Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Dear Nairaland Writers, Why Do You People Always Do This? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dear Nairaland Writers, Why Do You People Always Do This? (572 Views)

The Greed Of Nairaland Writers! / Nairaland Writers, How Are You Mentally? / Winners Of 2019 Nairaland Writers Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nairaland Writers, Why Do You People Always Do This? by importantperson: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
You start story and when you've gain audience you abandoned it? some stories have been uncompleted for 5good years now. its not good at all, please you people should repent.

2. you start stories without telling the readers that they will pay for it, they that reading and getting to the interesting part, you stop update and ask them to pay for the rest. what happen to those that cant pay? it will be better if you inform us that the story is for sale so that we will prepare before reading it.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairaland Writers, Why Do You People Always Do This? by Abdul05: 1:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
Correction pls.why did not do
Re: Dear Nairaland Writers, Why Do You People Always Do This? by Vulcanheph(m): 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
This is one major problem with most of the writers in literature section, which is why i stopped reading the stories here....
Re: Dear Nairaland Writers, Why Do You People Always Do This? by Divepen1(m): 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2019
1. a. Other things came up
b. Real life issues
c. Nothing to show for it
d. Writer's block.
e. No one sent us message if they truly cared.
f. No true comments. I want criticism and reviews. Not just " We're following you"...
g. I'm editing.
h. Lack of inspiration

2. a. Man must chop.
b. To fulfill God's plan for my life. Our pastor said a man's gift makes room for him, why money no dey involved.
c. My mentors sell their works. Check Chimamanda..All top writers do, why should I give it for free.

d. All other free entertainment like filmshows are being paid for by their networks.

e. I gave some out because I'm not popular. So, I was teasing you into buying.

You should understand that these are people. Motivate their hardworks. Ask any freelancer, when money is involved, dry brains rise again. Inspiration fly on the wings of fairies and sit with us. Money can go a long way in making a man happy.

If you can't afford it, chip in comments- wise ones. Question motives behind lines of stories.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairaland Writers, Why Do You People Always Do This? by BIGGIE121(m): 7:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
Divepen1:
1. a. Other things came up
b. Real life issues
c. Nothing to show for it
d. Writer's block.
e. No one sent us message if they truly cared.
f. No true comments. I want criticism and reviews. Not just " We're following you"...
g. I'm editing.
h. Lack of inspiration

2. a. Man must chop.
b. To fulfill God's plan for my life. Our pastor said a man's gift makes room for him, why money no dey involved
c. My mentors sell their works. Check Chimamanda..All top writers do, why should I give it for free.

d. All other free entertainment like filmshows are being paid for by their networks.

e. I gave some out because I'm not popular. So, I was teasing you into buying.

You should understand that these are people. Motivate their hardworks. Ask any freelancer, when money is involved, dry brains rise again. Inspiration fly on the wings of fairies and sit with us. Money can go a long way in making a man happy.

If you can't afford it, chip in comments- wise ones. Question motives behind lines of stories.

well said, but what about writers like repogirl, gianaaaaaa, and the likes of them, these ones put a halt to their stories abruptly, without carrying their readers along.I understand that it's no childs play racking your brain to come up with a story, not to even talk of putting it down in writing.

But at least if they want stop posting their stories here, maybe due to some unforeseen circumstances Or lack of inspiration. They should give prior notification expianing, why they want to stop further updates on their stiories, So it wouldn't catch we the readers unawares but reverse is the case for some writers here. They evaporate in the thin air without informing us beforehand.

Another problem with some writers here is that, they ignite a fire that, they cant quench. Why bother yourself by creating a thread stating that you want to start a story, that would not enventually be completed. Is that not wasting of time, efforts and perharps resources??.

If at all they want to monitize their story, they should complete it first, before posting haif or quarter of it here, they can then put it up for sale at any of the e -selling platforms. Like jameskudooski rachealfst and the likes of them does.

2. Some of the stories that are up for sale here, are not worth buying. Most of them are filled with cliche love stories and overly predictable stories, so why waste my money buying stories that i can predict what will happen in the end, when i can go to one cool spot and order for two green bottles and two plate of ponmo alata or asun to sensitize my spirit..... Winks

2c. Stories that should be up for sale are stories that would give us a run for our money, Mentioning writers like chimamanda is an overstatement, lets look within nairaland, take for instance if writers like shewrites, tbm, centino chimzypinky and the likes decided that they wanted to put their stories up for sale when it was still in pre-posting or writing stage, and it has already gained massive readers, Imagine how bankable it would be for them, back then.The point i am trying to make with this example is that if you want sell a story, make sure it is worth buying. You can't just decide to publish one mediocre story on okadabooks and expect peoole to buy it. it is not done that way, costomer satisfaction is an essential element,i

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nairaland Writers, Why Do You People Always Do This? by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 19, 2019
Writer's block.

(1) (Reply)

My Unanswered Prayer Became My Answered Prayer / In Need Of These Books / Start Your Own Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.