Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,129 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? (1772 Views)

His Skin Color Does Not Define Who He Is / Art Cathey-40% Of African Women Bleach And 77% Of Nigerian Women Bleach / Pregnant Women In Ghana Now Reportedly Take Pills To Bleach Unborn Babies’ Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by potent5(m): 2:06am On Nov 09, 2019
This picture of Fela Anikulapo Kuti suggests that he bleached his skin. What do you think?

Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by pfadom: 6:22am On Nov 09, 2019
What a critical observation!

2 Likes

Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by potent5(m): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2019
Obviously, Fela bleached.
Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by potent5(m): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2019
Obviously, Fela bleached. grin
Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by London2011(f): 6:28am On Nov 10, 2019
Stupid. He did not bleach. This man was all about Black power,why would he bleach? His son Femi Kuti is also lightskin,you gonna accuse him of bleaching too?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by 1shortblackboy: 12:00am On Nov 12, 2019
Knuckles elbows knees and ankles are always darker than the rest of the body. That a person is darker in one of these parts is not a conclusive evidence of bleaching

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by HarryDuce(m): 8:18am On Nov 12, 2019
Darker skin around the joints is not solely caused by bleaching as many ignorant people assume.
So no, Fela did not bleach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by potent5(m): 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
It's obvious Fela bleached his skin. You can see the contrast in the colour of his skin and that of the lady in the picture.
You can see his natural colour here. You can observe that his knuckles are the same shade of black as other parts of his body.

Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by potent5(m): 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
1shortblackboy:
Knuckles elbows knees and ankles are always darker than the rest of the body. That a person is darker in one of these parts is not a conclusive evidence of bleaching
It's obvious Fela bleached his skin. You can see the contrast in the colour of his skin and that of the lady in the picture.
You can see his natural colour here. You can observe that his knuckles are the same shade of black as other parts of his body.
Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by nlPoster: 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2019
Friction perhaps.

There's a form of planking I want to get elbow pads for, because your weight is on your elbows. He probably exercised a lot to stay in shape.
Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by RedboneSmith(m): 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2019
I can't believe this needs to be said, but some light-skinned people have naturally dark knuckles, elbows, knees. It isn't always about bleaching.

3 Likes

Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 17, 2019
London2011:
Stupid. He did not bleach. This man was all about Black power,why would he bleach? His son Femi Kuti is also lightskin,you gonna accuse him of bleaching too?
Femi Kuti's mother was of mixed races.

1 Like

Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by Olu317(m): 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
RedboneSmith:
I can't believe this needs to be said, but some light-skinned people have naturally dark knuckles, elbows, knees. It isn't always about bleaching.

coolcool
Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by MetaPhysical: 6:35am On Nov 19, 2019
OP,
Fela and his siblings all took their light complextion from their mother, Mrs Ransome Kuti.

Dr Beko was the lightest.

I cant help you research on elbow contrast but Fela was naturally light complexioned. I believe his habits with drinks and smoke may have even darkened him than he was naturally.

Let me know if your Prof accept your thesis on the subject.

1 Like

Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by potent5(m): 8:40am On Nov 19, 2019
MetaPhysical:
OP,
Fela and his siblings all took their light complextion from their mother, Mrs Ransome Kuti.

Dr Beko was the lightest.

I cant help you research on elbow contrast but Fela was naturally light complexioned. I believe his habits with drinks and smoke may have even darkened him than he was naturally.

Let me know if your Prof accept your thesis on the subject.
grin
Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by Obalufon: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
Another rubbish post by ibos, illusion that light skinned is peculiar to them alone in Nigeria... Fela came from lineage of light skinned people both paternal and maternal lineage ..His mom and dad was light skinned also his siblings ...Toye was light skinned olukoye was even lighted ...The picture you posted was in 90s towards his death, he was having skin problem blemishes he was becoming extremely fair leucoderma/ vitiligo due immune disorder he was losing his melanin pigmentation probably one of the symptoms of what claimed killed him Aids

Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by nlPoster: 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
What is the problem again now?

Must the presence of blemishes generate so much controversy?
Re: Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? by nlPoster: 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2019

(1) (Reply)

ISHESHE FESTIVAL In Pictures / Benin Empire : Science And Technology / Prove Benin - Ife Connection With Archeological Findings And Get 10k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.