Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) (784 Views)

Pathetic Story Of Akwa Ibom Community Where Residents Drink From A Fish Pond / No Social Distancing At Access Bank Branch In Oyo State. / Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by CuteBidemi(m): 5:24am On Nov 11, 2019
Several communities in Oyo state are currently suffering and lamenting their inaccessibility to potable water, among which are Agele and Mogba villages.

Members of the villages currently fetch water from a dirty stream, which according to the residents, is often contaminated by Fulani herdsmen and their cows.

The community leaders and people are appealing for intervention.

RURAL NURTURE INITIATIVE visited the towns and the situation can only be described as TERRIBLE, especially during dry season.

Therefore, the group plans to dig 2 Wells in different locations that will serve the members of Agele, Mogba and their neigbouring villages.

The group is calling on every individual to help and make a token donation to aid the intervention.
All payment/donation for the Water intervention should be made into the account below:

Rural Nurture Initiative
Fidelity Bank

Pictures below:

You can visit RNI websites for more pictures here

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3gwT9JlYrU/?igshid=1ulr7q1lseis

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ruralnurtureinitiative

Instagram: www.instagram.com/ruralnurtureinitiative

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ruralnurture

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by mfm04622: 6:03am On Nov 11, 2019
Which kind of thing is this? So we must wait for Government to do all things for us? The whole community cannot contribute money to dig just one well that will serve them? Kai!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by tomisin107: 6:40am On Nov 11, 2019
I'm convinced that that the Nigerian mind is awesome. Thank you (RNI) for these interventions.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by CuteBidemi(m): 7:24am On Nov 11, 2019
tomisin107:
I'm convinced that that the Nigerian mind is awesome. Thank you (RNI) for these interventions.

Together we can help everybody, one at a time

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by CuteBidemi(m): 7:26am On Nov 11, 2019
mfm04622:
Which kind of thing is this? So we must wait for Government to do all things for us? The whole community cannot contribute money to dig just one well that will serve them? Kai!!!

That's what u think... If you visit the community, you will be able to judge better.

They have tried every possible means to get a well with water but to no avail.

Do you think a group of people will just start drinking from a dirty stream without making effort to get a better source of water?

Think about it

1 Like

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by oluwadharmeey1: 7:30am On Nov 11, 2019
mfm04622:

Definitely we mustn't wait for the Government to do all thngs for us but at the same time, contributing money in remote villages where most villagers live in chronic poverty isn't feasible. Even if they do, it's going to take a long while to complete the money.

I've been to those villages myself and they are willing to contribute their token and manpower towards the project.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by ctleurocollege: 8:10am On Nov 11, 2019
People should use clean white cloth to filter the water instead of drinking it like this las las dig well beside it. We Blacks are too dull

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by ctleurocollege: 8:16am On Nov 11, 2019
CuteBidemi:

That's what u think... If you visit the community, you will be able to judge better.

They have tried every possible means to get a well with water but to no avail.

Do you think a group of people will just start drinking from a dirty stream without making effort to get a better source of water?

Think about it

They lack sense bro. If they use clean cloth to filter then boil to boiling point before drinking, won't it be better? also we have high rainfall in this country, which they can build local reservoir and store it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by CuteBidemi(m): 8:58am On Nov 11, 2019
oluwadharmeey1:

Definitely we mustn't wait for the Government to do all thngs for us but at the same time, contributing money in remote villages where most villagers live in chronic poverty isn't feasible. Even if they do, it's going to take a long while to complete the money.

I've been to those villages myself and they are willing to contribute their token and manpower towards the project.

Good move
Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by CuteBidemi(m): 9:00am On Nov 11, 2019
ctleurocollege:

They lack sense bro. If they use clean cloth to filter then boil to boiling point before drinking, won't it be better? also we have high rainfall in this country, which they can build local reservoir and store it.

Should u insult cos u know better?

Perhaps u visit the villages... So, how many local reservoirs do we have and how sustaining are they.

Where will they build it and what's d cost? These are villages, not even towns.

Be calm my brother
Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by CuteBidemi(m): 9:00am On Nov 11, 2019
ctleurocollege:
People should use clean white cloth to filter the water instead of drinking it like this las las dig well beside it. We Blacks are too dull

Does cloth sieve out germs too?
Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by adeleyejohnife: 9:06am On Nov 11, 2019
I have been seeing the activities of RNI on Instagram Facebook and Twitter. I must confess, they're really doing great work. For me i believe this initiative needs the people's support to carry out their intended plans. Let us join hands to fund this projects. There is great power in the strength of many. Hands joined to joined and vision(s) become(s) reality.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by adeleyejohnife: 9:13am On Nov 11, 2019
No we can't wait for the government to do everything. It will quick stalling for years. Or better still the people at the helm of that affair will quick spending the allotted fund. So we the people can't fold our arms and blame the government when we can rise up and our small effort will amount to something great if we join hands

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by Teamprudent(m): 9:27am On Nov 11, 2019
CuteBidemi:
Several communities in Oyo state are currently suffering and lamenting their inaccessibility to potable water, among which are Agele and Mogba villages.

