Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

For The Laughs - PREACHER - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / For The Laughs - PREACHER (303 Views)

American Magazine, "Newsweek" Laughs At Wole Soyinka & Green Card Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

For The Laughs - PREACHER by Nayhomie(f): 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
“If you love God, wave your hands in the air”
“If you love God shout a louder hallelujah”
“If you love God put your right hand on your chest and pray with me”
“If not, don’t bother your life; Let the Devil continue to use you to play soccer.”

These and many other expressions are components of the anthem of my new acquaintance with our love/hate relationship.

Last night, I made the big cut. So the length of my hair was primarily on my mind because one look at the mirror this morning almost brought tears to my eyes. My thoughts in the bus were the different natural methods of making my hair grow long and fast.

The preacher took this unintentional snob personally. “Some people here think God is not their business. Except you are a witch, everyone knows the importance of God in your life. So right now, tell your neighbor ‘Go and change your ways. Serve God’ ”
I smiled at that. I had no idea that my silence had pissed him off so bad. I am not a troublemaker but I wanted him to fret in annoyance at that moment; He called me out and now its showdown.....

Read more at https://chinaomi./2016/09/10/preacher/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Literature And Narrative Papers / Need A 'peng' Book Cover? / NCDC Update (A Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.