Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc (27932 Views)

BREAKING: Reps’ Bill Finally Ends Disparity Between Bsc/hnd / Finally, No More Difference Between Bsc/hnd Graduates – FG Announces / Free Education Project Topics And Project Materials For Msc, Ma, Bsc, Hnd, Nce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by maestroferddi: 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2019
HND in present day labour market?

Continue!
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by Chuksmonika(m): 3:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
HND and Bsc are all the same thing to me,no difference at all...the main thing is have a skill to help your life with,ICT skills are the best

1 Like

Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by bolinjkezzy(m): 3:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
kayodesblog:
Definitely with more inquiries there will be more schools to this list that accepts Hnd for masters and even at a reasonable Tuition fee
As at present,there is not enough scholarship opportunities abroad for HND as it is for degree
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by Omolomo4eva(m): 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
9ce post,bt its high tym we began configurin ppls mindset towards entrepreneurship
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by socialmediaman: 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
bolinjkezzy:

As at present,there is not enough scholarship opportunities abroad for HND as it is for degree

Read this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/370346/what-hnd-equivalent-usa
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by AgentNairaland(f): 3:45pm On Nov 09, 2019
Stop Disturbing Yourself, HND And Bsc Can Never Be Equal.. Igimu Jina Sori

Nothing Dey Polytechnic, No Packaging, No Good Lectures And Lecturers

Polytechnic Is Like Advanced Secondary School
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by Throwback: 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
maestroferddi:
HND in present day labour market?

Continue!

In the same present day labour market, Nigerians with OND + HND + B.Sc, are discarding their higher qualifications to apply with only OND for Total Production Operators job, or applying with their HND for NLNG Production Operator job, despite currently holding jobs with their more superior qualifications with a life of penury.

Trust me, as long as you are working as a paid employee with your own Bachelor's degree outside of the oil industry, your economic status is poverty compared to those guys.

Or you want to claim not to have seen Bachelor's degree applicants on numerous job boards, also asking if they can also apply for the OND jobs that are advertised by some Oil companies?

So before you say what you do not know about opportunities in the present day labour market, learn to accept that every qualification has its own role to play in the overall design.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by Ekakamba: 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2019
grin grin grin
The nicca you quoted is still an undergraduate.
Throwback:

In the same present day labour market, Nigerians with OND + HND + B.Sc, are discarding their higher qualifications to apply with only OND for Total Production Operators job, or applying with HND for NLNG Production Operator job.

Trust me, as long as you are working as a paid employee with your own Bachelor's degree outside of the oil industry, your economic status is poverty compared to those guys.
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by edoairways: 4:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
paradigmshift:
don't put your hustle on certificate...
think outside the box.

i dn see many OND guys wey get money pass Bsc.
Hustle smart.

most big men u see for oil firm, most of em no get cert.

as long as you are in 9ja, fuckkkk cert, just know ur way..
Certificate is important on the long run. Think of the future because you wouldn't be in one place forever
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by yusman14(m): 4:03pm On Nov 09, 2019
BSC is ahead..
University students pass through alot of academics activities compared to poly students...
in poly, lecturers sell handouts and other materials that are not even up to 200pages per course in a semester...
Engineering here in OAU is very crazy..
only halliday(PHY101) textbook is like 2000+ pages and It was just for 100level..
Now in 200l we did engineering mechanics too and other engineering courses...mhen so bulky...
The D.E guys that joined us in 200l can't cope and they all made distinctions and upper credit in poly....na war to them...from UTME sef the difference is clear

University graduates are ahead of polytechnic graduates...
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by webngnews: 4:05pm On Nov 09, 2019
Oh
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by elbulk(m): 4:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
What is most important is charting a course for your life. The present MD of Zenith Bank is a graduate of Auchi Poly. What defines you is what you do with what you have. Even a masters degree doesn't mean your meal is assured.

4 Likes

Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by Ekakamba: 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
Typical 9ja (one man) mentality. grin

So because you read and studied with a textbook which has over 2k pages then boom!!! You automatically become better than someone who studied with a tutor note which is less than 200 pages?

