Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

His Skin Color Does Not Define Who He Is - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / His Skin Color Does Not Define Who He Is (251 Views)

Did Fela Also Bleach His Skin? / Is There Any Culture In Igboland That Does Not Allow Women To See Men When Eatin / Akwa Ibom @30, Orange Is Our Color, Color Yourself With The Color Me Orange App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

His Skin Color Does Not Define Who He Is by SReporters: 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2023
My daughter updated her profile picture today. I received a text message after about 5 minutes. "Did you know she was dating a black boy?" It took me all day to come up with a response, which I didn't send personally but thought I'd share for anyone else who might be interested.

Yes, I was aware, but the color of his skin does not define who he is. How he treats my daughter defines him.

I see my daughter dating a boy who comes to my house and treats me with respect (a big deal in my book). It's always "yes, ma'am," "no, ma'am," we talk about football and baseball, he says good-bye when he leaves, and he has never shown me disrespect or a lack of manners.

My daughter is dating a boy who treats her well. He takes her on dates, to ballgames, and out to eat rather than to clubs or weekend parties. My daughter is dating a boy who brings her to church with him. He plays in the band every Sunday, and she sits with his family. How many young men these days prioritize church? Neither of the others have.

He never hits her, curses at her, lies to her, or makes her cry. Would I rather have her date a white boy who did in order to keep her from dating another race? Certainly not!
That is my response to the question that was posed to me.

And, while I understand that everyone has an opinion, the fact that my daughter has someone who loves her and treats her like a queen makes me happy. That's something I've never had before, and I'm glad she has it.

Credit: Heather Boyer

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/01/25/his-skin-color-does-not-define-who-he-is/

(1) (Reply)

Analysing Proverbs With My Talking Drum Guess / Living Expenses Compared: Nairobi Kenya �� Vs Lagos Nigeria �� / ((+256751735278 ))urgent Death/revenge Spells Caster In Australia ,usa,canada.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.