Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? (1324 Views)

Should I Have Minded My Business? Did I Do Wrong? / My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
OK friends ...I have a lot in my hands and I need matured advice not to make mistakes please... I lost my rich aunt last year ....she handed over her properties and two kids to me to take care ...(adopted.the girl is 20yrs .just finished jamb .the boy is 12yrs .just going into js1)

now I'm 39. not married.and lost my job 2months ago....no liquid cash left but I have in my custody 4 units of 3bedroom flats ....also a 6 bedroom duplex not yet finished so no tenant yet... since my aunt was so secretive I had to start looking for other houses she didn't say...I have found two in an estate .....somewhere...nobody knows about it but me.I'm yet to find out more properties about 4. I have a new kia sport age jeep too in my possession ....

now d demand for upkeep and school fees from these two kids is really eating me up...have to borrow pending wen tenants pay .late payment most times....

now I'm turn in between selling one of the houses I found out on code. 10million.just a small apartment....I know I can start life wit it.love most of the problems,look for more properties and complete the 6 bedroom duplex.... my question and fear is that should I sell it and start life or keep managing with tenant fee and late payment ..?
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Mood11: 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
Didn't you save anything from your previous job before you got sacked?

If she were to be alive, what would you have been doing to survive since there's no job anymore?

You can sell the property and start a new life. You just had to add that the children were adopted to calm your crying conscience.. It's already in your thought and I won't tell you otherwise.

But before I drop my pen, let me announce to you that greed is deeper than what it appears to be, it usually starts with 'just this one..

And you see the human mind, it will show you a thousand and one more reason why you should sell just another building to augment the money realized from the sale of the previous house so that your life can make more more sense.

You will keep selling and squandering the money because there's more... And by the time the ccockkk crows at dawn, there would be nothing left for the children she left behind..

22 Likes

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Carbon2Oxide: 7:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
Are you doing all this for yourself or your rich aunts kids?

Be honest

6 Likes

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:46pm On Nov 08, 2019
you can lie to us all but dont be bringing BS stories here while lying to your own damn self..... is the money needed for the children's upkeep OR for you to start to "live life" ?!?!?!?!?

7 Likes

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2019
Mood11:

If she were to be alive, what would you have been doing to survive since there's no job anymore?

You can sell the property and start a new life. You just had to add that the children were adopted to calm your crying conscience.. It's already in your thought and I won't tell you otherwise.

But before I drop my pen, let me announce to you that greed is deeper than what it appears to be, it usually starts with 'just this one..

And you see the human mind, it will show you a thousand and one more reason why you should sell just another building to augment the money realized from the sale of the previous house so that your life can make more more sense.

You will keep selling and squandering the money because there's more... And by the time the ccockkk crows at dawn, there would be nothing left for the children she left behind..

when I mean start a life I mean I and the kids.they are now my children
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
Carbon2Oxide:
Are you doing all this for yourself or your rich aunts kids?

Be honest

for both of us.I was the only one running around when she was ill.she trained me.
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
In as much I would not support you selling the property,let assumed the one you are about to sell will for you.fixed 50% use the annual interest for the kids school fee do business with the rest.after that don't sell a block from her property
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
Sell the house and give those kids the kinda care they deserve. But put that millions to good use when u have it so you don't go selling all ur aunt's properties

2 Likes

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by NoToPile: 10:49pm On Nov 08, 2019
grin grin grin

Do not sell their property.

If they need extra money for their expenses, let the children decide. The 20 year old can decide whether to sell one of the properties to invest or not.

No matter how long the rent delays use that to take care of them.

Your motive is suspicious

'my aunt was so secretive'
' I started looking for other properties'
'only me knows about the ones I have seen'
'I have a kia sportage jeep in my possession'
'love most of the problems'
'can start life with it'

You sound like the typical Nigeerian uncle, you didnt think of selling the asset that would depreciate- the car.

You also didnt need to mention they were adopted.

Ask yourself if those kids had nothing left for them would you try to take care of them the little way you can.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by cococandy(f): 11:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
We all know how this is going to end.

Poor children cry

10 Likes

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by cococandy(f): 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2019
BTW

A 20yr old is big enough to understand things.
In fact even the 12 yr old can understand too.

The secret properties you’re discovering, have you told them about it? If you haven’t, are you ever going to tell them?
Do they know how much their mom left behind?

At their ages, they can have input (especially the 20yr old) on what is to be done with their mom’s estate.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by baby124: 3:42am On Nov 09, 2019
They told you to take care of the properties for those kids and not to sell them. You have no authority to sell them as you are not her legal heir whether you adopt her kids or not. I pity you because when those kids grow up and start fighting for their property, you will be in and out of jail. You are an opportunist and you will get burned.

Such a woman probably has a will with a lawyer somewhere who will hand over those properties to those kids at the appropriate time. When that time comes you will now confess who asked you to sell something you had no right to sell. It’s better you go and look for a job to take care of yourself. I am sure the rental income can take care of those kids.

