Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated (26704 Views)

Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home / Suspected Gastroenteritis Outbreak: Sokoto Govt. Confirms 9 Deaths / Gastroenteritis And Malaria Killed 62 People In Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by ikorodureporta: 7:23am On Nov 09, 2019
refuse, blocked drainages, bad roads, flood, .... what were they expecting? & Lagos State govt say no b true
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Ayantoyeopeyem(f): 7:24am On Nov 09, 2019
Chai, that thing is deadly. Lord I thank u oo, this tym last year, my two kids had it. It is highly contagious. Infact, I can bodly say It's was God that heal them.
Oluwa modupe.
RIP to d dead n I wish d rest quick recovery

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 09, 2019
Is it cholera you are calling gastroentro....

All these book people sha.

Please if you are stooling and vomiting at the same time, rush yourself to the nearest hospital o.

Aa ni sofo emi o.

2 Likes

Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Friday9900: 7:25am On Nov 09, 2019
see below
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 09, 2019
Ayantoyeopeyem:
W

hanty, you too are booking space ni? cheesy
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 09, 2019
ikorodureporta:
refuse, blocked drainages, bad roads, flood, .... what were they expecting? & Lagos State govt say no b true

After all your space booking honku, na still second page you land. cheesy grin tongue
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by LibrarianD: 7:27am On Nov 09, 2019
This point to the need to restore and monitor the environmental sanitation exercise in Lagos.
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Revolva(m): 7:32am On Nov 09, 2019
That why I like dog meat so prepared hot n spicy hahaha I don't buy suya these days
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by distinction99(m): 7:32am On Nov 09, 2019
The only solution is our ATTITUDE towards waste disposal
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by ikorodureporta: 7:33am On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

After all your space booking honku, na still second page you land. cheesy grin tongue

cheesy I won chop d last space
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by QuickStandard: 7:35am On Nov 09, 2019
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 09, 2019
kobosmart:

angry is that you on your dp? Ya ugly o
If you feel so, no qualms. You free. I know u probably dealing with depression and trying to troll people to cover up but being nasty online is simply not the way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 09, 2019
dazzlingd:
angry
Improve your journalism, not everybody understands every terminology

Gastroenteritis

inflammation of the stomach and intestines, typically resulting from bacterial toxins or viral infection and causing vomiting and diarrhoea.
That's why dictionary is there
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 09, 2019
mach7:

Good drainage system that will greatly reduce flooding in Lagos, might require the demolition of at least 15% of the houses in Lagos. This is because most of these houses are built along drainage channels.
They should do it. It's for the betterment of the people in the long run.

2 Likes

ikorodureporta:

cheesy I won chop d last space

grin grin grin
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by dazzlingd(m): 7:38am On Nov 09, 2019
beamtopola:

That's why dictionary is there

Doing his journalism well rather than copying and pasting....stop giving excuses, there's room for improvement... Gerrariahia

2 Likes

Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by orisa37: 7:38am On Nov 09, 2019
Just for allowing Gas enter your Throat.
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 09, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
If you feel so, no qualms. You free. I know u probably dealing with depression and trying to troll people to cover up but being nasty online is simply not the way.

Pay him no mind. Frustrated peeps everywhere. Not difficult to spot them.

Kobosmart how do you people find it so easy to call other people ugly?

Remove that smart from your name, it's not fitting at all.

3 Likes

Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 09, 2019
Revolva:
That why I like dog meat so prepared hot n spicy hahaha I don't buy suya these days

I'm sure one can also get rabies from improperly cooked dog meat.

Dog meat!!! Lawd! People can eat anything sha...

1 Like

Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 09, 2019
dazzlingd:

Doing his journalism well rather than copying and pasting....stop giving excuses, there's room for improvement... Gerrariahia
Stop being lazy by expecting everything at ease...
Think research and start solving some problems. Think and open dictionary
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 09, 2019
Ayantoyeopeyem:
Chai, that thing is deadly. Lord I thank u oo, this tym last year, my two kids had it. It is highly contagious. Infact, I can bodly say It's was God that heal them.
Oluwa modupe.
RIP to d dead n I wish d rest quick recovery

Hmmm... Oluwa o se o.
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by 24kmagic: 7:47am On Nov 09, 2019
One minute I want to relocate to Lagos and the next minute, I feel like staying here.

Lagos is just developed, the standard of living there is nothing to write home about.

4,5,6 people will be staying in a small room for nearly 70k/year, when 55-60k will get you a good self contain here for the same duration, and you want me to go there? Nope!

That's apart from the constant flood, waking up 3am and coming back 11pm, etc.

I rather stay here abeg

RIP to them.
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by mrsacure: 7:48am On Nov 09, 2019
Elibrainz:
Eleven persons have died of the 400 cases of gastroenteritis recorded in Lagos State.

According to the state Commissioner for Health, Prof Akin Abayomi, the rising number of gastroenteritis cases is due to flooding in some parts of the state.

