Stats: 3,194,786 members, 7,956,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:02 PM

Total 5w40 Oil - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total 5w40 Oil (3315 Views)

Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth / Is Total Quartz 9000 5w40 Full Synthetic? / What Are The Implications Of 5w30 Or 5w40 Instead Of 5w20 Engine Oil. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by dru23(m): 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2019
dannybrasky:

Mobil 1 dealers strategizing on a new plan grin

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by dru23(m): 9:52pm On Nov 10, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

The AIM ... American Ibadan Man....

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by dru23(m): 9:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Really? All these for egunmogaji2?

It's for anybody.... Or everybody ......
Re: Total 5w40 Oil by EgunMogaji2: 7:14am On Nov 11, 2019
dannybrasky:

Mobil 1 dealers strategizing on a new plan grin

Maybe it’s to bring in USA gasoline and windshield washer fluids for sale grin

You know because your car will just explode if you use any other product.

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by Eddee(m): 7:17am On Nov 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Maybe it’s to bring in USA gasoline for sale grin

Premium Octane 91-94 grin grin $1.50 per litre
Re: Total 5w40 Oil by dannybrasky(m): 7:23am On Nov 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Danm!!

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by radautoworks: 7:51am On Nov 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I already bring washer fluid but he can bring premium gasoline grin

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by EgunMogaji2: 9:16am On Nov 11, 2019
radautoworks:

Yes, but is it premixed using righteous USA water or I’ll have to use the dirty uncouth blasphemous local water to mix it?

And he’ll have to bring race gas before my skirt can get blown up cheesy

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by Fentanyl: 10:34am On Nov 11, 2019
overrated and fast becoming a nuisance

may be senility

old age taking its inevitable toll
Re: Total 5w40 Oil by dru23(m): 1:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

AIM.. American Ibadan Man .. Retire in Ibadan from USA.. Talking about going backwards... I dont blame you sha.. We are all product of our environment.....

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by dru23(m): 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2019
dannybrasky:

Danm!!

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by dru23(m): 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2019
radautoworks:

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by 9icetoo(m): 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2019
Seems cyber peace has been terminated.
Smartchoiice seems to be away.
Oya na. Let the games begin. cheesy
OP, if you seek better protection (what against, I do not know) and you seem to think 5w40 will offer you that, then by all the pistons and rings in your car, do so.
At least I am sure you will lose a few mpg, the other consequence(s) if any is what I am not sure of.
Been to other car forums where people have run 5w40 against the recommended 5w30 or 5w20 and their engines didn't grenade after years of use.
However, those people may not report if and when their engines quit. So it's up to you.

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by alfa0: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
9icetoo:
Seems cyber peace has been terminated.
Smartchoiice seems to be away.
Oya na. Let the games begin. cheesy
OP, if you seek better protection (what against, I do not know) and you seem to think 5w40 will offer you that, then by all the pistons and rings in your car, do so.
At least I am sure you will lose a few mpg, the other consequence(s) if any is what I am not sure of.
Been to other car forums where people have run 5w40 against the recommended 5w30 or 5w20 and their engines didn't grenade after years of use.
However, those people may not report if and when their engines quit. So it's up to you.

Thank you.

My engine is in top shape. By my judgement.
It's my wish to switch to 5w 40 because i want my engine to run smoother, more quite and more lubricanted and am very sure it won't degrade the performance of my engine as well.

What am not too sure is the product to use.
Though I am leaning towards Total hence my question here.
1 or 2 persons here have given their reviews on Total which is not bad nor far from what others said outside this forum.

I follow my services religiously,so am very sure my engine will still be in top shape of years.

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by radautoworks: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
alfa0:

Thank you.

My engine is in top shape. By my judgement.
It's my wish to switch to 5w 40 because i want my engine to run smoother, more quite and more lubricanted and am very sure it won't degrade the performance of my engine as well.

What am not too sure is the product to use.
Though I am leaning towards Total hence my question here.
1 or 2 persons here have given their reviews on Total which is not bad nor far from what others said outside this forum.

I follow my services religiously,so am very sure my engine will still be in top shape of years.

Enough! Stick to your current oil.

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by alfa0: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2019
radautoworks:

Enough! Stick to your current oil.

Ok,ma.
Please why did you advice ,so

Thank you.
Re: Total 5w40 Oil by radautoworks: 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
alfa0:

Ok,ma.
Please why did you advice ,so

Thank you.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or is it cost that is your problem?

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by alfa0: 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2019
radautoworks:

Ok.i get the angle you are coming from.
Thank you.

NB: Total is not cheap. It's sold for 15k for 5liters.
My engine needs 6liters,which is 18k approx.
Still on same page with Mobile.

Thank you once again

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by EgunMogaji2: 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
radautoworks:

I actually subscribe to this.

Only reason I switched from Total to Forte is by insistence of my Kazeem. He’ll not offer guarantee on my engine rebuild unless I switch to Forte.

Doing the first post rebuild change today.

Edit: The rebuild was on a 1984 Subaru that a mechanic dropped a nut into the intake grin

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by dru23(m): 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Only reason I switched from Total to Forte is by insistence of my Kazeem. He’ll not offer guarantee on my engine rebuild unless I switch to Forte.