Stop being greedy... it’s the 20yr old Agbaya I pity that allowed you to adopt her and is looking while your greedy eyes and mind is counting her properties and estimating their value for sale. You better go and find something to do with your life and leave what doesn’t belong to you alone!

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by liquidmetall: 3:51am On Nov 09, 2019
baby124:
They told you to take care of the properties for those kids and not to sell them. You have no authority to sell them as you are not her legal heir whether you adopt her kids or not. I pity you because when those kids grow up and start fighting for their property, you will be in and out of jail. You are an opportunist and you will get burned.

Such a woman probably has a will with a lawyer somewhere who will hand over those properties to those kids at the appropriate time. When that time comes you will now confess who asked you to sell something you had no right to sell. It’s better you go and look for a job to take care of yourself. I am sure the rental income can take care of those kids.

Stop being greedy... it’s the 20yr old Agbaya I pity that allowed you to adopt her and is looking while your greedy eyes and mind is counting her properties and estimating their value for sale. You better go and find something to do with your life and leave what doesn’t belong to you alone!

It is not that serious ..

E never reach fight

This is just a post
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by baby124: 4:00am On Nov 09, 2019
liquidmetall:

It is not that serious ..

E never reach fight

This is just a post
Who be dis wan? Are you suffering from something? You can leave your own comment and move on.
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 09, 2019
All her properties/possessions, including the new Kia Sports belong to her two kids, not you. She most likely died unexpectedly like most people do and you simply decided to take over her properties [and to search for the other properties she kept hidden since you know she was rich]. In any case, you have no right to sell any of her properties. Everything she toiled for when she was alive belong to her kids b|c they're the rightful beneficiaries, not you. Leave the properties/possessions alone for her kids and allow her spirit to rest peacefully.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by ifyalways(f): 8:11am On Nov 09, 2019
So you worked for whatever years and couldnt save funds for your business?

Be careful, Mr death lurks around and is watching. instead of selling the property, look for long lease say 5 years and please inform the children about the new houses you found. They are not yours.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by ifyalways(f): 8:12am On Nov 09, 2019
eddy1234:

im trying to get a letter of administration to access my late mums shares....uacn. i have payed the lawyer (70k) its out of the newspaper .but I hear I have to pay 10% of the share worth (which I dont even HV ) to government before they can give me the letter ..... how will I know the shares worth? cos when I went to the uacn office they said they can't attend to me without the death certificate (which I have) and the letter of administration. now I can't be issued the letter of administration till I pay 10% of the shares worth.I only have her shares number.I think I can find the shares certificate .how do I go about this? professionals in the house please.

If this is not a lie, i hope you are not the one killing all your relatives undecided

8 Likes

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by crackhaus: 8:35am On Nov 09, 2019
eddy1234:
OK friends ...I have a lot in my hands and I need matured advice not to make mistakes please... I lost my rich aunt last year ....she handed over her properties and two kids to me to take care ...(adopted.the girl is 20yrs .just finished jamb .the boy is 12yrs .just going into js1)
This information is too vague.

She handed over her properties and kids to you legally, or was it through word of mouth?
If it is the latter which I believe it is, then what exactly did she say to you regarding the administration of her properties and her kids?

Answer this first.

Another thing is, I don't believe you discovered any houses secretly which you are now looking to sell.
How did you come into possession of the documents for these properties that were 'secret'?

6 Likes

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Ginaz(f): 8:37am On Nov 09, 2019
Na wa . If he doesn’t do anything and the kids suffers they will tag him an irresponsible uncle that couldn’t take care of the kids under his care despite having full excess to their late mother’s property.

Y’all all concerned about properties like the kids are gonna go to school with the properties or eat the buildings one after the other as food.

Y’all lacked insights . y’all can’t see he is a struggling man that have burdens he never planned for suddenly placed under his care. He is fully responsible for them, so y’all want him to kill himself training two kids to the university on his own? How many parents these days could afford it without struggle?

The mother left properties, he’s just asking to sell one so things would be better for them. After all, won’t the kids benefit from it?

O.p I suggest you do sell a property to make the load lighter for you. While at it, make sure the kids know the properties their mother left and please set up a plan for the senior child , maybe a business for her cos nobody knows tomorrow.

Sell a property goddamnit!!! With all the properties you late aunt suffered to acquired she couldn’t take one to the grave. Let the living feed first . undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by crackhaus: 8:55am On Nov 09, 2019
Ginaz:
[s]Na wa . If he doesn’t do anything and the kids suffers they will tag him an irresponsible uncle that couldn’t take care of the kids under his care despite having full excess to their late mother’s property.

Y’all all concerned about properties like the kids are gonna go to school with the properties or eat the buildings one after the other as food.

Y’all lacked insights . y’all can’t see he is a struggling man that have burdens he never planned for suddenly placed under his care. He is fully responsible for them, so y’all want him to kill himself training two kids to the university on his own? How many parents these days could afford it without struggle?

