Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng (35651 Views)

Emotional-baggage-and-luggage-every-native-must-drop-b / Excuses You Must Drop This Year / 7 Types Of Friends To Avoid If You Want To Succeed In 2018 - Topwritersden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Resivim: 10:14pm On Nov 09, 2019
A nice write- up
Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Bacteriologist(m): 10:15pm On Nov 09, 2019
What right do the older generation think they have to give the average Nigerian youth life advice after they ruined the country with negligence, incompetence, corruption and overreligiousness?

Was this the country our great grandfathers left for you? Now don't dare try to heap the blame on our mentality for a problem you all caused.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by mindful01: 10:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
All na lie

2 Likes

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Deejaygold(m): 10:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
EDUCATIVE
Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
No 2 and 5 is true.

If you are not talking money please be brief.
And salary is the money they pay you to forget your dreams.

1 Like

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by LZAA: 10:27pm On Nov 09, 2019
Can we please have more of these threads instead of ds ikeji regina bbn crap

2 Likes

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:29pm On Nov 09, 2019
U forgot to add telemundo
Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Hypocrit: 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2019
our youths also need to stop reading some of these so called motivational/inspirational books like, rich dad poor dad, don't go to school if you want to be rich, richest man in Babylon etc

is either they are archaic, don't fit into our society or not realizable in our age.

They are so much mix with so much lies that could appeal to public emotion and induce sales.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
Better a short enjoyable life than a long miserable life here on earth. Live on the fast lane, forget all these stories.

Whatever you wanna do, be the best at it, whether good or bad.

The joy of life is living, not just existing and hoping for a better day.

Get rich or die trying.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Sirseedorf(m): 10:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
Bravo, bravo @Op

This write-ups really made my day walahi.

Those of us that want to do business but no capitals, I pray we succeeded and meet our needs at the end by God's grace.

Those of us into corporate or employment work, I pray God lift us higher in our place of work...

3 Likes

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Pussywar(f): 10:53pm On Nov 09, 2019
Thermodynamics:

A woman is inferior to a man, I have nothing against women, but that's a fact.

The only thing a woman can do that a man cannot do is to get pregnant and give birth.

But there are tons of things a man can do that a woman cannot.

Don't get it twisted, I love women so much, they make the world interesting and fun to live in, without them, the world would be dry, I personally can't stay without a woman.

But

Men are superior to women, it's just a fact, that's just how life is.
Change this mindset.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by KanuSE: 11:00pm On Nov 09, 2019
Bacteriologist:
What right do the older generation think they have to give the average Nigerian youth life advice after they ruined the country with negligence, incompetence, corruption and overreligiousness?

Was this the country our great grandfathers left for you? Now don't dare try to heap the blame on our mentality for a problem you all caused.

Blame game don start. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by DameB(f): 11:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
Hypocrit:
our youths also need to stop reading some of these so called motivational/inspirational books like, rich dad poor dad, don't go to school if you want to be rich, richest man in Babylon etc

is either they are archaic, don't fit into our society or not realizable in our age.

They are so much mix with so much lies that could appeal to public emotion and induce sales.

Exactly a lot of those things don't work in our society.
For example the part about only using OPM (other people's money)... How many people have such opportunities in Nigeria. Or the real estate investment thingy to get concessions from govt

3 Likes

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Hypocrit: 11:43pm On Nov 09, 2019
DameB:

Exactly a lot of those things don't work in our society.
For example the part about only using OPM (other people's money)... How many people have such opportunities in Nigeria. Or the real estate investment thingy to get concessions from govt
this days u see some new graduates and penultimate students taking these books with them everywhere they went.

And at the end of the day, they fail to make anything out of them.

Some of these books so down graded small beginning and makes employees looks like slaves and paupers.

They fail to realize that everyone cannot be employer of labour, as employers can do without employees.

Their theories don't work in our part of the world, even in the developed world is hardly achievable in this age.

The OPM theory is so unrealizable in Nigeria, as people love to invest in an already running or prosperous business.

So many unrealizable theories in those books.
Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Saintly01(m): 11:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
The author of this piece is a master writer, very correct and apt points, sentence construction is so on point, choice of words were carefully done, I love to read great pieces. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by BotafogoJunior(m): 12:05am On Nov 10, 2019
Hypocrit:
Rich fraudsters, Olosho celebrities and unthruthful public speakers are mostly part of the cause.

Extravagant fraudulent living, unmodelled model, unrealistic speech are the reasons.
perfect!!!!!!
Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 10, 2019
Hypocrit:

The books you just mentioned (Rich Dad and Poor Dad and The Richest man in Babylon) are very good books. Get knowledge and find a way to make it fit into your present society/situation/age.