Are you sure you are a university graduate at all? Because your basis for comparison seems vague, insignificant and inconsequential. grin

yusman14:
BSC is ahead..
University students pass through alot of academics activities compared to poly students...
in poly, lecturers sell handouts and other materials that are not even up to 200pages per course in a semester...
only halliday(PHY101) textbook is like 2000+ pages and It was just for 100level..
Now in 200l we did engineering mechanics too and other engineering courses...mhen so bulky...
The D.E guys that joined us in 200l can't cope and they all made distinctions and upper credit in poly....na war to them...from UTME sef the difference is clear

12 Likes

Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by ogawisdom(m): 4:14pm On Nov 09, 2019
HND should be scrapped n replaced with B. Tech

1 Like

Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by Throwback: 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
yusman14:
BSC is ahead..

Do you know that the best graduate ever in Civil Engineering in Unilag, was also the best HND Civil Engineering graduate in Yabatech some years prior?

He only went to Unilag to obtain a paper certificate at his leisure, while his mates were battling tooth and nail to catch-up with his shadow.

This was simply because it was an unfair competition. How do you pair someone who has had 2yr OND + 1yr or more of work experience + 2yr HND, who finished as the very best, and put him in a university classroom with those who have just completed 2yrs of scholarship and were all now together in 300 level?

I even wonder why that dude had to waste his time for another 3yrs (300, 400, 500 levels) to acquire a bachelor's degree, when he could have just proceeded to the UK with his HND and be rightly placed in a final year of a sound university education. Yet it would still have been unfair as he could have had other HND top-up students from UK or Ghana who only spent 3yrs post O'levels to acquire the same HND he had to spend 5yrs in Nigeria.

We really need to reconsider our education policy and the interplay between the different types of qualification.

If HND is so inferior, then why not make the years of scholarship inferior to the years required for a Bachelor's, like it is everywhere except Nigeria?

What have we benefitted by making our Nigerian B.Sc Computing/Computer Science a 5yr programme which hitherto was 4yrs?

Why spend 5yrs to study engineering in Nigeria when Ghana offers the same engineering as a 4yr course with the same WAEC O'levels written by both countries? Then you end up in a multinational oil firm working as an entry level engineer with your fellow WAEC Ghanaian who spent 1yr less than you to acquire the same Engineering degree in his country.

What are we hoping to achieve in relation to other countries in Africa and the world who spend less years of scholarship on the same course?

Is it that we have a national mental handicap that makes us slower to learning than Ghanaians or Kenyans or Britons?

7 Likes

Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by yusman14(m): 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ekakamba:
Typical 9ja (one man) mentality. grin

So because you read and studied with a textbook which has over 2k pages then boom!!! You automatically become better than someone who studied with a tutor note which is less than 200 pages?

Are you sure you are a university graduate at all? Because your basis for comparison seems vague, insignificant and inconsequential. grin

who big grammar elp??
I think you are a polytechnic graduate..rhnnnn sorry bro....

The fact is that poly students are lazy and not as hardworking as University students
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by paradigmshift(m): 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2019
edoairways:

Certificate is important on the long run. Think of the future because you wouldn't be in one place forever

we can always get certificate. just have money n u will get a cert.......
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by FlordFlorez(m): 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
Please guys, i need ur advice on this: I am an ND graduate of Rufus Giwa Poly. Studied Science Lab. Tech. and graduated with distinction. I want to obtain DE form next year to study Medical Lab. Science but people are confusing me, telling me it's not possible except in private unis. Please, i want to get this straight. I want to know from u guys if it's possible. UNN is the sch in mind cause it's in my state, Enugu. Thanks in advance.
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by Ekakamba: 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2019
yusman14:
who big grammar elp??
I think you are a polytechnic graduate..rhnnnn sorry bro....

The fact is that poly students are lazy and not as hardworking as University students

Where is the big grammar? grin tongue

I have just 3 certs nicca; FSLC, WAEC, and NECO. But I can proudly tell you that I may be at your level (financially) if not better.

