Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,481 members, 7,954,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH (2249 Views)

YouTube Suspends TB Joshua’s Emmanuel TV Over 'Hate Speech'. The Prophet Reacts / Oyedepo Replies Presidency, Says ‘dead Buhari Statement Not Hate Speech’ / Peter Obi: Mbaka Reacts To Outburst, Says He's Scripturally Right & Not Scared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 11:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
1Sharon:

So you don't think the bible Is from God?
What do you mean by "from God"?

1Sharon:

What's your religion?
You mean, "which box should you pigeonhole me in?"

The answer is, none. "One does not live by bread alone least one become malnourished", as Jesus is written to have said and as understood by me.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 11:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
budaatum:

There is nothing wrong with the Old Testament, but there does seem to be a lot wrong with how you read it, is what I'd say, and as you can see from my initial post in this thread, some so called Christians, wrongly, share your view that God said kill people.

I feel you are aware the Bible was written by people - or is it your position God wrote it? And those laws are written in the Bible for the same reason the buggery act existed, to ensure people at the time can read it and know the law. But I'm sure you'd agree I'd be wrong if I were to go about applying the buggery act today, so why would you claim one should go do what is written in the Bible, especially since the bits you quote have been superceeded in that same Bible?

As for the Ten Commandments, you'd find most of them in the laws of most countries, and I can't exactly say we are not better off for the ones that are still imposed.

How I view it?? If God says he kills and destroys, how else am I supposed to view and interpret that?? Unless you want to say its allegory. That statement is very clear, what other possible explanation could you have for that??

Christians feel that God kills people? That is a lie my darling. Christians are never taught to view God negatively. They never see God as a killer. If they do, they'll never be Christians.It's not what they've been taught.

Why do you think they love to dismiss the old testament as irrelevant? because the facts make them very uncomfortable. The OT is shock horror.

When religion is sold to ppl, they only mention the positives cos no one would buy if the negatives are revealed.

Religion is very much like a product that sales men have to make look attractive. The sales men never talk about the fine print. In christianity the fine print is the Old testament. It is never marketed. Why do you think missionaries love to give potential/new converts the new testament bible ? Why do they split the bible?

They need to market christainty ofcourse.

MOST of the 10 commandments apply in MOST countries?? What are you on about ?

Only 3 out of all the 10 can apply to most countries. You mean to say most countries have a law against disrespecting your parents? grin

When disrespect is subjective?

So most countries have a law to keep the sabbath? Isn't the word sabbath subjective? Isnt the word holy subjective?

Aren't graven images subjective?

Girl bye.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 11:45pm On Nov 14, 2019
budaatum:

What do you mean by "from God"?

You mean, "which box should you pigeonhole me in?"

The answer is, none. "One does not live by bread alone least one become malnourished", as Jesus is written to have said and as understood by me.

Trash

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 1:30am On Nov 15, 2019
1Sharon:

How I view it?? If God says he kills and destroys, how else am I supposed to view and interpret that??
So tell, when you read your Bible, there's bits where God wrote God killed people? Is it not the truth that someone wrote what they claim God did?

I'll give you an example so you can get your head around it.

Why is it written "And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light"? Surely if God wrote it, it ought to read "I, God, said, "Let there be light and there was light"? Or don't you know how English Language works?

Was anyone there to witness God saying whatever God said? And if not, have you ever asked yourself where the author got the narrative you read from?

1Sharon:
Christians feel that God kills people?
I do think the person I quoted in my first post on this thread believes and thinks he is a Christian, though I'd agree if you say he isn't. Would you say the person quoted does not feel, and believe, God kills people? Didn't you yourself claim and provide quotes to show you understand God kills and asks people to kill people?

1Sharon:
Why do you think they love to dismiss the old testament as irrelevant?
Can't say I know any Christians who "love to dismiss the old testament". What I do think is that you read it wrong. You can't even seem to understand how it came to be written for instance, which is fundamental to its understanding.

1Sharon:
Only 3 out of all the 10 can apply to most countries. You mean to say most countries have a law against disrespecting your parents?

So most countries have a law to keep the sabbath? Isn't the word sabbath subjective? Isnt the word holy subjective?
I'm sure most societies would rather you respect your parents. But I guess I haven't checked your neck of the woods so let me ask, does your society not teach you to respect your parents? Does your society not have a rest day too? Or is it their status as laws that you dispute?

That said, yes, "most". Respect your parents! Rest! Don't kill; don't steal; don't tell lies; don't cheat on your partner; don't be envious of what others have, be it their partner or their possession. 6 out of ten is "most" by my reckoning, and while no one would imprison you for not resting, for instance, I'm sure you'd agree that not resting and disrespecting your parents might present you with dire consequences.

By the way, those who give you the new testament alone are showing you compassion. I'm sure you'd be daunted by the size of the over a thousand page Bible, and even if you aren't daunted, you are showing a vast misunderstanding of it. "Believe", for instance, you say, and not "understand". I'm certain that if you read a Physics textbook and believe it you'd never be a Physicist. Besides, one must save cost too. There's after all no point giving you a book that is way to far above your level of comprehension to start with. It's why you are given what to believe, unfortunately, I say, though, rightly too. The hope is you'd read it and ask questions then get a copy of the rest of it and read it and ask more questions and then seek to understand. After all, it is rightly written in it that you should not live by the bread of belief alone, but by every word God wrote. Though, I must say that I don't quite think you know what the words in it might mean since you are at the trembling level of thinking it is for believing instead of understanding.

