Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:08 PM

Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim (35678 Views)

APC Campaigns For Tinubu, Akpabio In Essien Udim, Akwa Ibom State / Godswill Akpabio In Enugu For His Grand Mother-in-law's Burial / Crowd Welcome Godswill Akpabio In Akwa Ibom With Brooms (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by sammyj: 11:47am On Nov 10, 2019
grin This na highest level of setup to get him out of the Niger Delta ministry. PDP and SCAM are like 6 and half a dozen grin
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by Femijohn198: 11:50am On Nov 10, 2019
Mr Akpabio you better hold the seat of the minister very strong because opportunities comes but once,be contented with what you have.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by Sunnymatey(m): 11:56am On Nov 10, 2019
Akpabio should better tell lnec he's not interested in the re-run. Cus no amount of federal might can return him with that margin of lead.

Akwa lbom is a strong PDP stronghold and the youths there are so dugged. They dont give- in to intimidation from security agencies.

Remember how they were going from hotel to hotel arresting thugs imported into the state by some politicians.

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by prestige101: 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
Personally I like and approve of Akpabio as a leader but for him to CONSIDER leaving NDDC,because of a RERUN, I wouldn't dare that.
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by nobisgod: 12:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
Akpabio wins all, or loses both seats is non of my business. Winning the senatorial seat will not put money in my account or make Nigeria self sufficient in rice production before christmas. I just weep for the Waste of my state money in court.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by Charly68: 12:09pm On Nov 10, 2019
Only fools leave certainty for uncertainty..
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by senatordave1(m): 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2019
Sunnymatey:
Akpabio should better tell lnec he's not interested in the re-run. Cus no amount of federal might can return him with that margin of lead.

Akwa lbom is a strong PDP stronghold and the youths there are so dugged. They dont give- in to intimidation from security agencies.

Remember how they were going from hotel to hotel arresting thugs imported into the state by some politicians.
Essien udim is his lga,everybody there supports him.he is even more popular than chris in oruk anam
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
SocialJustice:
Akpabio should gift Ekpeyong the senatorial district. I see no issue here.

Overseeing NDDC makes Akpabio some sort of governor over 6 States, which is way more cooler than being the senator of 1 of 3 districts in a state.
.. You are so right. Akpabio will be a fool to resign as a minister inorder to recontest. The odds are against him considering the facts that the local government in question does not have up to the difference in votes casted already as registered voters and also considering the fact that voters turnout will be very low.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by backbone503(m): 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
Essien Udim (Akpabio's LGA) has a voting strenght of about 105,000 votes, of which Akpabio got about 65,000 (though the state INEC REC ordered its cancellation). If Akpabio wishes to prove a point (which I doubt though), he'll resign, go in for the re-run, defeat Chris and return to the senate.
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by ffo(m): 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
netpro:
With most PDP supporters urging Akpabio to resign as minister and contest, I will definitely insist Akpabio sit tight as minister and work for the whole of Niger Delta.

The fact remains that the cabals who have squandered the resources of NDDC wants Akpabio out of the Ministry.

Akpabio as minister will serve all of Niger Delta. Being a senator will only serve his constituency.
Was it the cabals that influenced the judgement in his favour?

1 Like

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by Awoo88: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
LabDNA:

He was the one who ran to court and the court ruled in his favour. Let him resign and contest.
you wicked. una no dey forgive were u from come

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by SocialJustice: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
.. You are so right. Akpabio will be a fool to resign as a minister inorder to recontest. The odds are against him considering the facts that the local government in question does not have up to the difference in votes casted already as registered voters and also considering the fact that voters turnout will be very low.
Even if he can win landslide, he should let it go. His current office is at par with principal officers of the Senate. You can't leave the cow you have to chase goat.

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by fergie001: 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2019
Charly68:
Only fools leave certainty for uncertainty..
Sometimes it works....Atiku did it in '99.....though it is way too risky.....
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2019
SocialJustice:
Even if he can win landslide, he should let it go. His current office is at par with principal officers of the Senate. You can't leave the cow you have to chase goat.
. I agree with you on this but you and I know that the registered votes stands at 23,060 which is still below the difference between him and his opponent. Let him not even put resignation into consideration or else he will lose on both sides. If this happens,both Akwaibom and the entire south south might loose out completely in the politics of Nigeria. Him being the minister for NDDC is a big plus for the zone in general.
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by Vic74real: 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2019
Akpabio is a very proud and egoistic person.he loves to be in power.Even if he re-contests for the Senate seat.what wld he be doing there when they have already shared all the juicy positions and committees? I would be very surprised if he takes the rather uncertain step to senate,against the exalted position that he presently occupies
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by saintokwuluora(m): 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
Akpabio will choose to remain Niger Delta Affairs minister, after all there is bigger and readily available money to divert and he is the one directly in charge.
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by PaChukwudi44(m): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2019
backbone503:
Essien Udim (Akpabio's LGA) has a voting strenght of about 105,000 votes, of which Akpabio got about 65,000 (though the state INEC REC ordered its cancellation). If Akpabio wishes to prove a point (which I doubt though), he'll resign, go in for the re-run, defeat Chris and return to the senate.

Did you add the registered voters in kano to that of essien udim? 105,000 no 65,000 ni

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by fergie001: 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
senatordave1:

Essien udim is his lga,everybody there supports him.he is even more popular than chris in oruk anam
Then he should resign and go nah.....buhari will keep his seat if he wins..... grin grin grin

Personally, I think he should go and prove a point....