Las las na because of money most of wuna dey go school.

NB: The NECO sef na 2 credit I get. So no upgrade me go HND level yet Mr. Degree.

4 Likes

Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by showafrica(m): 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2019
Osagyefo98:
I wonder who created this.

What has education practically achieved in this country?

I need to know?

Nothing oo bros... I pray fg convert all universities to companies
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by isoh(m): 4:26pm On Nov 09, 2019
Do post HND

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by PrincessGift(f): 4:29pm On Nov 09, 2019
roughdiamond:
Enough of all these certificate issues. With the current situation, certificates should be kept aside. Any certificate that can't pay one's bills is useless
sincerely, God bless u

1 Like

Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by yns4real: 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
kayodesblog:
Definitely with more inquiries there will be more schools to this list that accepts Hnd for masters and even at a reasonable Tuition fee

FUOYE also offers Top-Up Degree and HND conversion opportunities in affliction with Fed Poly, Ilaro

Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by yusman14(m): 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
Throwback:

Do you know that the best graduate ever in Civil Engineering in Unilag, was also the best HND Civil Engineering graduate in Yabatech some years prior?

He only went to Unilag to obtain a paper certificate at his leisure, while his mates were battling tooth and nail to catch-up with his shadow.

This was simply because it was an unfair competition. How do you pair someone who has had 2yr OND + 1yr or more of work experience + 2yr HND, who finished as the very best, and put him in a university classroom with those who have just completed 2yrs of scholarship and were all now together in 300 level?

I even wonder why that dude had to waste his time for another 3yrs (300, 400, 500 levels) to acquire a bachelor's degree, when he could have just proceeded to the UK with his HND and be rightly placed in a final year of a sound university education. Yet it would still have been unfair as he could have had other HND top-up students from UK or Ghana who only spent 3yrs post O'levels to acquire the same HND he had to spend 5yrs in Nigeria.

We really need to reconsider our education policy and the interplay between the different types of qualification.

If HND is so inferior, then why not make the years of scholarship inferior to the years required for a Bachelor's, like it is everywhere except Nigeria?

What have we benefitted by making our Nigerian B.Sc Computing/Computer Science a 5yr programme which hitherto was 4yrs?

Why spend 5yrs to study engineering in Nigeria when Ghana offers the same engineering as a 4yr course with the same WAEC O'levels written by both countries? Then you end up in a multinational oil firm working as an entry level engineer with your fellow WAEC Ghanaian who spent 1yr less than you to acquire the same Engineering degree in his country.

What are we hoping to achieve in relation to other countries in Africa and the world who spend less years of scholarship on the same course?

Is it that we have a national mental handicap that makes us slower to learning than Ghanaians or Kenyans or Britons?
yeah bro I understand..
we have polytechnic guys that are good..
The government is the main problem. .

I do have an indian friend on Facebook who is an expert in my field (mets and mat engineering)with a ND...he is a practicing engineer but receives more paycheck than his BSC counterpart because in west india BSC holder are just supervisor and they are not well paid unlike the technicians..

But reverse is the case year in Nigeria...
HND graduates have to show us that they can beat there University counterpart in all ramifications...
In my school no D.E guys can come and be the best graduating student,it has never happen and it will never happen...most of them are average...

I think the government is in the best position to put this decatomy off....

still an undergraduate though
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by yusman14(m): 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
Throwback:

yeah bro I understand..
we have polytechnic guys that are good..
The government is the main problem. .

I do have an indian friend on Facebook who is an expert in my field (mets and mat engineering)with a ND...he is a practicing engineer but receives more paycheck than his BSC counterpart because in west india BSC holder are just supervisor and they are not well paid unlike the technicians..

engineering is just 4years-BSC+MSE
and 3years-BSC in India.
that is after A levels
But reverse is the case here in Nigeria...
HND graduates have to show us that they can beat there University counterpart in all ramifications...
In my school no D.E guys can come and be the best graduating student,it has never happen and it will never happen...most of them are average...

