Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,545 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH (2087 Views)

YouTube Suspends TB Joshua’s Emmanuel TV Over 'Hate Speech'. The Prophet Reacts / Oyedepo Replies Presidency, Says ‘dead Buhari Statement Not Hate Speech’ / Peter Obi: Mbaka Reacts To Outburst, Says He's Scripturally Right & Not Scared (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by constancefriday(m): 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2019
HATE SPEECH is now on the increase amongst some unseasoned Charlatans who claim they now know everything about the scriptures and that even the very elect are ignorant liars.
They're untrained, barely experienced and reckless with their use of the scriptures to support their personal bias and prejudices.
E.g "i may be angry or bias or prejudiced towards a person, a group of people, a certain selection of professional or career persons, a gender, a social class etc and i'll find scriptures to galvanize or support my prejudice."
Eg: A Preacher may have a bias or prejudice about the have-nots of the society and would by all means use scriptures to galvanize his prejudice. Trying to scripturally VICTIM BLAME the have nots of the society. I call such things Scriptural VICTIM BLAMING. It's very wrong and unChristlike.
Such types of use of the scriptures are mis-applied and misquoted and they are Satanic.
They are representing Satan with such actions. Real Preachers of the Gospel.of Jesus Christ use the scriptures to galvanize their godly love for the Children of God, lost souls and even sinners and enemies of the Gospel.
We cannot win more souls to Jesus Christ if we use the Scriptures to butress, or support our hatred for one another. It's against the intrinsic and extrinsic nature of God.
GOD is a lover. God loves everybody.
GOD hates nobody. And real Preachers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ are not fraudulent and lazy. Pay no attention to charlatans who will drag you to Hell Fire with their scripturally backed speeches of hate and prejudice.
1 Corinthians 13:1-end, 1 Peter 4:8, John 13:34.

Apostle Constance Friday is the Most Supreme Shepherd Worldwide of Real Life Missions International administrators of Real Life Gospel Church. A successful globally operative online Church, with widespread terrestrial.presence.
Join Us via Chat today
+2347017106469,
+2348022646721.
Request to get added.
Exclusive Bible Teaching take place every Sundays and Wednesdays.
Anchor and Host is Apostle Constance Friday
(and other seasoned authentic Ministers of the Gospel).
Truth and Life Series - Season 3
Is currently in progress.
FULL SPEED ACTIVATED!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
This sort of hate speech?

Aaronsrod:

Lies from the pit of Hell!!

Our forefathers were not monkeys.

Our God is a killer. He is proclaimed in the Bible as a God of Fire.

Fear Him always!!

Aaronsrod:
Now they have been cleansed in His blood, we must beat Satan out of their bodies on a daily basis so they do not come and turn us gay like them.

Otherwise we shall kill them as the Bible instructs.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 12:37am On Nov 13, 2019
budaatum:
This sort of hate speech?

He is a good passionate christian. What is hateful about that? I don't think you've read the bible

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2019
1Sharon:

He is a good passionate christian. What is hateful about that? I don't think you've read the bible
So your Bible tells you to kill people? Care to show me where?
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
budaatum:

So your Bible tells you to kill people? Care to show me where?

It's obvious you haven't read the old testament. I will not spoonfeed you.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2019
1Sharon:

It's obvious you haven't read the old testament. I will not spoonfeed you.
You can't spoonfeed me lies, obviously, or you'd show where it is written where God kills people or said go and kill people yourself.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 3:47pm On Nov 13, 2019
budaatum:

You can't spoonfeed me lies, obviously, or you'd show where it is written where God kills people or said go and kill people yourself.

Haha.. it's obvious you haven't read the old testament. Who needs a horror film?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
1Sharon:

Haha.. it's obvious you haven't read the old testament. Who needs a horror film?
If you say it often enough I guess you'd believe I haven't read the old testament, but if you do believe it, you who've read it can very easily post one single verse where God killed or asked you to kill someone.

Are you sure you've read the old testament, sharon?
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2019
budaatum:

If you say it often enough I guess you'd believe I haven't read the old testament, but if you do believe it, you who've read it can very easily post one single verse where God killed or asked you to kill someone.

