Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides (44023 Views)

Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs / Names Of Osinbajo’s Aides Fired By Buhari / Sack Of Osinbajo’s Aides Causes Tension In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by uzoexcel(m): 5:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
I wont call it demeaning. those positions may ve someone's goal or for other people,a mere stepping stone ..for unambitous people or people who no like 'wahala', these positions r just perfect!!!

oz4real83:
The offices of the vice president, deputy governor and local government chairmen are the most powerless and demeaning offices especially when there is conflict of interests with the superiors. The president can decide to sideline his Vice throughout his tenure and nothing will happen. Same with a governor sidelining his deputy. A local govt chairman can be elected on monday and be removed/suspended by the governor on tuesday if there is conflict of interests. These above offices are not enviable at all in a country like Nigeria where most superiors are very power drunk and arrogant.
Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by AutoReportNG: 5:58pm On Nov 08, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
I think some people are blowing this out of proportion. What is wrong in reducing the cost of government. The real question is what is Osinbajo (a vice president) doing with 80+ aids! Is it national assembly!
I understand that Mr Buhari (he's not my president) is undermining the VP but if we want to put sentiment aside and look at this critically, having 85 aids is too much for one man!
I know it's none of my business since they are not paying them directly from my account but anything to take food off the tables of some pot belly thieves will always look good to me!

The fact is, they people blowing this out of proportion are the Sacked aids. They are seeking public sympathy using Osinbajo as a tool.

Well, according to VPs office most of these aides are not paid from the FG account, they are funded and paid by donors which means FG do not pay them or are they on their government payroll... I will send the link when I see it

1 Like

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by Salvador1: 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
All nairaland urchins have disappeared within a twink of an eye.

I swear they wished the truth will never be revealed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by Hypocrit: 6:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
The buharideens in this forum are highly, dull, stupid, mad, dumb, brain dead with their strong body odour capable of killing a nation.

They are actually the ones destroying this country.

Mods, una ban food dor don.

8 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by webngnews: 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by Enculer2: 6:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
The slave has had his aides sacked by his master.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by Hypocrit: 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
One wretched guy here was even saying that spokespersons don't lie, they are meant to tell the truth always. Animals among humans.

The people you are trying to defend on a daily basis are thesame people making you look like a fool and a wretched lier, but still you still choose to wallow in your tag of zonbeism.

Pathetic lots.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by kunmiiii: 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2019
Xisnin:

You said 80 aides are too much.
Then why the need for discretion when the government is doing the right thing?
We all know this government is fond of polishing its image through the media, the only
reason the sack wasn't publicized is that it was done in bad faith.
Bad faith? Let's all take a breather and not jump into conclusions but I'd wager the reason why a lid was kept on the whole thing was to avoid the sensationalism that has been rife between the duo, however, not reaching a compromise with the VP didn't help matters. The motives behind the firing might be unclear but having over 80 aides is not something anyone should defend.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by Hypocrit: 6:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
Dogs and fowls has more honour than the probuhari in this forum.

Very anyhow animal beings.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by Xisnin(m): 6:17pm On Nov 08, 2019
kunmiiii:

Bad faith? Let's all take a breather and not jump into conclusions but I'd wager the reason why a lid was kept on the whole thing was to avoid the sensationalism that has been rife between the duo, however, not reaching a compromise with the VP didn't help matters. The motives behind the firing might be unclear but having over 80 aides is not something anyone should defend.
The bold can't be true.
Right from 2015, this government loves sensationalism that helps it look good to Nigerians.
It will never have passed up an opportunity to show that it is against corruption or "wastage"
by publicizing the pruning of "unnecessary" aides.

The fact that the vice president's spokesperson was not aware of the sack or lied about it speaks
volume.
For an administration that has always used the media at any slight opportunity, keeping mum over this
issue is a big red flag.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by DNSPro: 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
I think some people are blowing this out of proportion. What is wrong in reducing the cost of government. The real question is what is Osinbajo (a vice president) doing with 80+ aids! Is it national assembly!
I understand that Mr Buhari (he's not my president) is undermining the VP but if we want to put sentiment aside and look at this critically, having 85 aids is too much for one man!
I know it's none of my business since they are not paying them directly from my account but anything to take food off the tables of some pot belly thieves will always look good to me!

