Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? (11034 Views)

5 Factors To Consider When Choosing A Web Host Company / Domain Dish; The Perfect Web Host For You.(why Everyone Needs A Website) / How Can I Install Phpbb Forum Using My Web Host> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by 2016easy2017: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
pls which web host is it. kindly tell us so as to help teach others

Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
izzyboi:
Hello Webmasters

I tried to register another domain with my webhost, but it turned out it was already registered even though their site said it could be registered

So the issue is I was charged already, then they said there would be a refund but since over a month now, they haven't done that

They just keep posting me and now they've stopped replying completely!

Please what can I do
I registered a domain(OnlinejobsinAmerica .com) on "1 and 1 .com." suddenly, the domain disappeared from my account. I emailed customer services. They promised me a refund which I got within 48 hours!
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Truflame: 1:51pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hmm! IT world

Buy newly harvested unprocessed beniseed or sesame this season from me.

Mobile: Zero Eight Zero Six Nine Four Eight Four Two Nine Two.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by bedfordng(m): 1:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
hmmmm
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2019
Burn your laptop

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by FindingNigeria: 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2019
Sanchez01:

Unfortunately, you can't. However, you can do a review of your experience on your own blog with proofs and screenshots, label them as a scam post and leave permanently on your blog. You'd be surprised the level of damage the said post will do later.

Meanwhile, ensure you have migrated before your works disappear without a trace.

Negative review about a host on a site that is being hosted by the bad host?

No let them take down your site. Remember your host has your files.

Best option is to stalk them on social media.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by godwon01(m): 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
Can somebody tell me if there is any financial gain by contributing on some topics in Nairaland and U get like dots.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by viktor88: 2:07pm On Nov 10, 2019
That's why I advice people to buy things online with PayPal, once the deal goes bad just charge back and get back your money.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Wunmiiitech: 2:19pm On Nov 10, 2019
yomalex:
1. Maybe it's time to move to a better one.
2. If they are on twitter, tag them with your complaint.
3. If you paid with your credit/debit card ask your bank to reverse transaction.

You should backup your site before doing any of the above

I design websites @ affordable prices.
how do you reverse transfer transaction?
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by yomalex(m): 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2019
Wunmiiitech:

how do you reverse transfer transaction?
go to the bank with proof that you didn't receive service.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by yomalex(m): 2:29pm On Nov 10, 2019
justbusy:
I registered a domain(OnlinejobsinAmerica .com) on "1 and 1 .com." suddenly, the domain disappeared from my account. I emailed customer services. They promised me a refund which I got within 48 hours!
that domain is a premium one.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Sanchez01: 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
samuelson06:

This can only happen when you patronize cheap Nigeria hosting company.
I use a Nigerian host and this is my third year or so with the provider. I get massive support and my site barely goes down. The last time it did, they explained that they had issues at their data center. Trust me, there are incredible Nigerian web hosting companies and the one I use is superb!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Sanchez01: 2:41pm On Nov 10, 2019
FindingNigeria:

Negative review about a host on a site that is being hosted by the bad host?

No let them take down your site. Remember your host has your files.

Best option is to stalk them on social media.
I mentioned that he should migrate first before doing that. Stalk them and look like a psycho? On top of how much??
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Sanchez01: 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2019
Kapilta:
what if he doesn't have much visitors on his website or he prolly have clowns as visitor who doesn't give a f**k about reviews and all?
You don't need traffic to destroy a brand. All it takes is for one or two persons to see a bad review of a service and form their opinion from their. TrustPilot is the go to place for quality and service reviews because they are done on experience and you need to see how brands respond to almost all allegations leveled against them just because they know what is at stake.

I think the best way is if the host operate a blog or keep a community of users, then he can deastroy them better there. Even if they'd be deleting most of his comments/posts buh many would have seen the messages except they'd moderate posts/comments before making it visible and i'm sure an hosting company wouldn't have such time.
Doing this might make him look like a fierce competitor whose only interest is in bringing the business of others down.

Anyway op, if you have proof of payment, visit their office and threaten to go legal so you can get back your money after then you can deal with them by writing the right perfect review about their company.
What then happens if they don't have an office?
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by LionInZion: 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2019
Sanchez01:

I use a Nigerian host and this is my third year or so with the provider. I get massive support and my site barely goes down. The last time it did, they explained that they had issues at their data center. Trust me, there are incredible Nigerian web hosting companies and the one I use is superb!

Can you please drop their name here. Thanks
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by DaddyMorenike: 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2019
Report to efcc
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2019
yomalex:
1. Maybe it's time to move to a better one.
2. If they are on twitter, tag them with your complaint.
3. If you paid with your credit/debit card ask your bank to reverse transaction.

You should backup your site before doing any of the above

I design websites @ affordable prices.
what does it cost to design an online shopping site for me?
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by yomalex(m): 3:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
Keepem:
what does it cost to design an online shopping site for me?
let's talk details on WhatsApp https:///2348097345104
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by VULCAN(m): 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
Why are Nigerians so cowardly like this? If you mention the host will they send DSS after you?
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by xperiencelove(m): 3:31pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hope it is not web4africa? It is the most useless webhost I have ever used. I pray you won't be their victim.
They are so dubious to the extent that they intentionally deactivated their live chat and responds to ticket whenever they like. A ticket may not get a response for 3 good days.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Legendguru: 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hmmmm many are like that I had bad experience on qserver too
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Jacktheripper: 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2019
Sanchez01:

Name?
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by introvertme: 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2019
justbusy:

I think they took your domain to sell.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
What's wrong with people in this country. Can you just mention the name already so other Techies can avoid them
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by NiGHTMARECLICK: 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2019
yomalex:

Is it possible for bank to reverse a cash Transfer because someone just scammed me on Whatsapp and I don't know how to recover my cash
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Sanchez01: 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
LionInZion:

Can you please drop their name here. Thanks
Jacktheripper:

Name?
Trudigits.

trudigits.com
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by izzyboi(m): 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2019
Thank you everyone for suggestions

Modified
For those asking, the WebHost is Hub8 and they have refunded me now thanks to this thread
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Maxxim: 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2019
Sanchez01:

Please can you mention some of them?
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by Grace2007: 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
Location pls
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by promisedeco(m): 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
I bought a domain from web4africa and also hosted it there. After the payment the status was pending so I had to open a ticket.
They replied and said that the domain is no longer available (even though it was when I paid) and that I will be refunded. I have not heard from them since then. Have sent messages but no replies. What should I do?
Re: How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? by promisedeco(m): 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
xperiencelove:
Hope it is not web4africa? It is the most useless webhost I have ever used. I pray you won't be their victim.
They are so dubious to the extent that they intentionally deactivated their live chat and responds to ticket whenever they like. A ticket may not get a response for 3 good days.
I'm having seriou headache now because of them. My client needs her work delivered tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Buy And Sell Bitcoins, Converts Gift Cards To Instant Cash In Bank / List Of Dedicated Servers Hosting Pick Any That Suits Your Project Cheap Prices. / What Is Search Engine Marketing (sem)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.