Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

Love At 1st Sight - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love At 1st Sight (527 Views)

Love At First Sight / Love At First Heart (new Romantic Thriller) / The Love At Home. See Photos Too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love At 1st Sight by Defavouredkings(m): 1:11am On Nov 12, 2019
I wish I told you I liked you but the circumstance that surrounded how we met- twice- won’t let me.

We were in a special church programme which was held annually to exorcize all the evil spirits in persons present in church. I went to church exhilarated only to discover that mum persuaded me to follow her to church because she felt I had evil spirits In me.

I’m sure she thought that because I exhorted my dad’s younger brother to exhume my dad’s dead body- I still believe someone killed him. He didn’t succumb tho.

It was a 10pm programme tagged, ‘Oh ye evil spirit, my body is not your house.’ The church was sited near a mountain few miles away from our house. It was big and the atmosphere seemed different from other churches I attended- it was my first time there.

On entering the vicinity, it felt as if exhaust fumes was released as the church’s burning incense filled the air. At the right hand of the entrance, there was a small pool. I’m sure it was for baptism of those who were ready to get baptised. Wooden carves of Jesus on the cross was placed at every corner in the church. The church was painted white and roofed with blue roofing sheet. Inside, there were lots of picture frame of Jesus- too much for me to count.

It got me wondering if any of them have seen Jesus and gotten so convinced of his looks to have so many a frame. Looking outside from where I was standing in the church, I saw people on the mountain praying fervently- I wish I can pray the way they did. My quietism that night came into manifestation as I did not want to offend my mother.

‘Now, it’s time to send the evil spirits out,’ the prophet said. Immediately he said that, my mother took a quick glance at me, signalling me with her hand and head to go to the front. It was so annoying. It was an exigency and i wished something that’ll make this moment go’ld happen so fast.

As I stood up from my seat, I imagined how my dad’s spirit would walk into the holy of holies in his white gown. What if it isn’t a gown? What if it is a white suit? What if it is a white shirt, white denim, white sneakers and a white face cap? What if he didn’t even die a saint? He would be dragged into the burning fire in his black gown or black suit or black shirt, black denim, black sneakers and black face cap by one of devil’s agent.

I quickly shook off that thought as I was beginning to laugh to myself. Walking away from my seat, to the middle row with the altar in view, I thought about how my wedding day would be. Beautiful gown, beautiful bouquet, lovely congregation. I imagined how I would gladly sway my butt. I was almost swaying my butt, the church’s bell called back my attention. I walked briskly to the altar to avoid a scornful stare from my mother when next we make an eye contact. You got to the altar before me. It was just the two of us that made our way to the altar.

I looked at you- you didn’t realise I was looking because you seemed focused on the prophet- and I thought you were handsome. I wouldn’t call it love at first sight tho. But I liked you instantly. You looked gentlemanly and calm. What you wore caught my attention too- Denim on denim, an Adidas sneakers and a blue Nike face cap.

The prophet asked you to remove the face cap and you did. He also asked one of the prophetess to give me a cap to cover my hair- I don’t believe in the covering of hair. You offered me yours and I was surprised.  We were asked to go on our knees- we did- as the prophet gave a prayer point and the congregation prayed for us. The prophet ended the prayer by ringing his bell and the church went silent.

FULL STORY: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/love-at-1st-sight/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Disagree With Robert.t Kiyosaki On This / At The Comfort Of Your Home You Can Still Make Extra Money With A Trusted Scheme / Chimamanda Releases New Book ZIKORA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.