Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes (15966 Views)

40yrs After, FG’s N2 Trillion Mambilla Power Project Yet To Begin / FG Seeks $5bn Chinese Loan For Mambilla Power Project / 3,050 Megawatts Mambilla Power Project In Taraba (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by jaxxy(m): 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2019
When a democratic government lacks follow up on previous agreements and contracts u will have legal disputes regularly.
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
Guestlander:

Hydo power is the standard. It is still the best. No radioactive waste or carbon emissions as in the case of coal.

Hydro power is insanely expensive compared to coal. Even western countries still generate the most of the electricity from coal but they then tell you to go green while knowing the cost to do so at an industrial level is insanely high!

Our leaders are fucking dumb is why I know we need radical youths with radical ideas to turn the tide of the country towards heavy development. Not this western-compromised old ass politicians
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
But what is wrong with our government. Why will Nigeria not be broke. Both PDP and APC their head are not correct. PDP created a fire, but APC added fuel to it Is instead of putting but off. It shows that there is mischief in the award of contract of capital nature.
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by Guestlander: 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
jayfolarin:

Hydro power is insanely expensive compared to coal. Even western countries still generate the most of the electricity from coal but they then tell you to go green while knowing the cost to do so at an industrial level is insanely high!

Our leaders are fucking dumb is why I know we need radical youths with radical ideas to turn the tide of the country towards heavy development. Not this western-compromised old ass politicians

You are right but there are other benefits of building a dam other than generating electricity.
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by Mokason28: 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
Depressed101:
6billion$ for 3020 megawatts power plant.... Yahoo yahoo Chinese companies. I nor blame them. Them see country wey nor dey accountable thats why
You are Depressed... why did Nigeria sign the deal in the 1st instance??
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by mamaafrik(m): 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
Guestlander:

Hydo power is the standard. It is still the best. No radioactive waste or carbon emissions as in the case of coal.
don't you think i know that already,USA,CHINA,Britain,Germany and majority of the European countries used coal to grow their economy and even up till now,we need to diversify,if coal and gas can be used to fuel south eastern state power,why not,just check for the percentage power of China and usa that comes from Coal,you will be shocked.

1 Like

Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by Guestlander: 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
But what is wrong with our government. Why will Nigeria not be broke. Both PDP and APC their head are not correct. It shows that there is mischief in the award of contract of capital nature.

Please blame the PDP, the APC is working overtime to clear up their mess.
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by muhdfaruq(m): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2019
Abfinest007:
another one again(paid is still there) I give up on Nigeria
dont give up,if i rule everything will be fine
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by StevenOba: 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2019
Another $2.3billion arbitration claim in the making over breach of contract. But why do Nigeria sign deals and then renegade on it? Didn't they know there was an existing agreement before going into another one?
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by misterjosh(m): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2019
Project wey never start wahala done dey iim head. I weep for this country embarassed
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by LilSmith55(m): 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
kayuseful:
Imagine being fined $2.8b. If we had such money, we wouldn't need China

And you think we didn't have such money... Only one single politician can provide that money....

Abi no be Nigeria again ni
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by webngnews: 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
Oh
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by victorv12(m): 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nigeria is a piece of shit!
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by Kubernetes: 7:18pm On Nov 11, 2019
This is similar PID scandal.
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by Weirdgee: 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
Nigeria is the only country richly blessed by God yet nothing good has come out of it. F**k nation.
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
sammyj:
In as much as I don’t trust any Chinese company I blame the Nigeria company the contract was awarded to For not dropping a single stone at the site since 2013 when the contract was awarded to them. Nigeria is a joke if this is not settled amicably for the Interest of the country at large!!

From 2003 till 2006 Leno sat on his leaky faggôt-āss and did nothing

Don't be surprised to find out he actually connived with his moles within the civil service to re-award the same contract to the Chinese just so he could file a lawsuit and make money.

1 Like

Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by sapientia(m): 12:32am On Nov 12, 2019
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by sulaak(m): 12:38am On Nov 12, 2019
Depressed101:
6billion$ for 3020 megawatts power plant.... Yahoo yahoo Chinese companies. I nor blame them. Them see country wey nor dey accountable thats why

Ethiopia Millennium Hydroelectric Dam will generate 6000 MW and cost $4billion.

1 Like

Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by grandstar(m): 2:05am On Nov 12, 2019
Please suspend it. I am a treehugger. I hate dams. They cover large masses of land.
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 12, 2019
Thief Obasanjo again!

If you check must of obstacles to progress on infrastructural development was created during Thief Obasanjo's tenure .

Yet Obasanjo collect $16bn for power.

Because the likes of Thief Obasanjo are not being investigated, shows EFCC is unserious and seem only able to chase small Yahoo Yahoo boys upandan.
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by DMerciful(m): 3:35am On Nov 12, 2019
You think say hydroelectric dam projects are cheap? Do your own research
Depressed101:

1 Like

Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by almarthins(m): 7:59am On Nov 12, 2019
seankafor:
Lol..make every man go find renewable energy and source his own means..

Anything yet on the Siemens deal?

Hope no be so so story again

Na wetin me dey work toward be that .
I no use light for one month, dem come give me 15k for being in darkness. What a country!
Re: China Threatens To Suspend Mambilla Power Plant Funding Over Legal Disputes by Depressed101: 8:21am On Nov 12, 2019
sulaak:

Ethiopia Millennium Hydroelectric Dam will generate 6000 MW and cost $4billion.
see what I am saying then.... We doomed in this country..

(1) (2) (Reply)

₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele / Snatch Ballot Box, Face Grave Consequence, IG Echoes Buhari / Ignore Fake News, Osinbajo Will Never Resign – Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.