1 Like

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by BigBashiru: 1:17am On Nov 10, 2019
villagecraft:
If anyone sees a woman as inferior to men. He himself is inferior.

Men are inferior to women. Who does all the gun violence, kidnapping, and wanton criminality?
Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by nlPoster: 1:38am On Nov 10, 2019
Thermodynamics:

That's what you tell yourself, it doesnt make it true, but as long as it helps your self esteem. . .

The only thing a woman can do that a man cannot do is to get pregnant and give birth.

Ok.

And this is part of the inferiority?

I personally can't stay without a woman

And this makes you feel superior?
Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by nlPoster: 1:40am On Nov 10, 2019

Has there been any time Nigeria did not have problems?
Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Nobody: 2:57am On Nov 10, 2019
In life. Foundation is the most important thing. Once the foundation is faulty, everything does not work accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 3:22am On Nov 10, 2019
shut up abeg
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn

I feel you my nigggar from another mother
What an epistle but a nice article
Real niggarrrz read so i was able to read everything

But i must tell you my nigggar
You must do some real dope shit in this life for your money to grow like grass
Don't just go slow like injured snail or injured sloth. You must do shit
We want to roll with our ride( benz, Glk) now
Not three years later

Rick Ross: when you master the huzzle then you conquer the struggle

50cent: get rich or die while trying

Future: they got blood on the money but i will still count it

French Montana: school teaches us how to read but the street teaches us how to read between the lines

21savage: when your money is coming too slow you better think quick and do shit

Meek mill: lets do shit so that God can protect us from brokeness

Lilwayne: life is all about making dope money, pussy and weed

Young thug: if this rap game don't work am going to go into bank robbery

Migos: lets do shit so we won't stay broke for too long because brokeness is not of the lord

3 Likes

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by lymelyte(m): 3:32am On Nov 10, 2019
#Facts.. And the women know it.
Thermodynamics:

Don't get it twisted, I love women so much, they make the world interesting and fun to live in, without them, the world would be dry, I personally can't stay without a woman.

But

1 Like

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by CandidSeeker(m): 3:34am On Nov 10, 2019
Virus99:
Well, we are some young graduates and we have this tech startup and we looking for either Venture Capitalists or Angel Investors.

...Then, stop eating fools grin
Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Premiumwriter: 4:10am On Nov 10, 2019
Thermodynamics:

But

Thank you.

I was so happy to see this comment today. I think alot of us have so much embraced this saying from the west that most of us have forgotten who we truly are.

today, a man is no longer the head of the home. if you say that, you are not civilized. just so many social changes. its just so sad to even begin thinking about them
Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by nlPoster: 4:10am On Nov 10, 2019
Brighte:
In life. Foundation is the most important thing. Once the foundation is faulty, everything does not work accordingly.

That's true.

And I'd say about 99% are faulty, especially for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by nlPoster: 4:12am On Nov 10, 2019
Premiumwriter:
Thank you.

I was so happy to see this comment today. I think alot of us have so much embraced this saying from the west that most of us have forgotten who we truly are.

today, a man is no longer the head of the home. if you say that, you are not civilized. just so many social changes. its just so sad to even begin thinking about them

This is one of the faulty foundations in question.

Civilization is not something you should be badmouthing, moreso you are typing on the internet.

It's better to be a civilized barbarian than a mannerless exciter.
Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Premiumwriter: 4:16am On Nov 10, 2019
Hypocrit:

Yesterday, they were playing one song sang by a student in my compound.

its went like 'school na scam'

basically the same thing over and over again. surprisingly they all agreed with the singer.

school really is one of the best thing that has happened to me. i believe education is one of the greatest gift mankind has. i wonder the sudden hatred for school among nigerian youth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by sonature1: 4:28am On Nov 10, 2019
villagecraft:
If anyone sees a woman as inferior to men. He himself is inferior.

Most of our ladies are doing well, so it's good to encourage them to do even greater things.

With that being said, comparing them to guys is just irrational, to say the least.

Even women know that guys are miles ahead of them in everything. Stop the comparison because there's no basis for it.

By design, men and women are never meant to be equals...we just complement each other.

1 Like

Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by Nobody: 4:35am On Nov 10, 2019
The i am the man here. tongue
Re: 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng by ireneidiva(f): 5:06am On Nov 10, 2019
sonature1:

Most of our ladies are doing well, so it's good to encourage them to do even greater things.

With that being said, comparing them to guys is just irrational, to say the least.

Even women know that guys are miles ahead of them in everything. Stop the comparison because there's no basis for it.

By design, men and women are never meant to be equals...we just complement each other.
Men are miles from women in what exactly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Made You Cut Off Ties With Your Best Friend(s)? / Ways To Show Courtsey (pics) / The Person Called "VIRGO" (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.