Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees (11430 Views)

Hardship: Life Was Better Under Boko Haram - IDPs Threaten To Return To The Bush / Saraki Opens Up On Dumping APC, Says "Don’t Push Me" / Time Will Tell On My Position In APC, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by Prince001(m): 6:49am On Nov 12, 2019
kings09:
APC n PDP r all d same. My people, don't kill urself over their matter oo.

They dine n wine together oo.

Leave politicians to their noise.

Don't kill urself over them

Na soo!please help me tell them oo. how can anyone point out good things about this rogue politician using social amenities as an achievement? Good roads, electricity and so on are just basics things that even local govt can take care of that if theres good governance in Naija.
are we just sleeping or what? Please my people make una wake up ooo.

2 Likes

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by NofiuFade(m): 6:52am On Nov 12, 2019
Lies and lies and more lies, is it not the same lagos road Who do this things to us? How do we get here?

1 Like

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by Bobyro: 6:54am On Nov 12, 2019
The curse in Nigeria is so deep, here we are surviving instead of living... The traffic in Lagos is hell yet some bunch of fools are saying painful lies. Only in Africa can a politician be a tool of making money at the expense of the people and the people still gladly support.

4 Likes

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by meccuno: 6:56am On Nov 12, 2019
Myhusband:
As it is now, Lagos state is not moving forward, not moving backward

The traffic jam he promised to addressed immediately he entered office is still much a big problems in Lagos state. Almost all Lagos roads are bad, no human development

The only thing Sanwoolu and his wife are doing is political project, kicking ball at the stadium and his wife running 100km that won't benefit lagosian

Sanwoolu might be a total disappointment after all
grin
Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by four44: 7:02am On Nov 12, 2019
I hope no be the same Lagos I dey so APC de talk about ooo

2 Likes

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by Kingspin(m): 7:03am On Nov 12, 2019
Welcome to Nigeria where they use mouth to better citizen

2 Likes

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by RemiOAjayi: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2019
Sanwo olu is a disappointment so far perhaps he would be best tomorrow is up to him, one thing is sure everyone would account for his deeds.

1 Like

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by aod1(m): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2019
The APC guy meant that the governor is performing well for their own pocket's growth, does he care if the masses feel the heat? Shebi dey have collect 2k for 4yrs

4 Likes

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by nairavsdollars(f): 7:08am On Nov 12, 2019
Why are Lagosians afraid of trying PDP at least for just four years?

2 Likes

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by Caseless: 7:15am On Nov 12, 2019
sotall:
Lagos has become worse under him
i think they brought him just to serve one term, hence the choice of a below average candidate like him.

1 Like

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:15am On Nov 12, 2019
Sanwo Olu is not prepared
Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by anochuko01(m): 7:23am On Nov 12, 2019
AryaSand:
Eez like pe APC is mad.
Ibile! Ayiiiiiiii!!! grin
Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by chukwuibuipob: 7:24am On Nov 12, 2019
Ebubenwa042:
His doing great
probably in his house/bedroom not the Lagos road.We're waiting for afta dWe'rein season b4 we drag him
Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by anochuko01(m): 7:26am On Nov 12, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Why are Lagosians afraid of trying PDP at least for just four years?
I still feel Lagos PDP get their salary from tinubu. Very unserious lots. No one knows where agbaje is now o, wait till it's 2023.... Man would wake from hibernation.

2 Likes

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by nopsman1: 7:26am On Nov 12, 2019
Black Friday Deal alert.
Kindly send a WhatsApp message to 07064222479 for enquiries and order placement
Sameday delivery within Lagos.

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by AmuDimpka: 7:26am On Nov 12, 2019
Terrible mindset of lies
Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by emerged01(m): 7:27am On Nov 12, 2019
....That man has not performed a bit.
Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by spokesboy: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2019
MetaPhysical:
There was nothing wrong with Lagos...the Party leaders were the ones suffering from hernia.

Didn't Sanwo Olu just release over 1trillion budget last week? Of course the hernia pressure has gone down. grin
Illiterate spotted! So reading and presenting a budget is now tantamount to releasing 1trillion? Nawa o shocked

2 Likes

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by lagdmark(m): 7:37am On Nov 12, 2019
Jamesbiodun:
Sanwo Olu is not prepared
When one Baron select a governor without any agenda and plan and forced it only his people what do you expect.

1 Like

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by hush15: 7:40am On Nov 12, 2019
bilulu:
When a foreigner hears this he’ll think the state has evolved not knowing it keeps decaying.... Anyway If Lagosians say their land and lives re better under him; who am I to say otherwise?

Who are we to complain, abi now
Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by valarmorghulis: 7:43am On Nov 12, 2019
I also disagree with APC, apc is becoming too comfortable in Lagos
Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by hush15: 7:46am On Nov 12, 2019
hisexcellency34:
The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have disagreed over the performance of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu since his assumption of office six months ago.

While the APC, which is the ruling party in the state, described the governor as a great performer who has made the state better than he met it, the opposition PDP said his performance has been abysmal while there is breakdown in all facets of governance in the state.

Speaking with Daily Independent on Sunday, Alhaji Tunde Balogun, the party chairman in the state, said he is proud of Sanwo-Olu’s performance because he had turned the fortunes of the state around within the short period he had spent in office.

He specifically commended the governor for various road rehabilitations across the state, saying majority of Lagosians who were complaining of bad roads were now happy with the ongoing rehabilitation work.

“Of course, I am very proud of his performance. He has been a great performer. Given the little time he has spent in office, he has been able to turn a lot of things around.

“Let’s talk about the infrastructure. The first challenge we had was about the traffic management and transportation in the state. In that aspect, he has been wonderful.