Are you sure you've read the old testament, sharon?

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

Hallelujah.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2019
That's better. I knew you could do it. Now lets see. Those sound like laws, right. And not of God - unless you want to claim God wrote the Bible, which would be rather naive and silly - but of human beings.

I wonder if you've heard of the Buggery Act 1533?

According to the Act, offenders being hereof convicted by verdict confession or outlawry shall suffer such pains of death and losses and penalties of their good chattels debts lands tenements and hereditaments as felons do according to the Common Laws of this Realm. And that no person offending in any such offence shall be admitted to his Clergy.

Now tell, would you say someone reading that act today is justified in doing what that act says one should do to buggers, or would you say anyone who does can read but just does not have a brain to think or reason?

I put it to you sharon, that anyone who takes what you listed below as a command or an excuse to kill anyone will thankfully be convicted of murder, and be judged to be stupid and ignorant and most definitely ungodly by anyone with a brain.

What say you sharon? Do those verses say "kill people"?

1Sharon:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

A priest’s daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

Hallelujah.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
budaatum:
That's better. I knew you could do it. Now lets see. Those sound like laws, right. And not of God - unless you want to claim God wrote the Bible, which would be rather naive and silly - but of human beings.

According to the Act, offenders being hereof convicted by verdict confession or outlawry shall suffer such pains of death and losses and penalties of their good chattels debts lands tenements and hereditaments as felons do according to the Common Laws of this Realm. And that no person offending in any such offence shall be admitted to his Clergy.

Now tell, would you say someone reading that act today is justified in doing what that act says one should do to buggers, or would you say anyone who does can read but just does not have a brain to think or reason?

I put it to you sharon, that anyone who takes what you listed below as a command or an excuse to kill anyone will thankfully be convicted of murder, and be judged to be stupid and ignorant and most definitely ungodly by anyone with a brain.

Brb
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by MrPresident1: 8:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
1Sharon:

Brb

Use KJV 1Sharon and stop poohpoohing your heritage! If you knew the contents of the Bible, you wouldn't be sarcastic, and surely you wouldnt continue to provide fodder for the unrelenting but futile bombast of satan's children
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 8:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
1Sharon:

Brb
Ibw
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 8:21pm On Nov 13, 2019
MrPresident1:

Use KJV 1Sharon and stop poohpoohing your heritage! If you knew the contents of the Bible, you wouldn't be sarcastic, and surely you wouldnt continue to provide fodder for the unrelenting but futile bombast of satan's children
Please, let sharon use any version sharon likes to prove the Bible said "go and kill people".
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by MrPresident1: 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
Buda for eartum, leave that child alone.

budaatum:

Please, let sharon use any version sharon likes to prove the Bible said "go and kill people".
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2019
MrPresident1:
Buda for eartum, leave that child alone.

Nope, I shan't. Ignorance is detrimental to us all, and I don't mind educating.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by MrPresident1: 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
Just like the education you have been spreading all over the forum grin. Leave Sharon alone.

budaatum:

Nope, I shan't. Ignorance is detrimental to us all, and I don't mind educating.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 2:56am On Nov 14, 2019
MrPresident1:
Just like the education you have been spreading all over the forum grin. Leave Sharon alone.

No! Make me!
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 11:53am On Nov 14, 2019
MrPresident1:

Bro, I'm being for real this time. God doesn't just feel one emotion, he isn't all love like Christianity portrays. There is a discrepancy with Christianity and the bible. Jesus and God have different images in Christianity and you know this

God isn't all love. He also gets angry, upset, vengeful, jealous, takes rests. This is evidence in the OT.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2019
budaatum:

Lol. Are you saying those laws came from people? And not on the orders of God? What do you feel about the ten commandments then?

Why are those laws in the holy bible and who are they from?

If you are attempting to say there's something wrong with the old Testament, it is very much still part of the Bible and Christians will always be called up on it.