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by BRASH: 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
bangbangall:
THE TALE.
Long-time ago in the Animal Kingdom, a sheep was passing and saw a lion crying inside a cage trapped and the lion begged the sheep to save him with a promise not to kill and eat it but the sheep refused. After much persuasion and for the sheep's gullibility it opened the cage for the lion.
Now the lion was very hungry having stayed in the cage for days without food. It quickly grabbed the sheep to kill and eat but the sheep reminded him of his promise. They were still there arguing when other animals came passing and they sought to know what happened. Both the lion and the sheep narrated their own side of the story but because of fear and in trying to gain Favour in the sight of the lion, all the animals took side with the lion except the Tortoise who claim not to understand the whole scenario.
Now the Tortoise asked the lion to show them where he was before the sheep rescued him, he pointed at the cage. He asked again, "were you inside or outside when the sheep arrived"? The lion said he was inside. The tortoise again said, "ok, enter let’s see how difficult it could be inside". The lion entered and the tortoise locked him back inside.
In amazement, the other animals asked tortoise "why" and he replied "if we allow him to eat the sheep today, he will still go hungry tomorrow and we don't know the next amongst us to be eaten tomorrow.
The Moral of this tale
*Don't support evil today because it doesn't affect you directly, tomorrow it could be your turn*
SHARE UNTIL IT GET TO THOSE SUPPORTED AND ARE STILL SUPPORTING EVIL, MOSTLY IN NIGERIA
.this is so apt. Especly in the current situation in nigeria
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Did you add the registered voters in kano to that of essien udim? 105,000 no 65,000 ni
.. You dey mind am?
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by udemzyudex(m): 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2019
netpro:
With most PDP supporters urging Akpabio to resign as minister and contest, I will definitely insist Akpabio sit tight as minister and work for the whole of Niger Delta.

The fact remains that the cabals who have squandered the resources of NDDC wants Akpabio out of the Ministry.

Akpabio as minister will serve all of Niger Delta. Being a senator will only serve his constituency.

Pls stop all this nonsense cabal talk ,is it the cabal that will tell him to resign?

When Nsima resign was it the cabal that told him to resign? Akpabio is not a kid ,he knows the best decision to take so stop gallivanting.
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by BRASH: 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2019
senatordave1:

. My friend u are not from akwa ibom. Stop saying what u dnt knw. Who told EVERYBODY loves him? do u knw how he manage to get the number of votes he got? do u knw that he went round snatching votes in pdp strong holds? do u knw that some of his brothers that used to work 4 him are still in pdp and they worked against him during the last election? people still love him, but we hate apc here and akpabio knws that. the only reason he got the vote he scored, was becos of the respect they had 4 him and allowd him to do what he did to win his lga. i have a first hand information. he never allowed pdp to vote in his unit. even prince his brother who is a commisioner under udom runs the street in essien udim. so its a sure win 4 pdp without federal might. we love akpabio, bt we hate apc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by senatordave1(m): 1:11pm On Nov 10, 2019
fergie001:

Then he should resign and go nah.....buhari will keep his seat if he wins..... grin grin grin

Personally, I think he should go and prove a point....
Its an easy decision.he should remain where he is.nothing will stop him in 2023
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by backbone503(m): 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

Sometimes, its good to keep mute and let people assume you're wise, than do otherwise, and eliminate all doubts.

As at 2006, NBS gave the population Essien Udim residents;15-64yrs at 113,492 and 65yrs+ at 6,836. And as at Jan. 2019, about 110,743 PVCs were collected in that LGA.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by fergie001: 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
senatordave1:

Its an easy decision.he should remain where he is.nothing will stop him in 2023
grin grin grin grin
Procrastination is the thief of time....

He should get it...wait for sometime, resign, send someone there, grin grin grin grin
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by senatordave1(m): 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

He is actually correct.i dont know why you are so worked up.by the time the inec lg by lg voters list come out,you will make your self scarce
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by eneyoduke(m): 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
He will always win in court than win in the field
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by senatordave1(m): 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2019
backbone503:

Sometimes, its good to keep mute and let people assume you're wise, than do otherwise, and eliminate all doubts.

As at 2006, NBS gave the population Essien Udim residents;15-64yrs at 113,492 and 65yrs+ at 6,836. And as at Jan. 2019, about 110,743 PVCs were collected in that LGA.
This is almost correct but you need to put your link.essien udim has about 200,000 people as of 2006.if the pvc is that number,what about total voters? Please arrange your info
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by PaChukwudi44(m): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
senatordave1:

He is actually correct.i dont know why you are so worked up.by the time the inec lg by lg voters list come out,you will make your self scarce
Akpabio has lost shikena!! 100,000 voters indeed.
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by udemzyudex(m): 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2019
senatordave1:

Everybody there abi? So all the registered voters will vote for him alone on that day.
Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by simplex2: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
Akpabio wont resign. His aim of joining APC and recontesting for Senate is with hopes of being the Senate president.
Now he can't be a senate president even if he manages to win, the national assembly is not as fascinating for him anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim by freeze001(f): 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2019
SocialJustice:
Akpabio should gift Ekpeyong the senatorial district. I see no issue here.

Overseeing NDDC makes Akpabio some sort of governor over 6 States, which is way more cooler than being the senator of 1 of 3 districts in a state.

NDDC covers 9 states and not 6.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Wike Takes Delivery Of Legacy 600 Aircraft From Germany (video) / Northeast APC Youths Declare War Against Shettima / Miyetti Allah Unveils Security Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.