Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,427 members, 7,850,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths (40973 Views)

Ugwoezuonu Ogechi Bags N21m Scholarship For Scoring 100% In Maths Competition / 1st Class in Maths: Maniru Ibrahim Gets N9.2bn Scholarship For PhD In Ireland / Chika Ofili's Mathematics Test: The Formula Of The 12-Year-Old Nigerian Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Kennyswagz2: 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
Were is the formula?
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Donjazzy12(m): 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
Pmtvng:
12 Yr Old Nigerian Boy Gifted Special Recognition Award in Uk for his New Discovery in mathematics.

12years Old Nigerian Boy Based In The UK Chika Ofili Presented With A Special Recognition Award For Making A New Discovery In Maths, The Little Mathematician Just Discovered A New Formular For Divisibility In Maths, Praiznews report.

Wow !!!

News Source ; http://www.praizenews.com/12-yr-old-nigerian-boy-gifted-special-recognition-award-in-uk-for-his-new-discovery-in-mathematics/

The boy looks like mathematics!
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Antivirus92(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Ok but he's not a Nigerian. He only has Nigerian background but that doesn't make him a Nigerian. He is British.
see how bitter u can be...
na ur type dey give poison for village ,
igbo amaka

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by sangresan(m): 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
Pmtvng:
12 Yr Old Nigerian Boy Gifted Special Recognition Award in Uk for his New Discovery in mathematics.

12years Old Nigerian Boy Based In The UK Chika Ofili Presented With A Special Recognition Award For Making A New Discovery In Maths, The Little Mathematician Just Discovered A New Formular For Divisibility In Maths, Praiznews report.

Wow !!!

News Source ; http://www.praizenews.com/12-yr-old-nigerian-boy-gifted-special-recognition-award-in-uk-for-his-new-discovery-in-mathematics/

Continue to fool yourself...New formula ko, new mathematical law ni.....

Most of those who see this as a big deal are those who don't know much about Mathematics...This is high school maths and 7 has many divisibility rules. This particular one has already been written about by many number theorists....I'm surprised that the UK school found it strange that 7 has a divisibility rule...It's either they don't have a good maths teacher or he/she forgot to check mathematics textbooks.

Well, UK is no longer among the best countries in Mathematics education.

Kudos to the young boy, anyways...
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Realfrankie(m): 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
Good for him

Me I hate maths with my body and soul
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by tartar9(m): 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2019
New discovery my butt
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Kennyswagz2: 3:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
For the last time were is the formulagringrin
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by GalaticHorde: 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2019
He's brilliant, at that age I was very good at what I was thought, I didn't even think of adding to knowledge until uni, so yes, the boy is very good and Nigeria's education system is also a stumbling block to creative minds

Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by GalaticHorde: 5:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
tartar9:
New discovery my butt
yes your butt, and your phallus and your grey matter too

Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:

The boy is young and an achiever.

Why not strive for your own instead of praise-singing at 40 years old ?

He wouldn't share £1 of his prize with you, you know...work for yours. CIAO

Am 17 nigga

Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 11, 2019
Why are afonjas saying "... It's impossible for a 12-year old to do that..."?

Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by NwaIgboBoy(m): 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2019
buh had it been in Nigeria he would have been flogged for trying to prove his maths teacher wrung.
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by paix(m): 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2019
Mrshape:
Congratulations.
Can you please show us the new formula I would love to learn if.
Their is love in sharing.
If it were Nigeria he can't be recognized unless he sing music or do debasing things

Or the maths teacher will tell him if you don't use the method I taught you, you will fail

Just watch if this trend will be more than 4pages
The method that the teacher used in his/her secondary school days.
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Anambralstson: 1:27pm On Nov 12, 2019
Mrshape:
Congratulations.
Can you please show us the new formula I would love to learn if.
Their is love in sharing.
If it were Nigeria he can't be recognized unless he sing music or do debasing things

Or the maths teacher will tell him if you don't use the method I taught you, you will fail

Just watch if this trend will be more than 4pages

Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Anambralstson: 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2019
Kennyswagz2:
Were is the formula?
If care isn't taken you will commit suicide for Igbo matter

Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Anambralstson: 1:37pm On Nov 12, 2019
[s]
KingAzubuike:
These bloggers Sha.. There is no verification anywhere that he discovered anything and from his dad's Facebook page, he just happened to be among other students rewarded for their good performance in mathematics which itself isn't even verified too coz the inscription on the award says differently "leadership hero award" which I wonder how it correlates to mathematical discoveries. lol new discovery in mathematics. What does a 12 year old boy know wey he wan dey discover something. Same way they carry unverified news that a Nigerian went to UK and graduated with a first class etc.
[/s]
Bitter Conehead
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Mrshape: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2019
[quote author=Anambralstson post=83959397][/quote]
That is a great number theory and pattern, I am seeing more than division here, it can be use to make great engineering design in nuclear, civil, mechanical and biological processes,
Even in AI and machine learning, great pattern I see there
The boy his a great Archiver
Thanks for sharing the formula.

And last shame to that user that said what does a Small boy know to invent something in maths.
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Kennyswagz2: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2019
Anambralstson:

If care isn't taken you will commit suicide for Igbo matter
what nonsense is this?
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Cherez: 5:55am On Nov 13, 2019
Kennyswagz2:
For the last time were is the formulagringrin
Read naaaaa
Na small boy do am ooo and you couldnt take time to learn?
I did, here it is;
Multiply the last digit by 5 and add the product to the no formed by physically removing the last digit from the complete parent no.
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Kennyswagz2: 8:03am On Nov 13, 2019
Cherez:

Read naaaaa
Na small boy do am ooo and you couldnt take time to learn?
I did, here it is;
Multiply the last digit by 5 and add the product to the no formed by physically removing the last digit from the complete parent no.
ok
Re: 12-Year-Old Chika Ofili Awarded In UK For His New Discovery In Maths by Cuterboy(m): 12:52pm On May 10, 2020
sangresan:

Continue to fool yourself...New formula ko, new mathematical law ni.....

Most of those who see this as a big deal are those who don't know much about Mathematics...This is high school maths and 7 has many divisibility rules. This particular one has already been written about by many number theorists....I'm surprised that the UK school found it strange that 7 has a divisibility rule...It's either they don't have a good maths teacher or he/she forgot to check mathematics textbooks.

Well, UK is no longer among the best countries in Mathematics education.

Kudos to the young boy, anyways...
Nigerians will make anybody proud anywhere mhen!
I found this question on rules of divisibility particularly helpful and self explanatory:
http://9jababa.com/junior-mathematics-where-are-the-maths-gurus/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILORIN Lecturer, Dr. Rahmat Zakariya: How I Survived The Attack By My Student / 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US / History Produces First Class In University Of Calabar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.