Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money (697 Views)

CBN Lists 5 Forms Of Naira Abuse: Money Bouquet, Spraying, Selling, Squeezing / Why Do Some Rich Men Give Out Money With Left Hand / Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by iLegendd(m): 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
Whenever I'm bored, I love to open my Amazon account and squeeze out some money from one of my best selling books. So, today, I'll show you how I do it with screenshots.

When you publish a book with images, the images make the book size to increase, so Amazon Kindle will charge you more based on your book size. When the size is less, your delivery cost is less and you'll make more profit.

We have paperback, we have Kindle.

The more pages your paperback is, the less money you make. The more MB your Kindle file takes, the less you make with Kindle purchase.

So, it's best to publish your paperback with all images in high quality, but when publishing that same book for the Kindle version, it will be wise to compress the images to help you reduce the file size and make more money.

I'll explain with pictures.

Typing...

3 Likes

Re: Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by iLegendd(m): 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
Picture 1

1 Like

Re: Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by iLegendd(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
In the above images, I uploaded the Kindle book without compression to to enable see the difference when I finally compress it.

Without compressing my images, below are the stats:

1. File size = 1.56MB
2. Deliver price = $0.23
3. Profit 1 = $6.83

Typing...

1 Like

Re: Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by iLegendd(m): 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
Picture 2

1 Like

Re: Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by iLegendd(m): 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
So, I compressed all the images in the document file and converted it to ePub before uploading, but this time, the stats have change to

1. File size = 0.7MB
2. Deliver price = $0.11
3. Profit 2 = $6.92

1 Like

Let's do the math now by subtracting Profit 1 from Profit 2.

Profit 2 (6.93) — Profit 1 (6.82) = 0.9.

Therefore, the compression I did made me gain $0.9 extra in the US store and £0.9 in the UK store.

0.9 Pounds may sound small, but when it accumulates, it's not. So, learn to squeeze out money from your best selling book by some images in the Kindle version — leave the images of paperback version like that — there is no need to compress them.

1 Like

Re: Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by iLegendd(m): 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
My income increased from £6.83 to £6.92.

1 Like

Re: Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by Lightway: 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2019
iLegendd:
So, I compressed all the images in the document file and converted it to ePub before uploading, but this time, the stats have change to

1. File size = 0.7MB
2. Deliver price = $0.11
3. Profit 2 = $6.92

What tool did you use to compress the book

Modified

You said you modified the images before posting... What tool did you use?
Re: Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by iLegendd(m): 11:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
Lightway:

What tool did you use to compress the book

Modified

You said you modified the images before posting... What tool did you use?

Use the snipping tool in your PC.
Re: Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by itzzkhaliii(m): 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
The boss always on track,greetings from this side we still they observe from far
Re: Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by iLegendd(m): 12:15am On Nov 12, 2019
itzzkhaliii:

The boss always on track,greetings from this side we still they observe from far

You're on point. Observation is part of learning.

2 Likes

Re: Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by itzzkhaliii(m): 12:18am On Nov 12, 2019
iLegendd:

You're on point. Observation is part of learning.
person wey no get tool wetin man go do,na only battery they hinder me from putting it into practice,I still dey..
Re: Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by MisterKings(m): 3:19am On Nov 12, 2019
How does one get started with publishing a book for amazon
Re: Amazon Kindle KDP — Squeezing Out Money by iLegendd(m): 7:45am On Nov 12, 2019
MisterKings:
How does one get started with publishing a book for amazon

Google and YouTube are your guardian angels.

(1) (Reply)

Commercial Bus For Sale / A Modern 5 Bedroom Duplex Architectural Design / 3 Empty MSC Container Needed Urgently.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.