In a statement, Abayomi said gastroenteritis cases had been reported in some local government areas, particularly in Surulere, Mushin, Ajeromi and Lagos Island since mid-October.
He, however, said the situation was under control as a result of the policies and interventions already put in place by the state government.

Of the 400 cases reported so far, the commissioner said “370 of these cases have been treated and discharged.”

He said, “Unfortunately, we have also recorded 11 deaths due to the outbreak. The increase in the number of cases of gastroenteritis is not unconnected with persistent rain with flooding of some local government areas in the state.
“We have been able to send some samples to our laboratories and some of those samples tested positive for a type of cholera but we are not sure whether cholera is responsible for the entire outbreak of diarrhoea and vomiting.”

Abayomi further said the state Ministry of Health would send other samples to other laboratories for in-depth analysis “to see whether this is just a case of cholera or whether there are other pathogens or agents contributing to this outbreak.”
The commissioner also cautioned against the spread of misleading information about the disease outbreak and asked the residents to disregard any news about the disease that did not emanate from official channels.

https://punchng.com/11-died-370-treated-for-gastroenteritis-in-lagos/amp/
Lagosians should boil lime fruits and drink the water
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by dazzlingd(m): 7:50am On Nov 09, 2019
beamtopola:

Stop being lazy by expecting everything at ease...
Think research and start solving some problems. Think and open dictionary

Na wa for you oo, I don't expect my explanations to be too far to understand....didn't you do composition in secondary school. When writing an article, it is expected to give a short introduction.
A simple definition of the terminology in use, anybody that wants to do further research on it should go ahead....aba! U people no go school

1 Like

Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 09, 2019
dazzlingd:

Na wa for you oo, I don't expect my explanations to be too far to understand....didn't you do composition in secondary school. When writing an article, it is expected to give a short introduction.
A simple definition of the terminology in use, anybody that wants to do further research on it should go ahead....aba! U people no go school
Even me too, i dont expect mine to be factual as well. Even our fathers do used dictionary when ever they are reading news paper. Cyber peace... Abeg i don tire to dey explain.
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 09, 2019
These are part of the effects of climate change on coastal areas like Lasgidi. Coasts are sensitive to sea level rise, changes in the frequency and intensity of storms, increases in precipitation, and warmer ocean temperatures. A little rainfall most times results in flooded streets with poor drainage sytems.

Stomach flu is mostly caused by these two viruses rotavirus and norovirus. These viruses typically spread through contaminated water and foods, although they can also pass from person to person.

Part of the ways water becomes contaminated is if human waste enters drinking water because of flooding or from a sewage system that isn't working properly.. So no one is even safe wether ur drinking tap water or can, most of these waters aren't properly treated. And in addition to that, if u stay in Lagos avoid eating out for now especially vegetables, shellfish, seafood and salad ingredients are the foods most often infected with the viruses.

Even the water used in washing plates and utensils are not to be trusted talk more of the food handlers u don't know. It's well.

That was how i almost died of food poisoning like 2 weeks ago from one supposed upscale eatery.. those leaf wrapped moimoi/fish almost took my life. Now i only drink out & if i must eat na bbq which must be properly done or else u chop am urself undecided

1 Like

Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by kobosmart(m): 8:13am On Nov 09, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
grin ah ah don't feel bad, ugly people find love too
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by kobosmart(m): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

Kobosmart how do you people find it so easy to call other people ugly?
grin simple i look at their faces and if they don't look like human beings....... well you know
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 09, 2019
kobosmart:

grin ah ah don't feel bad, ugly people find love too
Nurudeen be guided. After trolling Kelvin about his dog having parvo, you wanna stick your nose in my mention? I won't even reply ur nonsense mentions again sef. You can knock ur ankles and blow.

1 Like

Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 09, 2019
kobosmart:

grin simple i look at their faces and if they don't look like human beings....... well you know

Yeah, that's why you are so courageous to put your own profile picture there. Not cool bro. No one's ugly.

I saw your comment was removed but you were not banned. I'm beginning to wonder if Nairaland moderators are subtly encouraging cyber bullying of the ladies on this platform.

cc: Lalasticlala Seun
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by kobosmart(m): 8:23am On Nov 09, 2019
FrLukas:

Yeah, that's why you are so courageous to put your own profile picture there. Not cool bro. No one's ugly.

I saw your comment was removed but you were not banned. I'm beginning to wonder if Nairaland moderators are subtly encouraging cyber bullying of the ladies on this platform.

cc: Lalasticlala Seun
angry hey not cool man, WTF?
Re: Gastroenteritis: 11 Die In Lagos, 370 Others Being Treated by kobosmart(m): 8:25am On Nov 09, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Nurudeen be guided. After trolling Kelvin about his dog having parvo, you wanna stick your nose in my mention? I won't even reply ur nonsense mentions again sef. You can knock ur ankles and blow.

grin grin hehehehehe h-ugly geh don vexzzzzzzzzz no worry ehn God go give you blind man to marry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Things You Should Know About Your Cholesterol Level / A Shocked Uniport Student Suffered An Epileptic Fit As Her Friend Fainted / Shortening The Menstrual Cycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.