Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,217 members, 7,867,553 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:15 PM

Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo (676 Views)

We Are Behind You, Oshiomhole’s Mother, Edo North Professionals Tell Osinbajo / Soldiers Who Shot Protesters Must Face The Law, US Officials Tell Osinbajo / Ganduje’s N300bn Chinese Loan Slavery, Kano Elders Tell Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:26am On Nov 09, 2019
The Yoruba Council of Elders has advised Vice President Yemi Osinbajo against resigning his position because of the alleged war against him by a cabal in the Presidency.
The Yoruba elders also advised President Muhammadu Buhari to remember Osinbajo ’s loyalty to him and refuse to be used by some power against his Vice President.
The Secretary General of the YCE , Dr Kunle Olajide , said this in an interview with Saturday PUNCH in Lagos on Friday.
Olajide said it was obvious that some persons were “ seriously ” working against the Vice President, saying the 2023 presidential ambition of some of Osinbajo ’s persecutors was the reason for doing this .
The YCE scribe said , “ We know like other Nigerians that there are enough signs that some people are working against Osinbajo but who the people are, I don’ t know .
“ It is obvious that some people are working against him and unfortunately, it appears as if Mr President is dancing to their tune.
“ I will urge Mr President to remember the Vice President’ s loyalty to him in the past four years, especially when he was out of the country for three months and refused to allow unguarded ambition to push him . ”
Olajide said the elders ’ council did not support the advice given by some people to Osinbajo to resign his position .
“ President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo hold the ticket together. Both of them were elected on a joint ticket, so Osinbajo should not resign , ” he said .
He urged the Vice President to remain loyal to the President and serve the country “ patriotically .”
He said , “ Osinbajo should remain god- fearing and people - centred in his activities and in the end , he will be vindicated.
“ No matter the motivation of some 2023 presidential aspirants against him , he should remain steadfast in what he is doing in the past four years that are acceptable to Nigerians and to God . ”
Meanwhile , the Presidency on Friday admitted that President Muhammadu Buhari ordered the sacking of some aides to Osinbajo .
It came after days of silence from the President’s office and barely 24 hours after the VP ’s aide denied that any Osinbajo aide was sacked.
The Presidency stated that the aides were sacked as part of the ongoing overhauling in the seat of government to cut costs .
A State House statement by Buhari’ s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity , Mr Garba Shehu, which officially confirmed the sacking, denied that the exercise was targeted at Osinbajo or that there existed any rift between Buhari and Osinbajo .
The statement read, “ The Presidency wishes to confirm that there is an ongoing unprecedented overhaul of the nation’ s seat of government , arising from which a number of political appointments have either been revoked or not renewed in the second term .
“ The exercise , which has been ordered by the President, is to streamline decision- making, cut down multiple authorities and reduce the cost of administration.
“ It is also an appropriate response to the general perception that the Presidency has an oversized and bloated workforce which acts as a drag on efficiency. ”
It added, “ As may have been noticed by discerning members of the public, a number of political appointees among the few that served in the office of the President were not returned for the second term .
“ The office of the Vice President, His Excellency , Yemi Osinbajo, has , in compliance with the directive of the President, equally been shed of a number of such appointees .
“ In carrying out these exercises , the overriding objective is to save taxpayers’ money and deliver the needed service to the public. As far as the President is concerned , there is no scope for an excuse for administration after getting a huge mandate to run the country for four more years.”
Denying that rift existed between Buhari and Osinbajo, the Presidency insisted that their relationship remained cordial .
He said , “ In the light of this , the Presidency wishes to strongly deny rumours of a rift between President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo . The relationship between the two leaders remains excellent and trusting. Together, they will script a glorious future for the nation.

Source: https://punchng.com/dont-resign-yoruba-elders-tell-osinbajo/

Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:32am On Nov 09, 2019
Don't resign till ur thrown out

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by richie240: 7:35am On Nov 09, 2019
These ones make greater sense than d so called Afenifere Afenifebi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by Beremx(f): 7:36am On Nov 09, 2019
I foresee Osibanjo being in the same shoes as Jonathan's emergence as president. He should NOT resign!!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by Racoon(m): 7:40am On Nov 09, 2019
Abeg Osinbajo leave the government for them. Hauas-fulani no they play with political power.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by ShobayoEmma(m): 7:50am On Nov 09, 2019
Osinbanjo can survive this political motivated storm if he is ready to spend on good PR strategy

1 Like

Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by a4cube: 7:55am On Nov 09, 2019
So finally it's TRUE that PYO is being manhandled by the Bubu and his CANAL.
Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by mgbadike81: 8:02am On Nov 09, 2019
When would southerners demand for the disintegration of Nigeria because this country cannot move ahead with this type of leadership? Are we not tired of the suffering and hopelessness?

