Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,346 members, 7,957,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:34 AM

52 Year Old Delivers Baby After 25years Of Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 52 Year Old Delivers Baby After 25years Of Marriage (1950 Views)

Woman Carries Her Baby After 23-Years Of Marriage. See Photo / Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Tricycle [photos] / Policemen Brutalise Eight-month Pregnant Woman: Delivers Baby Prematurely (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

52 Year Old Delivers Baby After 25years Of Marriage by eghost247(m): 7:52am On Nov 16, 2010
http://thepmnews.com/2010/03/12/woman-52-year-old-delivers-baby-married-in-1985

A 52 year-old lady evangelist, Foluke Awoleye, has given birth to a baby girl after 25 years of marriage without a child. She rightly named the baby Miracle.

Evangelist Awoleye told P.M. NEWS that she witnessed a lot of pressures during the period she remained hopeful for a child of her own.

According to her, her husband’s family members tried to persuade him to get another wife, but he rebuffed their advice due to the love he had for her.

She also claimed that as an Evangelist, she tried not to be sad or discouraged during this period which she described as her trying time.

“My husband’s people advised him to seek an alternative, because they had lost hope that I can bear a child.

“But because my husband is a man of God and he loves me, he continued to tell them that he would not do anything against the oath he took when we got married.

“He told them that whether I give birth to a child or not, he would allow God’s will to be done.”

Mrs. Awoleye, who is a gospel musician, further said she pacified herself with her songs.

“I always knew God would perform this miracle, but as a human being, there were times I got tired of waiting.

“In such circumstances, I ran to my father, who is the Bishop of a church and he would calm me asking me to wait upon God,” she said adding that she had tried various means to bear a child, including visiting various hospitals.

She said she released an album in which she said that her miracle was on the way, but two years after the album was released and there was no conception, she said family members started asking her why she sang the song when she had no faith.

Some, she said, were asking her when the miracle would come.

“When they started seeing my protruding tummy, they kept wondering what could have happened to me and they kept on wondering till I finally put to bed,” she said.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Slap Your Biological Mother For N9billion / A Kid Did This With His Mum And Posted It On Instagram / (Graphic Photos):Baby Found Dead In A Canal In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.