The fact is, they people blowing this out of proportion are the Sacked aids. They are seeking public sympathy using Osinbajo as a tool.

Has Buhari reduced his? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by AmuDimpka: 6:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
I dey Shame for his people

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by Arysexy(m): 6:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
So why deny before?

This govt and lies sef

1 Like

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by osato45: 7:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

it is sad you can't see through all the shenanigans going on at aso rock, no matter the urgency, abba kyari wasted tax payers money for a trip to london for buhari to sign a bill,

This is a president who had asked many weeks back that certain restrictions would come in place for ministers to travel twice atmost within a quarter abroad and are restricted to business class, while non special staff would go with economy and also reduced days for which they were to benefit from the foreign allowance to the days of the event for which they would attend

They didn't look at the cost the government would save if he had waited for the president's return before assenting on the bill rather they also saw it as a cheap cover to the fact that the president was still active and could rule from any part of the globe and hènce no need to transmit power to his vice. Well if you can't see all these, i am sorry for you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by knightsTempler: 7:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
Where is our London used president? Confirm if the protest ongoing in London is true, when will the DSS fly to London to arrest the protesters and charge them for treason?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by GGirll: 7:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
superlanny:
This Cabals have grown very Large Balls, thicker and longer than Zues himself, e just be like say dem dey tap small pickin for head, this downgrading will not be forgotten, and if for nothing it makes me like the Man more, I see the likes of Mamman Daura, Abba kyari, Tinubu and the likes having hard ons at the expense of osinbajo's raping.
May God fight for the innocent and defenseless, Amen.

What made you think he is innocent? He who dines with the devil must do with a long spoon....he must face d consequences of his wixkedness, eye service,disservice to Christians n all his connivance n lies....he is a hypocrite n a shame to Christianity .
Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by executive12: 7:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
Where are those fools calling fake news?
Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by onatisi(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
AutoReportNG:
BUHARI, OSINBAJO WILL, TOGETHER, SCRIPT A GLORIOUS FUTURE FOR NIGERIA

The President is in absolute control of his government. The media should stop attributing non-existent powers to some people. There cannot be anyone too powerful for President Buhari to control.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media and Publicity)
November 8, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/GarShehu/status/1192810559432986627

THIS IS THE REAL MESSAGE THEY WANT TO PASS ACROSS

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by Tellemall: 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Osinbanjo been reduced to a mere Receptionist that Abba Kyarri now tosses around anyhow hewants

Same way Yakubu Gowon tossed Awolowo around back in the days like a chicken

Smh
LOL
Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by coernes: 8:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
Who doesn't know that Abba kyari is the one ruling this country? The old man called Buhari is just there for show. Abba Kyari controls Buhari, Osibanjo and Nigeria at large. It is his ideas that Buharis government is using to run Nigeria. That's why even Aisha is complaining that she doesn't understand her husband's government. Imaging a woman not knowing what her husband is doing. Is it the VP that will know?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by Staro: 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
I will resign from RCCG if Pastor Adeboye
posts Osinbajo to my parish.

In attempt to appear loyal to his boss, Osinbajo
completely turned himself to the biggest liar this
country has ever known

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by Moikiitos: 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Hmmm... Its well... Daily Trust is right by the way...

But, why the denial in the first place? Why the media attacks? Why did Osibanjo's SSA media has to lie on twitter yesterday as well?

So many questions

So many WHY questions...if, we keep asking this government the WHY questions. We would have gone round Nigeria and still...won't get proper answers to it.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by domido(m): 11:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
AutoReportNG:

But, why the denial in the first place? Why the media attacks? Why did Osibanjo's SSA media has to lie on twitter yesterday as well?