The mother left properties, he’s just asking to sell one so things would be better for them. After all, won’t the kids benefit from it?

O.p I suggest you do sell a property to make the load lighter for you. While at it, make sure the kids know the properties their mother left and please set up a plan for the senior child , maybe a business for her cos nobody knows tomorrow.

Sell a property goddamnit!!! With all the properties you late aunt suffered to acquired she couldn’t take one to the grave. Let the living feed first . undecided[/s]
Na so so y'all y'all y'all full your comment.
My friend keep shut..

Is selling a property the only way to make money from it?

8 Likes

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Ginaz(f): 9:28am On Nov 09, 2019
crackhaus:

Na so so y'all y'all y'all full your comment.
My friend keep shut..

Is selling a property the only way to make money from it?

Kindly give better ideals or you be the one to keep shut . Shut up!!!!
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by crackhaus: 9:30am On Nov 09, 2019
Ginaz:

Kindly give better ideals or you be the one to keep shut . Shut up!!!!
Yeah not only 'ideals', but morals as well... grin

3 Likes

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Bigblessed: 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2019
God bless you my brother.

Please I want to be your friend just because of this post.

I like people who are bold enough to say the truth.

Keep in up.

Mood11:

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by craleonic: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ginaz:
Na wa . If he doesn’t do anything and the kids suffers they will tag him an irresponsible uncle that couldn’t take care of the kids under his care despite having full excess to their late mother’s property.

Sell a property goddamnit!!! With all the properties you late aunt suffered to acquired she couldn’t take one to the grave. Let the living feed first . undecided

You actually are the one lacking insight and discernment. Didn't you see his topic says '...and start a business?' Does that not tell you he is not planning on using that money for the kids only? His intentions are bad.

The 20 year old is old enough to make decisions, why is he not making her privy to all he knows and plans? Why is he not involving other relatives if his hands and thoughts are pure?

I pity those poor kids. Life sucks and human beings are terrible.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by craleonic: 2:20pm On Nov 09, 2019
Hi, OP. You have no right morally and legally (except your aunt actually willed those properties to you) to sell anything without the girl's consent. And you have to get the consent with the involvement of other family members (from her mom's and father's side, so it isn't under duress).

I know you have deadened your conscience already and told yourself what you are doing and planning to do is right... that is what Greed does to people. But for sure, that that same Greed will destroy you, yes it will kill you eventually but it will destroy you first. No one escapes paying for the wrong they do to children.

Better do what is right.

Hmm, I really feel bad for those poor children. That is why a will is good.

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Mood11: 3:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
Bigblessed:
God bless you my brother.

Please I want to be your friend just because of this post.

I like people who are bold enough to say the truth.

Keep in up.

We are friends already. I am following you ASAP. By the way, I'm a woman.
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Mood11: 3:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ginaz:

I don't know why I just feel like slapping you from here undecided
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Bigblessed: 4:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
Oh! My darling.
Same here.

Have followed asap

Thank you.

Mood11:

We are friends already. I am following you ASAP. By the way, I'm a woman.
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by I888(m): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
eddy1234:

now I'm 39. not married.and lost my job 2months ago....no liquid cash left but I have in my custody 4 units of 3bedroom flats ....also a 6 bedroom duplex not yet finished so no tenant yet... since my aunt was so secretive I had to start looking for other houses she didn't say...I have found two in an estate .....somewhere...nobody knows about it but me.I'm yet to find out more properties about 4. I have a new kia sport age jeep too in my possession ....

now d demand for upkeep and school fees from these two kids is really eating me up...have to borrow pending wen tenants pay .late payment most times....

now I'm turn in between selling one of the houses I found out on code. 10million.just a small apartment....I know I can start life wit it.love most of the problems,look for more properties and complete the 6 bedroom duplex.... my question and fear is that should I sell it and start life or keep managing with tenant fee and late payment ..?

The property are not yours. They do not belong to you. 10 Million is too little for a mind like yours because in one year, from your write up, you will blow it up.

I repeat, the property are not yours. do not plunge those kids into poverty....

You also did not tell us IF the children are aware of these properties you are harvesting behind their back.

My worry is that you will sell all the property and EAT the money to start a new life that will not even leave the ground. It is very obvious from the way you sounded in your OP.
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Acidosis(m): 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
This is the true meaning of "vanity upon vanity". You're about to reap everything you didn't plant. Even her children (adopted or not) don't stand a chance. What a waste.

Never married? And never bothered to build a close relationship with any family?
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Pavore9: 6:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
I have a feeling years to come, your aunt's properties will be history as you certainly have fraudulent tendencies going by your previous posts in other threads claiming she willed all her properties to you..

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Start My Business ? by Bigblessed: 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
Dear Mr. Y'all, I think keeping you standing for 20years to watch, will not be enough for you to see what we see in a moment while sitting down.

Ginaz:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Handle This Situation?? I Need Your Advice Please. / L.g Home Theatre 5.1 Champagne Black / Beware Of Just Uniforms. It's A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.