I think the government is in the best position to put this decatomy off....

still an undergraduate though
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by yusman14(m): 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ekakamba:

Where is the big grammar? grin tongue

I have just 3 certs nicca; FSLC, WAEC, and NECO. But I can proudly tell you that I may be at your level (financially) if not better.

Las las na because of money most of wuna dey go school.

NB: The NECO sef na 2 credit I get. So no upgrade me go HND level yet Mr. Degree.
I am not in school because of money ,get that bro....
financially I am ok...but u cannot offer what I can offer I swear...
I am still an undergraduate oo....
I av skills that u cannot achieve in the next 20 years
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by lasmile(f): 5:01pm On Nov 09, 2019
For your HND to Bsc degree conversion program. Check my signature.
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by highbee02: 5:01pm On Nov 09, 2019
Throwback:
This is one of the issues that show how confused, clueless, and useless a country Nigeria is.

- Why do we have HND to be a 5yr programme post O'levels, while the superior general B.Sc/B.A is a 4yr programme post O'levels?

-Why is it that only the Nigerian HND requires 5yrs post O'levels to acquire?

UK HND is 3yrs post O'levels.
Ghana HND is 3yrs post O'levels.
Kenya Technical Diploma is 3yrs post O'levels.

None of the above countries, including UK that originated the HND, have the conflicts of superiority that exist in HND vs B.Sc/B.A.

That is because they are clearly defined and one act as a stepping stone to the other. The lesser qualification requires lower years of scholarship, while the superior qualification requires more years of scholarship.

But in Nigeria, you spend 5yrs to earn HND Accounting, but spend 4yrs to earn B.Sc Accounting.

A very confused education sector.

Point of correction, HND is 2 year program. Y did u include SIWES or IT and 2 year spent for ND?
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by officialfestus(m): 5:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
kiss
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by Throwback: 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
highbee02:

Point of correction, HND is 2 year program. Y did u include SIWES or IT and 2 year spent for ND?

Do you know the meaning of the phrase "post O'levels"?

After O'levels, how long does it take to earn HND (say Accounting)?

After O'levels, how long does it take to earn B.Sc (say Accounting)?

Is SIWES not also constituent in the 4yrs of a basic Bachelor's degree?
Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by maestroferddi: 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2019
Throwback:

In the same present day labour market, Nigerians with OND + HND + B.Sc, are discarding their higher qualifications to apply with only OND for Total Production Operators job, or applying with their HND for NLNG Production Operator job, despite currently holding jobs with their more superior qualifications with a life of penury.

Or you want to claim not to have seen Bachelor's degree applicants on numerous job boards, also asking if they can also apply for the OND jobs that are advertised by some Oil companies?

So before you say what you do not know about opportunities in the present day labour market, learn to accept that every qualification has its own role to play in the overall design.
I am afraid to state that your argument lacks critical thinking.

Do you need a PHD to deduce that an oil and gas job is an outlier when it comes to employment considerations?

In any case, opting to go for an OND job when the applicant boasts of a degree cannot help your case as what you have is a case of someone electing for under-employment as a survival strategy.

You should be talking about the career prospects of an HND and a degree holder starting out at the same time in this reference company of yours....

1 Like

Re: How To Make HND Equate Or Beat Bsc: HND Vs Bsc by momove4real25(f): 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
Chuksmonika:
HND and Bsc are all the same thing to me,no difference at all...the main thing is have a skill to help your life with,ICT skills are the best
not same thing if one works with state govt or Fed. With my hnd gvt placed me in Estate officer cadre but with my newly acquired B.tech i will chnge to proffesional cadre called Land Officer cadre. Level 8 estate officer n level 8 land officer earn same salary but seniority level Land officer na oga. When they call fr meetg or wana appoint director B.sc will be consider frst. Also hnd with pgd cant do phd without first degree

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Renames Federal University Ebonyi, Alex Ekwueme University / Adebimpe Daniells Graduates As The Overall Best In New Jersey University. Photos / Nasarawa Govt Orders Immediate Closure Of Public, Private Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.