Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? (28154 Views)

Buy A Property And Make 30% Profit When You Sell Back To Us In 12 Months (Pics). / How To Transform Your Mistakes Into Business Opportunities In 2022 / Own A Property Or Invest In Property And Make 200% Profit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by LifeCoachAndre: 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
Where did you dig this up from...this throws a whole new dimension to the matter

philip0906:
I sincerely hope it is not that girl with loose vagina you posted about a while back, that is making you take this step?
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by fykes(m): 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2019
franchasng:
The Op's Aunt was a black feminist na, black female feminist hate to stay under a man once they see small financial success, are you surprised
Oh damn.. Girl u blew me away with that... I can imagine you as her next door neighbor.
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
That was the same mindset I had before going into business. That I can make it within a year with the money. Three years down the line, ur boy still dey struggle.
See guy, business is not easy unless you are blessed enough by God to adequately learn the business and get a shop in a VERY NICE LOCATION. If not, you are dreaming. Within the space of three years in our plaza alone, more than 20 businesses have folded. Think wisely. Treasury Bill will be a good idea if you sale one of the property for 10m. Imagine staking 10m in treasury bill for %10/annum(which may be higher than that sef). That is a solid 1m, while the 10m is still intact. You can never go hungry with that kind of money. But greed will not allow you do this. Your statements show that.
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by teemy(m): 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
@eddy1234, those houses bringing in rent are existing businesses. You don't sell off a business to start a new one especially if it is not bleeding and with no experience running one before. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Manage the exciting houses properly.

Trying to sell the houses would look like you are selling off properties that could be monitored to get something only you can control. It might not be said but being implied is enough.

You are on a pedestal here. Don't slip
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by ordbrandco: 10:40pm On Nov 10, 2019
If there were no properties will you still reason their upkeep. Start from there

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by joezyni(m): 1:22am On Nov 11, 2019
Op please do not sell any property.

I wonder what business you feel you want to start in this economy,manage the real estate well and you and your cousins should be fine.

Business is not easy o
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by LONGPREEK(m): 4:26am On Nov 11, 2019
he is talking of starting life, he doesnt even have the kids a heart. heartless naija criminals
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by Ten06(m): 5:37am On Nov 11, 2019
If it is only that 1 that worth 10m you want to sell there is nothing bad in selling it, but make sure you use the major part of the money to complete the duplex, going into business now will not immediately yield divident that will be enough for you to start utilizing, considering the present economy situation of the country business will take time before you can start spending from the profit. Wisdom is profitable
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by smog2500: 7:07am On Nov 11, 2019
eddy1234:
OK friends ...I have a lot in my hands and I need matured advice not to make mistakes please... I lost my rich aunt last year ....she handed over her properties and two kids to me to take care ...(adopted.the girl is 20yrs .just finished jamb .the boy is 12yrs .just going into js1)

now I'm 39. not married.and lost my job 2months ago....no liquid cash left but I have in my custody 4 units of 3bedroom flats ....also a 6 bedroom duplex not yet finished so no tenant yet... since my aunt was so secretive I had to start looking for other houses she didn't say...I have found two in an estate .....somewhere...nobody knows about it but me.I'm yet to find out more properties about 4. I have a new kia sport age jeep too in my possession ....

now d demand for upkeep and school fees from these two kids is really eating me up...have to borrow pending wen tenants pay .late payment most times....

now I'm turn in between selling one of the houses I found out on code. 10million.just a small apartment....I know I can start life wit it.love most of the problems,look for more properties and complete the 6 bedroom duplex.... my question and fear is that should I sell it and start life or keep managing with tenant fee and late payment ..?

. If you are willing to sell one of the properties..do contact me so I can help you get a buyer.( I have a client who needs a property to buy fast) My commission is 5% of total sale
Call me on 07030062702
Email: smog4u2c@gmail.com
omorogiea@accessbankplc.com
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by Newbielearner(m): 8:18am On Nov 11, 2019
You're feeling the rush, freedom and the responsibility of abundance that you've not experienced before. I don't know if your sister made you next of kin or appointed power to you to take ownership of her properties. One of her kids is no longer a minor.

Now, I'm assuming that you're not a greedy man. See, you need to assume that life is testing you with these resources and that none of them are yours.