So many questions
When Akande told us there was no list that we should ignore the list,I agreed with him oo and even said I will ignore it but I know he has the original list, one slowpoke on twitter came full on me telling me I don't understand English oo. Now we see who has the last laugh.
Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by Shuugar98(f): 11:14pm On Nov 08, 2019
osinbanjo the lying pastor, you see your life?
you went to America to lie in defend of this austerity government, I heard they have repented a house in maitama for some of your staffs to leave the aso villa, your zombies n SSA still denied, your zombies attack Afenifere for Saying the obvious... Yoruba Ronu o... Omo oluwabi ni wa o..igba wo ni ama kuro ninu oko eru Fulani? this suffering and smiling cannot continue like this
Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by edupedia: 12:09am On Nov 09, 2019
AutoReportNG:

So many questions

He said the list was not correct. Please show us confirmation that the list your looters put out is correct.
Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 09, 2019
The "Presidency" has spoken.

I am beginning to think that the cabal is "the presidency" that we have been wondering about all this while.
I even suspect that the president is not even part of that "the presidency".

He is in the UK and "the presidency" is sacking people the president appointed himself.

Conclusion: "The presidency" is greater than the president...and the vice president combined.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by romenna: 12:22am On Nov 09, 2019
RexTramadol1:
Attributing non existent powers to some people

That part is somehow
a direct shot at osunbade
Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by AutoReportNG: 10:15am On Nov 09, 2019
edupedia:

He said the list was not correct. Please show us confirmation that the list your looters put out is correct.

I don't comment on politics but since you have decided to engage me, let me school you a bit. Did you read the press release at all? Also, did you watch Politics Today on Channels TV where Garba himself confirmed that the aides were truly sacked?

See, its not a sin or a crime to admit you are wrong, stop defending lies with lies, for once, learn to admit you are wrong and apologise
Re: Presidency Confirms Sacking Of Osinbajo’s Aides by AlphaTaikun: 5:23pm On Apr 14, 2022
AutoReportNG:
BUHARI, OSINBAJO WILL, TOGETHER, SCRIPT A GLORIOUS FUTURE FOR NIGERIA

The Presidency wishes to confirm that there is, on-going, an unprecedented overhaul of the nation’s seat of government, arising from which a number of political appointments have either been revoked or not renewed in the Second Term.

The exercise, which has been ordered by the President, is to streamline decision-making, cut down multiple authorities and reduce the cost of administration.

It is also an appropriate response to the general perception that the Presidency has an oversized and bloated workforce which acts as a drag on efficiency.

As may have been noticed by discerning members of the public, a number of political appointees among the few that served in the office of the President were not returned for the Second Term.

The office of the Vice President, His Excellency Yemi Osinbajo has, in compliance with the directive of the President, equally been shed of a number of such appointees.

In carrying out these exercises, the overriding objective is to save taxpayer money and deliver needed service to the public. As far as the President is concerned, there is no scope for an excuse for administration after getting a huge mandate to run the country for four more years.

In the light of this, the Presidency wishes to strongly deny rumours of a rift between President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo. The relationship between the two leaders remains excellent and trusting. Together, they will script a glorious future for the nation.

The media reports of a soured relationship are originating from the minds and mouths of mischief makers, who are desperate for entertaining stories from the Aso Rock Villa with which to titillate the public. This ulterior motive is the basis of the wrong interpretation given to the recent exercise in the Presidency.

There has been a streamlining of staff going on for a while. The President has always had fewer staff than the Vice President, and there were always plans to reduce the number of staff at the Villa.

The streamlining was not personal or targeted to undermine the Vice President's office, as the so-called insider sources quoted by the media appear to make it seem.

The President is in absolute control of his government. The media should stop attributing non-existent powers to some people. There cannot be anyone too powerful for President Buhari to control.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media and Publicity)
November 8, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/GarShehu/status/1192810559432986627

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

People Kidnapped By Unknown Gunmen And List Of Attacks This Weekend / Maryam Abacha And Her Daughter Gumsu In New Photos / President Buhari Visits The Ikeja Bus Terminal In Lagos State (Photos & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.