Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

How Do I Delete An Old Post On Nairaland - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Delete An Old Post On Nairaland (6118 Views)

How To Permanently Delete An Article In Joomla / How To Post On A Blog With Phone / 6 Easy Ways To Promote A New Or An Old Blog Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Delete An Old Post On Nairaland by adino(m): 1:25am On Nov 17, 2010
@LModerator
Please Sir, How do I delete a post I no longer want on Nairaland. E.g. There are some adverts I placed which people have already taken up but, Some clients still call me to this day about them. Please I want to know the following:
How do I delete such adverts/Posts?
Are posts on Nairaland permanent?
Do I need to contact the administator to do it for me?
Please sir I need urgent help on how to go about it.
Re: How Do I Delete An Old Post On Nairaland by pdone: 11:17am On Nov 17, 2010
Since you are not the administrator or the super user, you don't have the priviledge to delete your post. So the simplest way to go about it is to log into your account and go to the post that you want to delete. Click on modify, then change what you have posted. Don't forget to change the subject as well.
For e.g, If the subject is "By a car", you can simply change it to "Case close" or anything. Then change the body content and click on "Reply(Click Once, Then Wait)"
Re: How Do I Delete An Old Post On Nairaland by williamik(m): 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
shocked
Re: How Do I Delete An Old Post On Nairaland by sexdoll: 8:17pm On Oct 05, 2022
grin
Re: How Do I Delete An Old Post On Nairaland by faceland: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
Go to your profile.

Scroll down to that place that said; View Adino's posts (1445)

Go through all 1445 post and edit out the ones you want to remove (by clicking on modify, then erase everything only leaving a "DOT"wink

If all your post were in one section, you would eventually get banned for 2 days by spam bots, but resume after ban expires Or you mix things up by commenting on other post (in other section) after editing 5 posts.

This is the best available option. wink

(1) (Reply)

SEO Tips Bloggers Can Use To Improve Their Ranking / Guideline/Roadmap For New Web Designers (Contains Detailed Description) / How To Create A Website In Just 5 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.