Baba you are rebuilding engine? Me I can't never rebuild any engine o. . Unless I can get the rebuilt kit from the USA.. ..which can be very expensive, so in essence if you are rebuilding you need to get the full rebuild kit. ..there is no point doing a job half done or half bake.. Also 80% of rebuild in Nigeria will not last up to 1 year. This is due to fake parts and mechanics that are not competent enough to do the job right.. Unless you want sit down and baby sit the mechanic as he is doing the work. Or better yet unless you want do the rebuilt yourself.. Even if decide to rebuild it yourself.. How much of experince do you have? When was the last time you rebuild an engine, and how long did the engine last... If you can truly answer this questions truthfully , than you can go ahead and do the rebuilt yourself.
But on a wiser note ,baba it is better you take that your 4runner drive down to Ladipo and buy new engine .. We have competent mechanics that will help you pick a good engine at ladipo.. They will even help you load am inside your 4runner. And than back to Ibadan you go , am sure there at least 1 or 2 mechanic in the whole of Ibadan than can help you with the new engine.. Since you are now using Forte oil , I dont want you to go on a suicide mission with these ur project o .. .. You lived in America (allegedly ) for long time.. Let us use what we learn overseas to better ourselves and teach new skills to people around us..

PS.. This is not shading you sir, just want to offer my two cents
Re: Total 5w40 Oil by dannybrasky(m): 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

with the odeku sitting beside the oil,surely the gods have been appeased. The task is already a success grin

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

All of us are in the game of training and sponsoring Kazeems to advocate our engine oil.
Re: Total 5w40 Oil by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10548025_dfc2f2a3e88842e9b49ea9c24ecd6a02_jpeg_jpeg0062fc5040a7f69c6d37331417be41da

And here we have egunmogaji killing two birds with one stone. Engine oil for the car, engine oil for the body. It’s all good

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by EgunMogaji2: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
dannybrasky:
with the odeku sitting beside the oil,surely the gods have been appeased. The task is already a success grin

For sure. Dragged a magnet through the drained oil and no nasty bits picked up.
Re: Total 5w40 Oil by EgunMogaji2: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2019
ornicus:

All of us are in the game of training and sponsoring Kazeems to advocate our engine oil.

Well, the engine I rebuilt was a three cylinder motor in my Subaru Libero. A nut mistakenly fell into the intake.

I was going to scrap the engine and go with a Nissan SR20 but he wanted to show me that Nigerians too can rebuild an engine. So I let him have a go. I’ve put on about 1,000 miles and I couldn’t be happier.

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Well, the engine I rebuilt was a three cylinder motor in my Subaru Libero. A nut mistakenly fell into the intake.

I was going to scrap the engine and go with a Nissan SR20 but he wanted to show me that Nigerians too can rebuild an engine. So I let him have a go. I’ve put on about 1,000 miles and I couldn’t be happier.

Naw. What I mean is I used to be in one of the downstream majors. We all have programs where we sponsor Kazeems and train them so they go out and become evangelists for our ‘superior’ oil. Your Kazeem has been trained by forte. It could have been Oando or conoil super, or total

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by legalwealth(m): 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2019
Iffa hear pim from any troll ehn! !!
Re: Total 5w40 Oil by EgunMogaji2: 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
ornicus:

Naw. What I mean is I used to be in one of the downstream majors. We all have programs where we sponsor Kazeems and train them so they go out and become evangelists for our ‘superior’ oil. Your Kazeem has been trained by forte. It could have been Oando or conoil super, or total

You’re correct Sir.

I personally witnessed a Mobil oil training seminar for Kazeems at Oke Ado in Ibadan. This was two months ago.
Re: Total 5w40 Oil by dannybrasky(m): 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

For sure. Dragged a magnet through the drained oil and no nasty bits picked up.

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by radautoworks: 6:55am On Nov 12, 2019
dru23:

Baba you are rebuilding engine? Me I can't never rebuild any engine o. . Unless I can get the rebuilt kit from the USA.. ..which can be very expensive, so in essence if you are rebuilding you need to get the full rebuild kit. ..there is no point doing a job half done or half bake.. Also 80% of rebuild in Nigeria will not last up to 1 year. This is due to fake parts and mechanics that are not competent enough to do the job right.. Unless you want sit down and baby sit the mechanic as he is doing the work. Or better yet unless you want do the rebuilt yourself.. Even if decide to rebuild it yourself.. How much of experince do you have? When was the last time you rebuild an engine, and how long did the engine last... If you can truly answer this questions truthfully , than you can go ahead and do the rebuilt yourself.
But on a wiser note ,baba it is better you take that your 4runner drive down to Ladipo and buy new engine .. We have competent mechanics that will help you pick a good engine at ladipo.. They will even help you load am inside your 4runner. And than back to Ibadan you go , am sure there at least 1 or 2 mechanic in the whole of Ibadan than can help you with the new engine.. Since you are now using Forte oil , I dont want you to go on a suicide mission with these ur project o .. .. You lived in America (allegedly ) for long time.. Let us use what we learn overseas to better ourselves and teach new skills to people around us..

PS.. This is not shading you sir, just want to offer my two cents

Dru, know when to be quiet.

PS: this is not shading you for real

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by dru23(m): 7:46am On Nov 12, 2019
radautoworks:

Dru, know when to be quiet.

PS: this is not shading you for real

Re: Total 5w40 Oil by radautoworks: 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2019

Fuel Save Pro : Does It Work Or Is It A Scam? / Benz C240; Nairalander Gurus Please Help! / Want To Discard Your Abandoned Vehicles?