Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,505 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire (39220 Views)

Wike Flags Off Construction Of 5 KM Road In Abaji Area Council (Photos) / Governor Obaseki Commissions 6.8 KM Of Streetlights (Photos). / Ade-Ojo: I Didn't Sell Collapsed Building Land To Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by femi4: 1:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
dammyBoxes:
coolGood, our billionaires can do more. But I think it is better they focus on building more businesses and using their influence on government to build infrastructures
Their businesses need good roads to triumph
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
We are our own government
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by olukidodo: 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2019
HospitalityDiva:
Beautiful and quite commendable.

I attended the gala night part of this event.
That's my first time of meeting the octogenarian/ philanthropist. God bless him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by OlujobaSamuel: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
ogunsj:
those stories are lies. if you want to develop your community with roads nobody will stop you.
They are not lies ooo.
Omo onile sef dey collect.
One man (now late) opened a sch in my area, he was grade road do culvert for drainage (he don even buy the concrete rings), na so omo onile talk sey he must settle dem, the man just do his entrance and lock up
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by Studyinchina200(m): 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
make the money first bro

M
sonature1:

I am not hating but there's nothing impressive about the road.

If I am a billionaire and want to do something for my people, I will do something of world class. As a constant reminder to the government that they should stop settling for mediocrity.

Go and check out what that US-based Anambra-born doctor is doing in his state. That's exactly what I mean.

Like we say in Nigeria, half bread is better than chin-chin.

So, well done, Sir Ade-Ojo.

But the road I am seeing will start having potholes before long.
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by Omoejigbahe(m): 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
Election things
Go and do your basic tech assignment, school resumes tomorrow. News like this are for adults, i understand you can't assimilate such write up.
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by Macdove02(m): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
RichDad1:

The you obviously don’t know who Chief Ade Ojo is.
Ilara is just a small village beside Akure in Ondo state.
This man single handedly transform that town in lots of ways.
He gave them Elizade University.
If you’re from Ilara and you have good grades, you’re more likely to get a job from these following companies:
Toyota Nigeria Limited
Elizade Motors
Classic Motors
RT Briscoe Nigeria Plc
JAC motors and host of others.
He has produced and mentor lots of youths doing well in the various careers with help of scholarships, grants and funding.
Btw, I’m not from Ilara. But nobody should downplay this great man’s achievements.
God bless you. Tell them o.

There’s also Smoking Hills Golf.
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by GEEBITE: 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
Stop saying things that are untrue.When Obj came back in 99,Lagos-Abeokuta expressway from Oshodi that he started in 1978 and was abandoned by politicians at the Ogun border around old gateway hotel was revived and he finished in record time by 2001.A spur was even made by dualisation of the road from Sango'Otta to the present
Canaan land.I dont know why people have short memory like this.That the road has become broken down is another story entirely but that he didnt do anything to that road is a big lie.
opsynea2j:
This is not the first time he did this. He single handedly constructed a 7km road/good drainage system in 2008 using local contractors and they did a wonderful job , he built a polytechnic (now a university ) in D's same hometown , he has influenced so many lives positively with his great influence. I didn't expect this cos this man has been retired for some years now and fully based in his hometown .

This life would have been so great if folks don't wait on so called government to solve all our problems ( having known they are not reliable ). Imagine Obasanjo ignored Lagos/abeokuta express for 8 yrs and that was his route whenever he came to Lagos tongis farm at ota. The road ( with highest population of Lagos residents) is in shambles ! All thanks to Obasanjo .

Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by vertueptime: 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
He has already ripped them off, if u carry ur car go elizade and they give u bill u go run

omowolewa:
Great,
I wonder how he got the approval to construct that road with politicians telling him to bring the money while they do it.

Nigeria should encourage Private participations as government efforts cannot catch up with population explosion.

1 Like

Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by aspiring44: 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2019
omowolewa:
Great,
I wonder how he got the approval to construct that road with politicians telling him to bring the money while they do it.

Nigeria should encourage Private participations as government efforts cannot catch up with population explosion.

Some individuals builts up themselves arithmetically and they are so big now and they are giving back to the sociery whether they favored by the government or not.

Its better the government build institutioms which gives geometric progression on a large scale an every one benefits .

What the philanthropist did is milestone achievement which the community he has done for that will never forget .
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by rainmoredays: 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
sonature1:

If I am a billionaire and want to do something for my people, I will do something of world class. As a constant reminder to the government that they should stop settling for mediocrity.

Go and check out what that US-based Anambra-born doctor is doing in his state. That's exactly what I mean.

the only commendable comment. Just look at low budget road, I'm sure the amount they used in inviting Fashola and setting up tents and speaker is costlier than the amount spent on the road itself.

1 Like

Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by Varyscon: 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
Ade ojo did well. Lagos is on a fast track.
https://www.nairaland.com/5522589/where-aguleri-located
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

On Saturday, the Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, was in  Ilara-Mokin, Ondo state. He was there to formally commission a freshly re-constructed road network in the town. The re-constructed network of roads was funded by Chief Michael Ade-Ojo, the Chairman, Toyota Nigeria Ltd, and Elizade Nigeria Ltd.

The event was graced by several dignitaries including the Oni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, and the Deji of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Aladelusi.

Chief Michael Ade-Ojo And The Ilara-Mokin Community Development Projects

The construction of the 6km road network is one of various community development projects in Ilara-Mokin embarked upon by  Micheal Ade-Ojo. These projects are designed to gradually transform his hometown from a village to an economically vibrant town.

The construction of the network of roads is one of his several contributions to the development of the Ilara-Mokin community. In 2011, he constructed a world-class and scenic golf resort in the town. The facility boasts of a water park and other world-class facilities.  The wealthy auto magnate also established a tertiary institution - Elizade University - in the town.