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by omenka(m): 8:04am On Nov 09, 2019
Racoon:
Abeg Osinbajo leave the government for them. Hauas-fulani no they play with political power.
Look at them. Debased shameless HYPOCRITES.

Can you show us where you and your brothers advised your savior Jonathan to do same when he was being shoved in all directions by Turai and Aondokaa?

You simply want him to do so so you can satisfy your urge to see the tribe you hate with all your living cells ridiculed, in addition to your desperate desire to see APC in tatters.

Your plans have failed and you shall be disappointed like you always have been.

Such debased hateful beings.

Spits.
Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by Monogamy: 8:05am On Nov 09, 2019
Afi Yoruba Council of Elders Na.. grin grin

YCE Wey dey sing?
Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by omenka(m): 8:08am On Nov 09, 2019
Beremx:
I foresee Osibanjo being in the same shoes as Jonathan's emergence as president. He should NOT resign!!
Osinbajo has no such plans to start with. We were all here when Jonathan was caught up in a similar situation. We know the objective of those calling on him to throw in the towel and we know such an advice was nowhere close to their minds when Jonathan was experiencing same.

It will never be well with pdp and her supporters.
Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 09, 2019
Rekhina:
Cry cry baby I want to see ur mummy ,u are one of d mods but ur Tribalism is out of d world ,

Is only a fool who still thinks u are from Tiv ,WHERE U ARE A STRONG Afonja Moslem

Stop crying and take a bow

Immhotep Adaibeku and lzaa see dis crying Islam afonja( he is an mod from alausa ,don't ask me hw I knew

Omenka might be missing his room in IPOB office in Umuahiagrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by Rekhina(f): 8:31am On Nov 09, 2019
immhotep:

Omenka might be missing his room in IPOB office in Umuahiagrin
He is a strong afonja using maps and Google to call out Igbo villages ,he is mynd666

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:37am On Nov 09, 2019
Rekhina:
He is a strong afonja using maps and Google to call out Igbo villages ,he is mynd666
oh really.......
Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by Samunique(m): 8:50am On Nov 09, 2019
Beremx:
That's just the fear !!!
Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by Racoon(m): 9:20am On Nov 09, 2019
omenka:
Look at them. Debased shameless HYPOCRITES.Can you show us where you and your brothers advised your savior Jonathan to do same when he was being shoved in all directions by Turai and Aondokaa?

You simply want him to do so so you can satisfy your urge to see the tribe you hate with all your living cells ridiculed, in addition to your desperate desire to see APC in tatters.

Your plans have failed.You shall be disappointed like you always have been.Such debased hateful beings.Spits.
Guy take it easy.I must not express myself to please your thinking.We're all independent beings.Ndo!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by ORIENTATION101: 9:42am On Nov 09, 2019
Racoon:
did he complain to you. Osibanjo will finish his 8 years tenure and pdp will continue chasing shadows until they receive sense .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 9:44am On Nov 09, 2019
Beremx:
if the Yaradua tactics of waiting for Buhari to die did not work,then what makes you think that the Jonathan tactics would work either?grin
Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by Rekhina(f): 11:29am On Nov 09, 2019
NimrodEndOfDays:
I noticed that on some threads there is a bit of bias when censoring certain statement. So he is a mod........okay grin
He insulted me and I reciprocated ,and he deleted his insult and ban me to 2080 ,

He came back to laff at me ,dis happened last 2yrs with my bustyxxx

1 Like

Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by LZAA: 12:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
Rekhina:
Cry cry baby I want to see ur mummy ,u are one of d mods but ur Tribalism is out of d world ,

Is only a fool who still thinks u are from Tiv ,WHERE U ARE A STRONG Afonja Moslem

Stop crying and take a bow

Immhotep Adaibeku and lzaa see dis crying Islam afonja( he is an mod from alausa ,don't ask me hw I knew

He has forgotten how i took care of him in enugu and nnewi in idp camp o grin
Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by Dedetwo(m): 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2019
This boy is errand!!!!
Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by Dedetwo(m): 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
Beremx:

Nwannem nwayi, there is nothing to foresee. The Cabals and British have stepped up the use of STEM CELLS to keep Daura dull.ard standing upright.
Re: Don’t Resign, Yoruba Council Of Elders Tell Osinbajo by Beremx(f): 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
Dedetwo:

Nwannem nwayi, there is nothing to foresee. The Cabals and British have stepped up the use of STEM CELLS to keep Daura dull.ard standing upright.
Dede m!! Lol at Stem cells. grin grin

Odi egwu!!

(1) (Reply)

DSS Open Fire At Peaceful Protesters Demanding The Release Of Sowore (video) / Herdsmen In Imo, Gets 24 Hours To Leave / Im Ready To Face Trial In The Zoo - NAAMDI KANU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.