Members of the villages currently fetch water from a dirty stream, which according to the residents, is often contaminated by Fulani herdsmen and their cows.

RURAL NURTURE INITIATIVE visited the towns and the situation can only be described as TERRIBLE, especially during dry season.

Therefore, the group plans to dig 2 Wells in different locations that will serve the members of Agele, Mogba and their neigbouring villages.

The group is calling on every individual to help and make a token donation to aid the intervention.
All payment/donation for the Water intervention should be made into the account below:

Rural Nurture Initiative
Fidelity Bank

Pictures below:

Kai...see water!
Its not their fault that they can't filter the water..these are people with limited resources and little knowledge.
Best thing we can do as knowledgeable persons is help in any way we can. Support this initiative that has brought this to our notice..linking them up with the appropriate quarters.
God bless that RNI group

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by Feranmiz: 9:29am On Nov 11, 2019
Dirty water ke? Wow...this is really an eye opener to what is going on in these villages.

Thank you for your good work.

I plan to pitch in and help...I wish everyone would do the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by Godlygirl77: 9:46am On Nov 11, 2019
CuteBidemi:

Rural Nurture Initiative
Fidelity Bank

Pictures below:

This is serious! It's so sad to see humans like myselft drink such kind of Water. This is an automatic invitation to water-borne diseases. Great intentions by RNI. I'll reach out to RNI to help these villages.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by mfm04622: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2019
oluwadharmeey1:

If not money, then manpower! How much will it cost to dig a well in a place with a stream or river, which mean the water table is not deep? If they can't get money to pay for the whole thing and they don't have the knowledge, why not employ just one person with the knowhow and attached youth to help him dig the well?
I come from a village too! However, there was pipe borne water in my village even before I was born. However, it is not reliable. Do you know what people do? They go to River Ogun to fetch water! The you know the worst? They also don't have toilets and shit inside the river! This my village I am talking about have indegenes all over the WORLD! I mean WORLD, not just Nigeria! Yet, our ancestral homes are without toilets and our people fetch drinking water from polluted rivers. This situation is clearly that of lack of foresight, not lack of money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by CuteBidemi(m): 10:06am On Nov 11, 2019
Teamprudent:

Kai...see water!
Its not their fault that they can't filter the water..these are people with limited resources and little knowledge.
Best thing we can do as knowledgeable persons is help in any way we can. Support this initiative that has brought this to our notice..linking them up with the appropriate quarters.
God bless that RNI group

God bless you o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by CuteBidemi(m): 10:08am On Nov 11, 2019
mfm04622:

If not money, then manpower! How much will it cost to dig a well in a place with a stream or river, which mean the water table is not deep? If they can't get money to pay for the whole thing and they don't have the knowledge, why not employ just one person with the knowhow and attached youth to help him dig the well?
I come from a village too! However, there was pipe borne water in my village even before I was born. However, it is not reliable. Do you know what people do? They go to River Ogun to fetch water! The you know the worst? They also don't have toilets and shit inside the river! This my village I am talking about have indegenes all over the WORLD! I mean WORLD, not just Nigeria! Yet, our ancestral homes are without toilets and our people fetch drinking water from polluted rivers. This situation is clearly that of lack of foresight, not lack of money

Insightful

It is easier to make suggestions to people but implementation, the room is clear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by CuteBidemi(m): 10:08am On Nov 11, 2019
Feranmiz:
Dirty water ke? Wow...this is really an eye opener to what is going on in these villages.

Thank you for your good work.

I plan to pitch in and help...I wish everyone would do the same.

May God help u as u do...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by ctleurocollege: 10:37am On Nov 11, 2019
mfm04622:

Exactly my point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Communities In Oyo State Drink From A Dirty Stream(pics) by zyoxo: 11:26am On Nov 12, 2019
In all honesty, i must say this initiative is really doing well.

we must not wait for the Government to solve problems of our every day life for us before we do something.. Water is life, so if we are to wait for their intervention to get a decent drinking water, it will Definitely be catastrophic.

please lets donate what we can to help this people out.

May we all be helped and favoured all the time.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"Black Patients Are Being Murdered With Gross Negligence" NYC Nurse Cries Out / Hygienically processed Catfish / My Mom, Whom I Always Post About Her Illness, Passed On Today!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.