Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Does Nairaland Shares Or Sells Our Contact Information? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does Nairaland Shares Or Sells Our Contact Information? (869 Views)

What Does Nairaland Mean To You? / Why Does Nairaland Go To Sleep At Night? / How Does Nairaland Recruit Moderators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Nairaland Shares Or Sells Our Contact Information? by silami(m): 3:57am On Nov 16, 2010
I am just curious if NL uses our profile info beside for registration purposes? since i registered on NL i kept on getting all sorts of 419 emails like the one below:

"I am sure you will be asking why I’m doing this. But believe me I come in peace. I am Mrs. Catherin Badji the wife of late Mr. Robert Badji who died some years back by a road accident. I am currently writing to you from England.

After my husband death, I became in charge of his business which was engaged in export of used clothing & Shoes to Africa and Asian Countries. Some months later, I took a step to extend the company's branch office to Africa which Benin Republique was my main target based on the fact that there is market force there.

During the course of this, I visited Benin Republique by myself through the help of Mr. Paul Hagboun the director general of Ste A.T.C Sarl, Benin Republique who helped me to conduct inquiries on the cost of opening a branch and operate in Benin Republique. Which after everything, it summed up to GBP 1.700.000.00.

Since I cannot travel along with such huge amount, I decided to pay it into the account of Ste A.T.C Sarl to enable me obtain all the documents requested by the Benin Government and pay for office and warehouse upon my arrival. A week after making the payment to the said account, I started experiencing much fatigue in my system which i went to the lab only to discovered that my Kidney is not functioning properly.

To that effect, I was advised by my doctor to quit from business so that I could have more years to live. Although I am now counting my days. As it stands now, I have decided to use the money in the care of Ste A.T.C Sarl to assist the needy through you and also support your business, since I cannot carry out this mission by myself again.

As you endeavor to assist me to carry out this mission of aid assistance, God almighty will surely bless you and those that will benefit from this philanthropic work.

If you wish to assist me in carrying out this mission, I shall be expecting your responds as soon as possible. To enable me direct you to my lawyer in Benin Republique who will help you legally to ensure that everything went on successfully to have the money in your care before I quit finally from using of computers."

Regards,
Mrs. Catherin Badji

Please how do they get my full names and info cos i dont use to get these before!

(1) (Reply)

Primavera Filling Station Sangotedo Sells Adulterated Fuel / Is Dis Possible / May 21, 2011 Apoclypse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.