Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,700 members, 7,827,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! (53696 Views)

My Son Is 30, Wofai Fada Is 38 - Taiwo Cole's Father / Kehinde Bankole And Her Twin Taiwo Bankole Wow In Matching Outfits / Meet Actress, Taiwo Aromokun, The Blonde Born Again Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by MoIbrahim: 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
OP thank you for bringing back the very old memories. And for letting me know about the NAS remix.

This ladies were a real hit back then.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Shedrachmessi(m): 7:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
R.I.P
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 09, 2019
Adeelijah17:

Good job you are doing. I love reading your posts and learned from it. please who sang this song that goes by this lyrics -- ewa wo ohun ife nse , Ema dalebi oo Ife ( don't blame him/her Love) . its a female artiste that sang it please I need the name and title please. I look forward to reading your reply

Wow...used to think I'm the only one who misses and still remembers this song. Was very small then but I really love that song...

I think ir should be one Igbo Lady that sang it. She also sang " okor mi ye ye o okor mi ye " duro timi ye o, ..ajo ale..okoe mi ye e e e o... Duro timi ye o

It should be one fair Igbo Lady sha..trying to remember her name. With low cut like that.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by naptu2: 7:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
Adeelijah17:

Good job you are doing. I love reading your posts and learned from it. please who sang this song that goes by this lyrics -- ewa wo ohun ife nse , Ema dalebi oo Ife ( don't blame him/her Love) . its a female artiste that sang it please I need the name and title please. I look forward to reading your reply

Jewessgratitude:

Wow...used to think I'm the only one who misses and still remembers this song. Was very small then but I really love that song...

I think ir should be one Igbo Lady that sang it. She also sang " okor mi ye ye o okor mi ye " duro timi ye o, ..ajo ale..okoe mi ye e e e o... Duro timi ye o

It should be one fair Igbo Lady sha..trying to remember her name. With low cut like that.

Stella Monye
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
naptu2:

Stella Monye

Yes God bless you. Stella Monye. Kai! Good old songs.

Let me download and go down memory lane jor.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by warrenweste(m): 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
awwwwwww cry may her soul rip sad
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Reptyle(m): 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
Adeelijah17:

I think that's a Stella Monye song.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by CioAngels(f): 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
The beautiful Lijadu sisters, black ebony, Kehinde, may God give you the heart to bear the loss of Taiwo. Taiwo, may you find peace in the hand of the Lord.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by mymadam(m): 8:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
Adeelijah17:

...SONG: "Oko Mi" / ARTISTE: "Stella Monye"

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by mymadam(m): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

..."STELLA MONYE"
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by chocboi78(m): 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
naptu2:

God bless u 4 dis track
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by steve6: 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2019
RIP !
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by omonuhabi(m): 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
mymadam:
...SONG: "Oko Mi" / ARTISTE: "Stella Monye"
to

She granted an interview recently on channels or Ait. She is still alive and sound. Her son had medical issues sometimes ago which weighed her down but I think she is fine now.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Olumyyde(m): 9:44pm On Nov 09, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:
Sonorous voice! They also sang the background song in Opa Aje.
Beautiful twins!
Wow!!!! U mean "etun bami n'oja yi o, oja aje, awa lo l'ojaa wa"? That song?
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by safarigirl(f): 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2019
kallmemrB:
Wow this is really amazing.. We hardly come across stories of true Icons... . This were the people who made Nigeria proud not the bunch of yeyebrities we have now

Rip to her
In 20 years, this bunch of yeyebrities will be said to have made Nigeria proud and we will call the popular acts from that time, useless.

Time passes, sounds change. No need to run down a generation of artistes to elevate another.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by sharone21(f): 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2019
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by MT: 10:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
How can i forget the sweetness of their golden voice. This is what we call EVERGREEN songs. RIP to Taiwo Lijadu!
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2019
mymadam:
..."STELLA MONYE"

Thanks dear.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by OShepherd: 10:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
naptu2:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/taiwo-lijadu-dies-in-us-at-71/
Hmmm! My best was "ERORA", songs about good virtues & humanity during my days as "Songito"- FedpolADO....

2 Likes

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Redman44(m): 11:22pm On Nov 09, 2019
It is Kehinde who died this morning in New York, USA. Taiwo Lijadu is still alive. Thanks.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by gidjah(m): 11:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
tommy589:

Beats we listened to growing up.never knew they were this old,Thought they left secondary school like early 70s. Rip

Thank you naptu for bringing back memories
hmm use to play thier song then on Daddys 'turn table way back I the early 80's(Daddy too been a lover of music who later dangerously I influenced me),"The Lijadu sisters)hoo!!never even knew they are still alive far away in the Sates, na wao!, that song album'Danger was great hit, let me recite some of the lines then ...danger, danger, danger ,dane, danger ,danger, Dane danger ,lost on !!dont wanna live my life in danger, danger, danger, .....cans till recall this few lines then way back!!I even thought they were from Benue state and a distant cousin of fela hmmmm!!!time flies oo!! May we all live a life that will leave a great mark on the sands of time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by gidjah(m): 11:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
Olumyyde:

Wow!!!! U mean "etun bami n'oja yi o, oja aje, awa lo l'ojaa wa"? That song?
hmmmmm yes o, they had a hit then on few of thier albums, you sef aff old bro,God go help us all.i am also trying to recall this song ' ever seen a virgin in the maternity ward ',... use to listen to those songs on our turn tables in the 80s.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by gidjah(m): 11:36pm On Nov 09, 2019
'Show me a virgin In maternity ward 'who still re members this song Nd any link abeg o!!those were part of my favourite way back before surface, whizzkid, Olamide and pssquare dabbled in to this scenes oo!!!
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Davoneskay(m): 12:12am On Nov 10, 2019
gidjah:
'Show me a virgin In maternity ward 'who still re members this song Nd any link abeg o!!those were part of my favourite way back before surface, whizzkid, Olamide and pssquare dabbled in to this scenes oo!!!

