Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,040 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Ander Herrera: Football Not The Most Important Thing At Man Utd - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ander Herrera: Football Not The Most Important Thing At Man Utd (413 Views)

LGBTQ: FIFA Ask Worldcup Teams To Focus On Football Not Gay Rights / PSG Signs Ander Herrera On Free Transfer Until 2024 / Manchester United Confirm Ander Herrera Exit, Fans React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ander Herrera: Football Not The Most Important Thing At Man Utd by beejay501: 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2019
Ander Herrera left Manchester United over the summer and claims “football was not considered the most important thing” at Old Trafford.

The Spanish midfielder walked away from the Red Devils at the end of his contract, with the decision taken to sign for Paris Saint-Germain as a free agent.

He had spent five years in England working under the likes of Louis van Gaal, Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The Red Devils have endured a humbling fall from grace in recent times, with the club facing plenty of accusations regarding a supposed focus on commercial matters, rather than sporting ones.

Herrera appears to share that opinion, telling So Foot: “I was very happy at that incredible club. I am very grateful to the supporters.

“Frankly, I was immensely happy in Manchester, but at the club, there were times when I felt that football was not considered the most important thing.”

Pressed on whether business was the focus for United, Herrera added: “That does not come out of my mouth.

“I don’t know, but football was not the most important thing in Manchester."

Read more: http://v.duta.us/uZNODAAA

(1) (Reply)

Isak subjected to racist abuse in Romania as Sweden qualify for Euro 2020 / ‘Tottenham fans don’t love me, but they accept me’, admits Jose Mourinho / Correct Score. Arsenal 3 1 Brigton & Hove

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.