The buggery act was stupid. Homosexuality should not be criminalized.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 12:12pm On Nov 14, 2019
budaatum:

God *

Isn't the bible His word? What's your belief?
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by MrPresident1: 12:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
1Sharon:

Bro, I'm being for real this time. God doesn't just feel one emotion, he isn't all love like Christianity portrays. There is a discrepancy with Christianity and the bible. Jesus and God have different images in Christianity and you know this

God isn't all love. He also gets angry, upset, vengeful, jealous, takes rests. This is evidence in the OT.

Lepa, Naija next level no be here o. Before I answer you, promise me that you will come and take me to London, or America grin. Emi fe japa oo. Jubril lock border, keep key inside pocket run go London.

All you said is the truth, no iota of lie in them. All evil, all good come from God. He loves, and he hates; he builds and he consumes; he lifts and he casts down.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 12:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
MrPresident1:

Lepa, Naija next level no be here o. Before I answer you, promise me that you will come and take me to London, or America grin. Emi fe japa oo. Jubril lock border, keep key inside pocket run go London.

All you said is the truth, no iota of lie in them. All evil, all good come from God. He loves, and he hates; he builds and he consumes; he lifts and he casts down.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Lol tell that to Budatuum, what the hell is he/she on about?

Why do you want to japa? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by MrPresident1: 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
1Sharon:

Jubril ti so Naija di furnace grin

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
MrPresident1:

Jubril ti so Naija di furnace grin

Jibril? grin why are you now afraid?
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2019
1Sharon:

Lol. Are you saying those laws came from people? And not on the orders of God? What do you feel about the ten commandments then?

Why are those laws in the holy bible and who are they from?

If you are attempting to say there's something wrong with the old Testament, it is very much still part of the Bible and Christians will always be called up on it.

The buggery act was stupid. Homosexuality should not be criminalized.
There is nothing wrong with the Old Testament, but there does seem to be a lot wrong with how you read it, is what I'd say, and as you can see from my initial post in this thread, some so called Christians, wrongly, share your view that God said kill people.

I feel you are aware the Bible was written by people - or is it your position God wrote it? And those laws are written in the Bible for the same reason the buggery act existed, to ensure people at the time can read it and know the law. But I'm sure you'd agree I'd be wrong if I were to go about applying the buggery act today, so why would you claim one should go do what is written in the Bible, especially since the bits you quote have been superceeded in that same Bible?

As for the Ten Commandments, you'd find most of them in the laws of most countries, and I can't exactly say we are not better off for the ones that are still imposed.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by MrPresident1: 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
1Sharon:

Jibril? grin why are you now afraid?

I am not afraid. Emi na kan fe japa ni grin grin grin I want to experience some good life like that of London, America, Germany, Austria, Frankfurt, Ontario, Washington, Quebec etc.

I'm telling you life in our zoo is tiring
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
1Sharon:

God *

Isn't the bible His word? What's your belief?
"His word", as claimed by those who wrote it.
You may read about my 'beliefs', or lack of, here.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2019
MrPresident1:

I am not afraid. Emi na kan fe japa ni grin grin grin I want to experience some good life like that of London, America, Germany, Austria, Frankfurt, Ontario, Washington, Quebec etc.

I'm telling you life in our zoo is tiring

Ok try nah. You can go to Ghana 1st. Even me I want to visit Ghana. I will abandon Nigeria completely
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by budaatum: 5:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
1Sharon:

I'm surprised you did not ask him why God hasn't japad him if God is responsible for his evil and his good.
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by MrPresident1: 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
budaatum:

I'm surprised you did not ask him why God hasn't japad him if God is responsible for his evil and his good.

Buda for eartum grin these people will wake up o ehn
Re: Beware Of Scripturally Supported HATE SPEECH by 1Sharon(f): 10:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
budaatum:

"His word", as claimed by those who wrote it.
You may read about my 'beliefs', or lack of, here.

So you don't think the bible Is from God? What's your religion?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religion To Disappear By 2041 Claims New Study / Satan Is The Sweetest Name I Know / Watch Pastor E.a Adeboye's Ewi Rendition At The #rccgconvention 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.