The closest I saw was that rendered by Bongos Ikwe. It's on Youtube.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 10, 2019
safarigirl:
In 20 years, this bunch of yeyebrities will be said to have made Nigeria proud and we will call the popular acts from that time, useless.

Time passes, sounds change. No need to run down a generation of artistes to elevate another.
really Zlatan, naira Marley, Mister Real, That Dumebi Guy, reminisce etc
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Le2money(m): 1:38am On Nov 10, 2019
Cox u were either still very young wen dey were still singing or still warming up in heaven trying to come into ur mums belly cheesy

realestniggah:
I don't know her.. But RIP
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by naptu2: 4:11am On Nov 10, 2019
kallmemrB:
Wow this is really amazing.. We hardly come across stories of true Icons... . This were the people who made Nigeria proud not the bunch of yeyebrities we have now

Rip to her

safarigirl:

kallmemrB:
really Zlatan, naira Marley, Mister Real, That Dumebi Guy, reminisce etc

She is absolutely right. People always say that singers from generations after them will not be remembered or that people will not be proud of them, but it’s not true. I remember having a discussion with a friend of mine in the mid-2000s and he said that the singers that were popular at that time would not be remembered (We were listening to classic songs in his car at the time). “Who will remember 2Face”, he asked. Now you tell me, won’t you say that African Queen is a classic that will be remembered for generations to come?

Every generation has singers that sing message music and every generation also has singers that perform party music. There are even singers that do both. Usually, people that want to condemn a generation will only focus on the party music of that generation and ignore the message music. You mentioned people like Naira Marley, but generations to come will also mention people like Teni. They will talk about her song, “Uyo Meyo” and ask why singers no longer sing songs that have a message.
https://blog.cowrywise.com/uyo-meyo-joy-at-your-pace-in-2019-674d8b9d4c6c

I’m old enough to remember a time when older people thought that Fela Anikulapo-Kuti was an embarrassment. He smoked Indian Hemp on stage, performed in his underwear, slept with many women and wasn’t afraid to talk about it and had very vulgar “Yabbis” sessions. People did not want their kids to go near Fela and his kids. Today virtually everybody is proud that Fela is a Nigerian.

People of generations after me are proud that Fela performed at Glastonbury Festival. They are proud that James Brown and Paul Mccartney came to watch him perform in Lagos, etc. They are proud that Sikiru Adepoju won a Grammy. People of the future might be proud that Wizkid sold out the 02 Arena and that he was nominated for a Grammy Award.

So, you see, she is quite correct.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 10, 2019
naptu2:

She is absolutely right. People always say that singers from generations after them will not be remembered or that people will not be proud of them, but it’s not true. I remember having a discussion with a friend of mine in the mid-2000s and he said that the singers that were popular at that time would not be remembered (We were listening to classic songs in his car at the time). “Who will remember 2Face”, he asked. Now you tell me, won’t you say that African Queen is a classic that will be remembered for generations to come?

Every generation has singers that sing message music and every generation also has singers that perform party music. There are even singers that do both. Usually, people that want to condemn a generation will only focus on the party music of that generation and ignore the message music. You mentioned people like Naira Marley, but generations to come will also mention people like Teni. They will talk about her song, “Uyo Meyo” and ask why singers no longer sing songs that have a message.
https://blog.cowrywise.com/uyo-meyo-joy-at-your-pace-in-2019-674d8b9d4c6c

I’m old enough to remember a time when older people thought that Fela Anikulapo-Kuti was an embarrassment. He smoked Indian Hemp on stage, performed in his underwear, slept with many women and wasn’t afraid to talk about it and had very vulgar “Yabbis” sessions. People did not want their kids to go near Fela and his kids. Today virtually everybody is proud that Fela is a Nigerian.

People of generations after me are proud that Fela performed at Glastonbury Festival. They are proud that James Brown and Paul Mccartney came to watch him perform in Lagos, etc. They are proud that Sikiru Adepoju won a Grammy. People of the future might be proud that Wizkid sold out the 02 Arena and that he was nominated for a Grammy Award.

So, you see, she is quite correct.
wow am truly convinced tho.. Thanks
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by TheRealMykel: 5:44am On Nov 10, 2019
RIP Taiwo Lijadu... Stumbled on Reincarnation on my cousin's laptop... It's still my best Song by the Lijadu twins... I had to go and scour YouTube to get more of their songs.
Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by naptu2: 7:00am On Nov 10, 2019
Ok, as promised, I'm going to post songs by the Sunshine Sisters.

Note that this is the Sunshine Sisters, not the Lijadu Sisters.

naptu2:
I wish I could find a video of them dancing.

These are the Sunshine Sisters. I don't know the exact year, but I think that this was in the very early 1980s when they were still very young.

They were more popular for their dance routines, but they also released a few albums.

They once danced for King Sunny Ade.

The Sunshine Sisters - How Did You Wake Up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cv3M2NyLcU

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Lijadu Is Dead!!! by naptu2: 7:03am On Nov 10, 2019
This song was obviously released in either 1984 or 1985, when they were much older. I really wish that you could see them dance to it.

It's about the War Against Indiscipline (W.A.I.).

The song is heavily influenced by Michael Jackson's Thriller.

The Sunshine Sisters of Africa - Nitori W.A.I.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPSZSArX784

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toolz Oniru-Demuren's Bikini Body On Vacation With Her Family (Photos) / Naira Marley In Prison Because He Couldn’t Find A “level 10 Officer” Surety / Meet 15 Unmarried Celebrity Dads In Nigeria + Their Baby Mamas (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.