Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,205 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me (31895 Views)

Banky W: I Was Disappointed Wizkid Didn’t Attend My Wedding / "I Sang My First Hit At 16, Korede Bello Is 28 & Still My Boy" - Dammy Krane / Banky W: "I Am A Married Man Don't Touch Me" - Female Fan Caressing His Joystick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by GistMore1: 5:50am On Nov 09, 2019
Singer and filmmaker, Bankole Wellington, aka Banky W, has shared a story of his experience with some armed robbers on Lagos Island who asked him to entertain them after robbing him.

He spoke at ‘Monday Night Live’, a programme hosted by a Gospel artiste, Tim Godfrey.

He said, “I recall that after a certain December 31 night ‘crossover’ service, I was on my way to the island after dropping a friend. On getting to where my friends were, I stopped and alighted. The next thing I felt was a slap at my face. Lo and behold, I saw four armed robbers. I opted to give them the key of my rickety car. They slapped me again, saying, ‘Who wants your car’? They told me to move to the back seat of the car while they used my car to rob others. They took my money, jewellery, phone and cap.”

Continuing, he stated, “At one point, one of the armed robbers told the others, ‘Let us take him to Ajah and kill him.’ I started begging them not to kill me. I told them I am a singer. They then asked me to tell them the songs I had recorded. When I mentioned ‘Ebute Metta’ ‘Capable’ and others, the robbers expressed surprise saying, ‘So you are Mr Capable? Sing for us.’ That was the scariest free show I ever did in my life. I had to sing to armed robbers.”

He also spoke about a side of his life people hardly know.

Wellington, who contested to represent Eti-Osa Federal Constituency at the National Assembly early in the year, said, “There was a time I almost joined the army because I was broke and wanted a pay cheque. Which job haven’t I done? I have sold knives and clothes. Every holiday, I used to take any job that gave me a room on campus because I didn’t want to return to my uncle’s house.

“I returned to Nigeria to pursue my passion for music. In the entertainment business, fame comes before fortune. The problem was that all the money I saved from my engineering job, I spent on recording and promoting my songs. At that point, I was living in the attic of my manager’s house. It got so bad that I was borrowing N5, 000 from him to buy airtime and fuel for my car. I struggled to a point that I started doubting my music talent.”

BY GISTMORE - https://gistmore.com/day-robbers-told-me-to-sing-after-robbing-me-banky-w

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Adepet222(f): 5:57am On Nov 09, 2019
Everyone has a story.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Amazingman(m): 5:58am On Nov 09, 2019
I understand this man very well. If you haven't been through, you are far from breakthrough

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by pfadom: 6:03am On Nov 09, 2019
Adepet222:
Everyone have has a story.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Bellgal: 6:17am On Nov 09, 2019
Thank God they didn't harm u.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Friidede: 6:17am On Nov 09, 2019
We thank the Lord you are safe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Praizenewstv: 6:41am On Nov 09, 2019
angry
Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 09, 2019
Imagine singing for armed Robbers at gun point.

Not funny at all.
Not funny my brother.

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by sweetonugbu: 7:08am On Nov 09, 2019
Following your passion in Nigeria without a sponsor is not easy.

5 Likes

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by DbeststarVictor1(m): 7:16am On Nov 09, 2019
I love the story, cuz everybody have a story to tell.but lol for the robbers

1 Like

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 7:47am On Nov 09, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Following your passion in Nigeria without a sponsor is not easy.
No-one wants to help
I guess you're on your own
Build a foundation with the bricks they throw In a black and white World,
True colors show
Life's like an ill, but try and get a hold
Opinions ain't fact, take em and let em go

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by aminusodiq(m): 8:35am On Nov 09, 2019
ffg
Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Leadafrica: 10:18am On Nov 09, 2019
They robbed you of your possession and still got a free live performance.

4 Likes

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 09, 2019
Na Norma thing..mesef don see life
Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by ednut1(m): 10:20am On Nov 09, 2019
Episode 504- things that never happened

1 Like

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Liamm(m): 10:20am On Nov 09, 2019
Very clean Fairly used Tecno camon 11 for sale

3GB/32GB

4GLTE

Call

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by bamasite(m): 10:21am On Nov 09, 2019
For free?

I mean, did they pay him to sing from the loot, or they robbed him and still asked him to sing for free?
Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Slawormir: 10:21am On Nov 09, 2019
Damnnnnn

Those arm robbers are not real niggarrrz

Banky w taking off his cap alone should have informed them who they are robbing because the shape of his head is unique and is second to non on planet earth

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Four4Clien(m): 10:22am On Nov 09, 2019
Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by madjune(m): 10:22am On Nov 09, 2019
I'm sure the robbers got confused when they took off his cap.

Banky head get levels.

2 Likes

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Offpoint: 10:22am On Nov 09, 2019
When you get bored on line of duty and needed a little thing to spice itgrin

Hope he didn't start with "I'm Banky-W"

1 Like

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by tolumizzy(m): 10:22am On Nov 09, 2019
Good song dre
Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 10:24am On Nov 09, 2019
[quote author=pfadom post=83864947][/quote]grin
Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Authoreety: 10:24am On Nov 09, 2019
Wonder the song he actually sang for them
Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:24am On Nov 09, 2019
everyone has a story in life to tell.....the end point is, did you succed at the end of the hussle?

2 Likes

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by RexTramadol1: 10:25am On Nov 09, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

As a real nigggaaar

He's supposed to collect performance fee abi

Or buy them drinks for a job well done

6 Likes

Re: Banky W: I Sang For Armed Robbers Who Robbed Me by Jh0wsef(m): 10:25am On Nov 09, 2019
Hm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Williams Uchemba And His Wife Brunelle Compete In Italian Language / Mike Ezuruonye Laughs At His Throwback Photo / Nollywood Actor, Mike Ezuruonye And Wife, Keke Welcome New Baby Boy (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.