Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina (31279 Views)

Two Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To NYSC Camp In Adamawa / 8 Prospective Corpers Survive Ghastly Accident On Their Way To Anambra (Photos) / 4 Prospective Corpers Die In Accident On Their Way To Katsina NYSC Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by Kazeem2222(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2020
Suspected kidnappers on Monday night abducted four Rufus Giwa Polytechnic graduates on their way to Zamfara State for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Orientation Camp, it was learnt on Tuesday.

The victims made up of three male and a female were kidnapped around Funtua in Katsina State at about 11:30pm by armed men who laid a siege to the road.

As a result of this action, security officials renewed their advice to commuters to avoid night travels especially in areas where there are security threats.

It was gathered that the victims and some of their school mates who were posted to Zamfara State were travelling on a chartered bus from Owo, Ondo State to the camp site ahead of yesterday’s opening of the orientation camp.

While some of the occupants were able to escape and hide in the surrounding bush, the kidnapped four were not fortunate as the armed men whisked them away.

It was gathered that one of the occupants, who escaped, contacted the parents of some of the victims to notify them of the incident.

She also went to the police station to incident it.

It was gathered that the kidnappers, who could only speak Hausa, have established contact with some relatives of the victims but there were hiccups because neither side had a translator.

“The graduated students chartered a bus from Owo to Zamfara State where they were posted for NYSC. The bus was to take them directly to the camp. Their families last heard from them around 4pm on Monday when they got to Zaria only for Tolu to call Tuesday morning that kidnappers attacked them and took four persons.

“No ransom has been demanded yet but the kidnappers have contacted some of the parents but because they were speaking Hausa, there wasn’t much communication.

“We are appealing to security agencies to rescue these children safely and the government has to direct NYSC to reconsider posting prospective corps members to areas their lives will be endangered,” said a source.

Police spokesman DCP Frank Mba said the Katsina State command had commenced a manhunt for the suspects with a view to rescue the victims unhurt.

He said: “It is true. Four of them were kidnapped around 11:30pm. The command has launched a manhunt for their captors in order to ensure their safe rescue. The command is making progress in its investigation and operation.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/prospective-corps-members-kidnapped-in-katsina/amp/

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by Yustash001(m): 10:22am On Mar 11, 2020
One cannot serve one's country in peace again...

29 Likes

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by wyzzhi: 10:41am On Mar 11, 2020
God please save your children

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by emoboy4u: 10:55am On Mar 11, 2020
see the website sef..

2 Likes

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by Officialgarri: 1:39pm On Mar 11, 2020
I remember sometimes back around 2011 or so, when the FG rolled out a contract running into billions of naira that CCTV be installed everywhere (or at least some strategic places). Only God and the looters (government and contractors) know how that contract went down the drain.

Fela said; Things don cost so contractor go but government stay. Ojukoroju stealing
I just dey look and laugh

I pray they are found in one piece

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by Kingpele(m): 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
angry this insecurity is getting out of hand, God please save your people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by jamalnation(m): 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
this is really bad
hmm na crime to go serve again
Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by dataking: 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
Yeye country
Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by BluntBoy(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
People have been warned to avoid night travels, but some people are just destined to be lost due to their stubbornness.

The security arms have warned about night travels in certain destinations, and corps members were especially warned. But, no, it is obviously very hard for some people to take simple instruction, even if their lives depended on it.

14 Likes

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by trendymarseey(f): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by jericco1(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
cry people that are on their way to serve this nonsense country

1 Like

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by obembet(f): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
Yustash001:
One cannot serve one's country in peace again...

Do u think this country care about u? My dear, if not for virus, I would have advice u to find ur way out of the country.

Virus enter country..m ur president never alter a word till date.. Well na scam sha

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by wellmax(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
11:30pm. Why travel that late.

Some people don't give priority to their safety

4 Likes

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by Bbbwings: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
K
Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by tegaville(m): 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
Not good...God help us
Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by YeeboMuslim: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
Damn
Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by wilemer: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
Kazeem1222:
Suspected kidnappers on Monday night abducted four Rufus Giwa Polytechnic graduates on their way to Zamfara State for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Orientation Camp, it was learnt on Tuesday.

The victims made up of three male and a female were kidnapped around Funtua in Katsina State at about 11:30pm by armed men who laid a siege to the road.
As a result of this action, security officials renewed their advice to commuters to avoid night travels especially in areas where there are security threats.

Prayers Up

2 Likes

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by socialmediaman: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by tophumble(m): 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
Ah
Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by LosC: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
Corpers should be allowed to camp in their respective states of origin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by eleojo23: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
I have always hated night journey and I hate it more now with terrorists on the highway

I'm sure they travelled that late because they were new to the state and probably didn't know where they were going.

For those travelling from down south to the north and vice versa, it's best to plan 2 days for the journey. If possible break the journey up, sleep over at a neighbouring state.

That's what I did during my time and I arrived at the orientation camp around 11.30 in the morning a day before camp officially opened. I had enough time to rest before everyone else came.
I hate unnecessary stress abeg.

35 Likes

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by Catabolism(m): 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
May God intervene so that they will come out alive and unscathed.As graduates please always ask questions about terrains you know nothing about and make adequate research before traveling.Most of the journeys to the north these days should be by air or broken down with a stop-over so as to arrive in the afternoon or in good time.Most of the banditry,insurgent and kidnap activities take place at sunset.You don't travel beyond 7pm especially along solitary and deserted corridors.The devil and his agents come out to party after this time till dawn.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by slickbak(m): 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
cryI hope for their safe and quick release.
Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by Foolishbuhari: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
Nysc! Nonsensical nonsense

As for the useless security people saying one should not travel by night, have they been able to curtail the kidnapping activities on the Abuja-kaduna and lokoja- Abuja roads which happens by day?

15 Likes

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by Fragility6: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
Na God go save corpers wey dey serve for north diz period. So much insecurity over there n security operatives dey relaxed

2 Likes

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
Lawlessness everywhere. It has never been this bad. Citizens paying dearly for the incompetence of our leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by YorubaKinging: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
This would've been a foreign story if only yoruba cities decided to seceed

3 Likes

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by UnitedNigeriaUN: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
The Header should be written as Four prospective Corpers kidnapped in President Buhari's Home .

Nigerians are going though a lot this times.
May God in His mercies continue to shield us. Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by neutralmind: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
NYSC has lost its relevance.

Let's tell ourselves the truth.

It should be scrapped and fresh graduates should me made to go through a mandatory orientation program in their respective states.

They should learn about history, business, and other life skills.

It should be done in every state. No need to travel

At the end each graduate should have access to a grant for business or post graduate education.

Like of you agree.

Share if you disagree

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by SILVERLINES: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
shocked

Nigeria is a fail nation

worst of all we have bubu sitting on top of the nation affairs

1 Like

Re: Four Prospective Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina by millionboi2: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
Security

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corper Uses Dancing As A Form Of Punishment For Her Student / NYSC: My First Encounter In South-East As A Corper / Burial Poster Of 24-Year-Old Benue Corper From Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.