Michael Ade-Ojo And The Ondo Auto Rally

Chief Michael Ade-Ojo is also a prime supporter of the famous Ondo Auto Rally - a car racing tournaments - which has some of its events held in Ilara-Mokin. He was once spotted driving a Tiger Avon Car during one of the events.

The highly resourceful entrepreneur, Chief Michael Ade-Ojo, for more than four decades, has bestrode the Nigerian automotive sector like a colossus.

He started Elizade Motors in 1971 with just one support staff.  The company has grown to become a conglomerate with several subsidiaries including Toyota Nigeria Limited, Mikeade Investment Co. Ltd, Mikeade Property Dev. Co. Ltd, Classic Motors Ltd, Elizade Autoland Nigeria, Okin Travels Ltd, Oodua Creations Ltd, among others.

Michael Ade-Ojo, Chairman of Toyota Nigeria Ltd

Chief Michael Ade-Ojo attended St. Michael’s Anglican School, Ilara-Mokin, Ondo State, Nigeria. He later attended Imade College, Owo, Nigeria (1954-1958), where he obtained the West Africa School Certificate. He proceeded to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) in 1961, where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Business Administration in 1965.

Chief Michael Ade-Ojo was born on June 14, 1938, in Ilara-Mokin.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/fashola-commissions-6-km-road-constructed-by-businessman-michael-ade-ojo-photos/

The community is a rather very poor one judging from the narrowness of the road and the surrounding building. Only the church seems okay
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by jclassiq(m): 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2019
This fashola na okwulu o'kalia. He and fayose too tall.
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by jclassiq(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
sonature1:

Thats your opinion sir. Keep it.

The man is a great man indeed. Committed to transforming not only his community but also his ondo state. I doubt that in your haste to show yourself, you mustn't have noticed that he even used a local contractor to do the job ( patronizing local content). Is it his fault if he trusts his own brother to do a great job and he disappoints?

And you are talking. Go and do your own man. How many times have you been to your village?

2 Likes

Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by PureFace1(m): 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
kampari:
A whole minister came to commission this rubbish. Even the so called billionaire is not ashamed. Tufia

Modified: see brown roofs and dirty dilapidated houses everywhere. Yoruba lands need total overhaul

A government should come in and focus on just demolishing and rebuilding houses to a decent level in yoruba land.

Says by a Pig that lives in the piggery land of Biafra

Igbo land need to be nuke to exterminate scumbags like you

These are brown roofs all over Enugu and there are also brown roofs all over the East, in fact you still have hut houses with rafia roofs in the East because I have been to the East.

But because Yoruba don't go to the baboon area you call East unlike you that are all over our region, you are using the opportunity to spit trash online.

The whole Igbo Land is not even bigger than Oyo State but you are always spitting trash online trying to measure dick with Yoruba as if Igbo Land is Dubai and not the same poverty stricken region every one of your kind is running away from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by PureFace1(m): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
sonature1:

Typical Nyamirin

Become a billionaire first before you start spitting trash

1 Like

Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by adrainuche(m): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
See the rubbish road, Nigeria is a failed Nation...
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by Buffalo2(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2019
codedguy1:
grin

Fashola has no shame at all.
AFTER ALL THE ROADS ARE NOT AS BAD AS WE PORTRAYED THEM grin grin
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by Bluntemperor: 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
When are they Commissioning the ones built by Govt.?They have nothing to give.Come to Shagamu-the Road from Shagamu- to Ikorodu has a slow-Speed and you are wandering if the road is yet to be approved at all.It is the poor people that suffer on this road.Why should a Minister be going to open a privately fund Road Project? Na wa o.
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
Eleganza gba mi o e.
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by vineyardfarms: 4:22pm On Nov 11, 2019
GOD BLESS YOU SIR FOR THE GOOD WORK. GOD BLESS YOU, BLESS YOUR CHILDREN CHILDRENS. HOWEVER, THANK GOD MINISTER FASHOLA WAS THERE SO HE CAN LEARN TO DIFFERENCIATE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN - GOOD - BAD - WORST - POT HOLES - DEATH TRAP ROADS - SCATTERED AROUND THE COUNTRY FREE OF CHARGE. LESSON # 2. MINISTER FASHOLA, PLEASE TELL YOUR BOSS TO ALLOW WEALTHY NIGERIANS - BANKS -STATES - INVESTORS - TO INVEST ON FEDERAL ROADS AND COLLECT REGULATED TOW GATE FEES. # 3. DE -REGULATE POWER - ALLOW STATES TO SOURCE FOR THEIR OWN POWER. THE PRESENT POWER ARRANGEMENT ARE RUN BY ORGANIZED CRIMINALS COINED CABALS. NIGERIA WILL BE OUT OF THESE WORST NIGHTMARES. (ADVICE FREE OF CHARGE)
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by Burgerlomo: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
cool

Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by xcelentattitude(m): 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2019
This one is walk of shame for fashola grin

Commissioning a privately funded road? Tufiakwa!

Once I'm done clearing the bush in my backyard I'll also call him for commissioning.
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by FLYFIRE(m): 4:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
ogunsj:
you think Nigeria start and end in your village, Abi?
When last did you visit a city?
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by DEROX: 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2019
what of igbo father edeh madonna founder grin
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by fabolouz1(m): 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
Even though it's privately funded but the quality is so poor.
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by MetaPhysical: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
God bless his efforts, great man!
Re: Michael Ade-Ojo: Fashola Commissions 6-km Road Constructed By Billionaire by paix(m): 6:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
codedguy1:
grin

Fashola has no shame at all.
He's an APC man, remember?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Meets With Andrew Forrest / Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project / 2023: Pick RCCG Candidate, Kiss Aso Rock Goodbye – MURIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.