Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network (1871 Views)

Which Is Better: S Or A Series Of Samsung? / The Galaxy A Series! / List Of Infinix Phones That Support 4G LTE Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by Adinije(f): 10:56am On Nov 09, 2019
I have searched the internet for too long and I can't get a comprehensive information on this topic. I know that there are other people who will want to know as well, which is why I created this thread.
Checking compatibility online sometimes isn't always reliable. I have seen a phone that show to have band 3 but still doesn't support Glo 4g. Which is why I need reviews from people that have first-hand experience.

So please, if you have a first hand experience on any of the A series, kindly share with us their model and the 4g network they supports.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by Adinije(f): 11:11am On Nov 09, 2019
Samsung galaxy A6 A600A

Glo 4g: Not supported
9 mobile 4g: Not supported
MTN 4g: Not supported
Airtel 4g: Supported
Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by Bossman(m): 11:36am On Nov 09, 2019
I have the A50. Specifically the A505G model for US/Latin America and it supports 4G from all the carriers in Naija including GLO. Using it in the USA n AT&T.

4G LTE LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 28, 66 Bands
Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by Adinije(f): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2019
Bossman:
I have the A50. Specifically the A505G model for US/Latin America and it supports 4G from all the carriers in Naija including GLO. Using it in the USA n AT&T.

4G LTE LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 28, 66 Bands
Thanks for your contributions, but I don't mean by 'quote' . I mean if you have inserted any of the sims in it and it works.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by iamoyindamola(m): 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2019
Adinije:
I have searched the internet for too long and I can't get a comprehensive information on this topic. I know that there are other people who will want to know as well, which is why I created this thread.
Checking compatibility online sometimes isn't always reliable. I have seen a phone that show to have band 3 but still doesn't support Glo 4g. Which is why I need reviews from people that have first-hand experience.

So please, if you have a first hand experience on any of the A series, kindly share with us their model and the 4g network they supports.

I use a70 with Glo SIM and it's shows 4g

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by Flytime: 12:09pm On Nov 09, 2019
Adinije:
Samsung galaxy A6 A600A

Glo 4g: Not supported
9 mobile 4g: Not supported
MTN 4g: Not supported
Airtel 4g: Supported
9mobile should be supported airtel and 9mobile use the same 4g band 3

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by Adinije(f): 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2019
Flytime:
9mobile should be supported airtel and 9mobile use the same 4g band 3
That is the essence of this thread. For some unknown reason, it didn't work. U can as well share your first-hand experience.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by iamoyindamola(m): 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
Adinije:
That is the essence of this thread. For some unknown reason, it didn't work. U can as well share your first-hand experience.
okay now I understand your question.
All A series have band 3 and support Airtel,Mtn and Glo 4g but I haven't tried 9mobile which should have too
Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by Adinije(f): 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2019
iamoyindamola:
okay now I understand your question.
All A series have band 3 and support Airtel,Mtn and Glo 4g but I haven't tried 9mobile which should have too
That is in quote. Some don't actually do. Someone mentioned somewhere that Glo 4g doesn't work on A30 yet glo the phone has band 3
Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by nomaison(m): 5:22am On Nov 10, 2019
I am using Galaxy A30. From the screenshot you can see that it supports 4G though I have not tried GLO and 9mpbile.

Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by Bossman(m): 6:16am On Nov 10, 2019
Yes. Had my GLO sim in it when I visited last month. 4G everywhere. Mostly on band 28 when I check via LTE discovery app. My MTN was in a different phone. LTE was 100% on band 3. I must say though, GLO LTE speeds are just so so. MTN had awesome LTE speeds that rival what I see here on AT&T.

Adinije:
Thanks for your contributions, but I don't mean by 'quote' . I mean if you have inserted any of the sims in it and it works.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by Adinije(f): 7:00am On Nov 10, 2019
Bossman:
Yes. Had my GLO sim in it when I visited last month. 4G everywhere. Mostly on band 28 when I check via LTE discovery app. My MTN was in a different phone. LTE was 100% on band 3. I must say though, GLO LTE speeds are just so so. MTN had awesome LTE speeds that rival what I see here on AT&T.

Wow, that's great. Exactly the kind of reviews I love to hear.
Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by Rexraph18(m): 6:49am On Dec 14, 2019
I dont know if this is one of the phones you intented by this post but I have used the galaxy a5 2017 and it supported 4G from glo (band 28) and all other major networks in Nigeria.
I specifically bought it for that sole reason; Glo 4G.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy A Series That Support 4g Network by AyoAladeInk: 10:05am On Dec 14, 2019
Well I m currently galaxy A7 it shows 4g when I am browsing with Etisalat but 3G when I am using MTN I haven't tried other networks sha.

(1) (Reply)

Did I Buy A Fake? / Thousands Flock To ‘AI JESUS’ For Gaming, and Relationship Advice / Which One To Buy Between Tecno Spark 20 Vs Redmi A2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.