Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Breaking: Corps Member In Katsina Gets Award For Returning Found Money - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Breaking: Corps Member In Katsina Gets Award For Returning Found Money (461 Views)

Female Corps Member In Shock As Her PPA Sold Before Her Arrival (photo) / Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina / 2 Corpers Die In Accident In Katsina (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Corps Member In Katsina Gets Award For Returning Found Money by UncommonReports(m): 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2019
The Officials of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Katsina Permanent Orientation Camp, Mani road, have honoured a certain female Corps Member for deliberately returning a disclosed sum of one thousand naira found at the camp ground.

The 2019 Batch C, Stream 1, Corps Member identified as Miss Momoh Charity a graduate of Accounting Education, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, said she found the money while retiring from the parade ground to her hostel.

In an interview with her, she narrated, "after the parade and orientation training on Thursday, November 7, on my way to the hostel to get some rest, I found a mint of one thousand naira (N1000). I knew that one of us in the camp must have misplaced it. As a good Samaritan, after picking up the currency. I took it to an NYSC official to whom I made a report. The official i met unknowingly to me turned out to be the State Coordinator of NYSC, Katsina State".

The State NYSC Coordinator, Alhaji Ahidjo Yahaya lauded Miss Momoh for demonstrating impeccable character, true chauvinism and exceedingly empathetic spirit.

While commending her for consciously proving to the world that we still have people with good conscience. Alhaji Yahaya said such actions that depict personal integrity and moral values should be appreciated. The Coordinator called on the rest Corps Members to emulate Corps Member Charity and imbibe her kind of character.

Presenting the virteous lady to other Corps Members at the camp ground, the National one year mandatory service officials honoured Momoh with the award of "Good Samaritan Of The Year, 2019". In addition to that, she was gifted with appetizing cash prizes from several camp heads as a way to encourage her and others to continue to imbibe such spirit.

Also speaking, the Camp PRO, Mr Obemeata Alex JP, used the opportunity to charge the Nigerian youths to shun all forms of unworthy actions, corruption and social vices, assuring them of reward for selfless service.

By Covenant Sunday

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Ppa / My Little Contribution / Guaranteed NYSC Direct Posting, Relocation, Redeployment And PPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.