If I were you, I'll see myself as an asset manager (including the management of her kids) and set a reasonable objective amount as my monthly salary for working for my sister. From that salary which shouldn't exceed 100-150k per month, I'll go for professional trainings, courses and practices with voluntary works too. This would make you employable in 6 months time.

Now, to determine whether to sell any property, you and the minor with the grown up kid have to sit together. I'm into properties and Investment. But you can hire any professional to join you in the meeting.

You need to evaluate the properties, location, cost of servicing, rental defaults, expected appreciations, etc. Properties can also lose value! You can transfer assets. That is, change a house for 50 taxify cars with weekly income, etc.

If it's business you want to go into, don't start it with your sister's money. You would lose the money. Look for someone passionate currently in the business and offer an investment with time bound royalty and equity with regular engagement on how they're running the business. Put some into platforms like investment one, Axa Mansard, Renmoney, mutual funds with Stanbic. When the money is back, return the capital with 20 to 50 percent for the kids and the other interests for yourself. From the interest, you can now start business. Don't be in haste.

Let the kids start going for skill acquisition. And carefully share somethings with other relatives.

I can't write much. Conclusively, create a story where in 10-20 years time, those kids decide to celebrate you for your impact in their lives and you celebrate yourself for how far you got with what was committed to you in terms of multiplication and fulfilment.

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by toprealman: 8:22am On Nov 11, 2019
eddy1234:
OK friends ...I have a lot in my hands and I need matured advice not to make mistakes please... I lost my rich aunt last year ....she handed over her properties and two kids to me to take care ...(adopted.the girl is 20yrs .just finished jamb .the boy is 12yrs .just going into js1)

now I'm 39. not married.and lost my job 2months ago....no liquid cash left but I have in my custody 4 units of 3bedroom flats ....also a 6 bedroom duplex not yet finished so no tenant yet... since my aunt was so secretive I had to start looking for other houses she didn't say...I have found two in an estate .....somewhere...nobody knows about it but me.I'm yet to find out more properties about 4. I have a new kia sport age jeep too in my possession ....

now d demand for upkeep and school fees from these two kids is really eating me up...have to borrow pending wen tenants pay .late payment most times....

now I'm turn in between selling one of the houses I found out on code. 10million.just a small apartment....I know I can start life wit it.love most of the problems,look for more properties and complete the 6 bedroom duplex.... my question and fear is that should I sell it and start life or keep managing with tenant fee and late payment ..?

I bet you in the next 2 years, you must have sold off all her belongings...... including those kids if the opportunity presents itself.
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by concho(m): 8:38am On Nov 11, 2019
fykes:

U no go tell am where u dey go submit the 300k after settlement, u no go tell am say before u get the 300k u Don get your own shop and plenty boiz under you for another market,
Guy leave matter.... Na person wet wear chaplet dey think say everybody Na Catholic.
Our Reasoning is not same Bro. ......we bliv that money is not a stopping factor , Idea is .
I was settled with 150k sir . Never had any advantage as u listed above . Though not rich yet, but basics needs arnt worries here.
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 11, 2019
Where is the 10m house situated and please reply me with enough details.DM pls.
Re: Should I Sell A Property And Go Into Business? by wisdomline: 9:31am On Nov 14, 2019
LeoThaGreat:
Selling a real estate isn't the same as selling a mobile phone. You'll need legit papers in place.
Once you have that, go ahead and sell just 1 property, because that will be more than enough to maintain the welfare of the true owners of the properties - your aunt's kids; you'll also have enough funds to set something up to bring regular cash into your account, or probably get a new job.

The adopted child is also a legitimate beneficiary of those properties, and if you misappropriate them, she will spend her entire life haunting you for bad.
Help her get admission in a relatively affordable private university in Nigeria. She will meet other rich kids that can change her life for better, and you'll also benefit if you don't mess up.

If you can maintain those properties well, you will have no reason to lack.

Make sure you document every kobo because you are accountable to those kids, and they might need you to detail how you managed their mom's properties later in life.
Hope my contribution has been helpful

This is a perfect response. I just want to add to that, depending on your passion, investing the proceeds of disposed property in a business or businesses that will yield good returns.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Investing In Digital Currencies; Looking At The Bigger Picture / Eurobond / Latest Yahoo Boy Update - Best Apps For Yahoo Boys For Easy Cash Out In 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.