Your "trash", and "bye" and skirt reference is duly noted. Some things are beyond the level of some.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 1:42am On Nov 15, 2019
1Sharon:

God isn't all love. He also gets angry, upset, vengeful, jealous, takes rests. This is evidence in the OT.
Not true! There are reports written by people that "God gets angry, upset, vengeful, jealous, takes rests", is closer to the truth, and it is possible that they could have been wrong or not exactly understood God. After all, God's emotions would not be the only thing they wrote that is incorrect, or is it?
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 1:50am On Nov 15, 2019
budaatum:

Not true! There are reports written by people that "God gets angry, upset, vengeful, jealous, takes rests", is closer to the truth, and it is possible that they could have been wrong or not exactly understood God. After all, God's emotions would not be the only thing they wrote that is incorrect, or is it?

You're right. God is a loving, happy god

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by ademchij: 4:30am On Aug 03, 2021
constancefriday:
HATE SPEECH is now on the increase amongst some unseasoned Charlatans who claim they now know everything about the scriptures and that even the very elect are ignorant liars.
They're untrained, barely experienced and reckless with their use of the scriptures to support their personal bias and prejudices.
E.g "i may be angry or bias or prejudiced towards a person, a group of people, a certain selection of professional or career persons, a gender, a social class etc and i'll find scriptures to galvanize or support my prejudice."
Eg: A Preacher may have a bias or prejudice about the have-nots of the society and would by all means use scriptures to galvanize his prejudice. Trying to scripturally VICTIM BLAME the have nots of the society. I call such things Scriptural VICTIM BLAMING. It's very wrong and unChristlike.
Such types of use of the scriptures are mis-applied and misquoted and they are Satanic.
They are representing Satan with such actions. Real Preachers of the Gospel.of Jesus Christ use the scriptures to galvanize their godly love for the Children of God, lost souls and even sinners and enemies of the Gospel.
We cannot win more souls to Jesus Christ if we use the Scriptures to butress, or support our hatred for one another. It's against the intrinsic and extrinsic nature of God.
GOD is a lover. God loves everybody.
GOD hates nobody. And real Preachers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ are not fraudulent and lazy. Pay no attention to charlatans who will drag you to Hell Fire with their scripturally backed speeches of hate and prejudice.
1 Corinthians 13:1-end, 1 Peter 4:8, John 13:34.

Apostle Constance Friday is the Most Supreme Shepherd Worldwide of Real Life Missions International administrators of Real Life Gospel Church. A successful globally operative online Church, with widespread terrestrial.presence.
Join Us via Chat today
+2347017106469,
+2348022646721.
Request to get added.
Exclusive Bible Teaching take place every Sundays and Wednesdays.
Anchor and Host is Apostle Constance Friday
(and other seasoned authentic Ministers of the Gospel).
Truth and Life Series - Season 3
Is currently in progress.
FULL SPEED ACTIVATED!
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by stephieok: 11:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
constancefriday:
HATE SPEECH is now on the increase amongst some unseasoned Charlatans who claim they now know everything about the scriptures and that even the very elect are ignorant liars.
They're untrained, barely experienced and reckless with their use of the scriptures to support their personal bias and prejudices.
E.g "i may be angry or bias or prejudiced towards a person, a group of people, a certain selection of professional or career persons, a gender, a social class etc and i'll find scriptures to galvanize or support my prejudice."
Eg: A Preacher may have a bias or prejudice about the have-nots of the society and would by all means use scriptures to galvanize his prejudice. Trying to scripturally VICTIM BLAME the have nots of the society. I call such things Scriptural VICTIM BLAMING. It's very wrong and unChristlike.
Such types of use of the scriptures are mis-applied and misquoted and they are Satanic.
They are representing Satan with such actions. Real Preachers of the Gospel.of Jesus Christ use the scriptures to galvanize their godly love for the Children of God, lost souls and even sinners and enemies of the Gospel.
We cannot win more souls to Jesus Christ if we use the Scriptures to butress, or support our hatred for one another. It's against the intrinsic and extrinsic nature of God.
GOD is a lover. God loves everybody.
GOD hates nobody. And real Preachers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ are not fraudulent and lazy. Pay no attention to charlatans who will drag you to Hell Fire with their scripturally backed speeches of hate and prejudice.
1 Corinthians 13:1-end, 1 Peter 4:8, John 13:34.

Apostle Constance Friday is the Most Supreme Shepherd Worldwide of Real Life Missions International administrators of Real Life Gospel Church. A successful globally operative online Church, with widespread terrestrial.presence.
Join Us via Chat today
+2347017106469,
+2348022646721.
Request to get added.
Exclusive Bible Teaching take place every Sundays and Wednesdays.
Anchor and Host is Apostle Constance Friday
(and other seasoned authentic Ministers of the Gospel).
Truth and Life Series - Season 3
Is currently in progress.
FULL SPEED ACTIVATED!
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 11:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
I'm borrowing, for here.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by orisa37: 4:25am On Sep 26, 2021
Leave Satan alone to do his rightful Jobs. God is always in Control.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by orisa37: 4:27am On Sep 26, 2021
Leave Satan alone to do his rightful Jobs. God is always in Control.

The tenth Commandment, "Thou shall not be COVETOUS".

(1) (2) (Reply)

JUJU still Killing Christians / Albert Einstein's Answer On The Existence Of God / Ipad Thief Caught In Winners Chapel Ijebu-ode (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.