“Before, most people were complaining about bad roads, but now all those things are now things of the past because most roads are motorable now. He has managed the traffic situation well.

“What he did was to highlight the areas where we have bottlenecks and traffic gridlocks and address them one by one. Go round those areas today, you will find out that those potholes are no more except in few places and, in time, all those ones will be no more.

“The rains hindered him from doing a lot of road projects but we are happy now that the rain has reduced and he has been doing a lot. He has made Lagos better for all of us and has justified the mandate freely given to him by the people of Lagos,” he said.

However, speaking with Daily Independent, Taofik Gani, the Publicity Secretary of PDP in Lagos State, said contrary to Balogun’s claim, Sanwo-Olu’s performance so far had demonstrated that he was ill-prepared for governance.

According to him, “I am never impressed and no one with progressive mind would be comfortable with his abysmal delivery so far.

“Lagos has never had it so retrogressive in governance. There is breakdown in all facets of governance, yet the state is continually being ploughed into geometrically increasing needless debts. By the time Sanwo-Olu exits, he will go down as the governor of Lagos State who incurred the highest debt.

“He is obviously ill-prepared and hurriedly flaunted to deny (Akinwunmi) Ambode a second term. Again, he is the only governor of Lagos State who never prepared for it until less than five months to the general election. This is the only alibi for him.”

Also speaking on Sanwo-Olu’s rejection of ‘His Excellency’ appellation, the PDP said it was an admission by the governor that he was unworthy of the title.

“Hence, as an honourable person, we expected that he should be open to Lagosians and admit disillusionment. Recently, he was reported as declaring that he should not be referred to as His Excellency. To us his reason for declaring that is diversionary. The truth is, he is not a pass candidate not to talk of excellent.

“Indeed, the recent declaration by the governor not to be addressed as ‘His Excellency’ is a clear loss of confidence arising from the very abysmal performance of the governor which Lagosians have loudly condemned.

“To us, the governor is aware that he is only being flattered to be addressed as His Excellency.
https://www.independent.ng/apc-pdp-disagree-over-sanwo-olus-performance/

This I why this country is so discouraging. Imagine this kind of statement:

“Of course, I am very proud of his performance. He has been a great performer. Given the little time he has spent in office, he has been able to turn a lot of things around."
Which little time... He has only four years, is that one so much time either?

Neway, for those of us that wants option! I have a name for you: Babatunde Olalere Gbadamosi aka BOG for Lagos 2023. When the platform on which to contest is ready, I will mention but pls, if after 20yrs in Lagos, one eeddiioott can still mention given the little time, only a fool will continue to remain in the clutches

1 Like

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by almarthins(m): 7:46am On Nov 12, 2019
hisexcellency34:
The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have disagreed over the performance of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu since his assumption of office six months ago.

While the APC, which is the ruling party in the state, described the governor as a great performer who has made the state better than he met it, the opposition PDP said his performance has been abysmal while there is breakdown in all facets of governance in the state.

Speaking with Daily Independent on Sunday, Alhaji Tunde Balogun, the party chairman in the state, said he is proud of Sanwo-Olu’s performance because he had turned the fortunes of the state around within the short period he had spent in office.

He specifically commended the governor for various road rehabilitations across the state, saying majority of Lagosians who were complaining of bad roads were now happy with the ongoing rehabilitation work.

“Of course, I am very proud of his performance. He has been a great performer. Given the little time he has spent in office, he has been able to turn a lot of things around.

“Let’s talk about the infrastructure. The first challenge we had was about the traffic management and transportation in the state. In that aspect, he has been wonderful.

“Before, most people were complaining about bad roads, but now all those things are now things of the past because most roads are motorable now. He has managed the traffic situation well.

“What he did was to highlight the areas where we have bottlenecks and traffic gridlocks and address them one by one. Go round those areas today, you will find out that those potholes are no more except in few places and, in time, all those ones will be no more.

“The rains hindered him from doing a lot of road projects but we are happy now that the rain has reduced and he has been doing a lot. He has made Lagos better for all of us and has justified the mandate freely given to him by the people of Lagos,” he said.

However, speaking with Daily Independent, Taofik Gani, the Publicity Secretary of PDP in Lagos State, said contrary to Balogun’s claim, Sanwo-Olu’s performance so far had demonstrated that he was ill-prepared for governance.

According to him, “I am never impressed and no one with progressive mind would be comfortable with his abysmal delivery so far.

“Lagos has never had it so retrogressive in governance. There is breakdown in all facets of governance, yet the state is continually being ploughed into geometrically increasing needless debts. By the time Sanwo-Olu exits, he will go down as the governor of Lagos State who incurred the highest debt.

“He is obviously ill-prepared and hurriedly flaunted to deny (Akinwunmi) Ambode a second term. Again, he is the only governor of Lagos State who never prepared for it until less than five months to the general election. This is the only alibi for him.”

Also speaking on Sanwo-Olu’s rejection of ‘His Excellency’ appellation, the PDP said it was an admission by the governor that he was unworthy of the title.

“Hence, as an honourable person, we expected that he should be open to Lagosians and admit disillusionment. Recently, he was reported as declaring that he should not be referred to as His Excellency. To us his reason for declaring that is diversionary. The truth is, he is not a pass candidate not to talk of excellent.

“Indeed, the recent declaration by the governor not to be addressed as ‘His Excellency’ is a clear loss of confidence arising from the very abysmal performance of the governor which Lagosians have loudly condemned.

“To us, the governor is aware that he is only being flattered to be addressed as His Excellency.
https://www.independent.ng/apc-pdp-disagree-over-sanwo-olus-performance/

Apc eh!
Which is lagos dey better under sanwo?
Lagos is bcoming dirtier.

All those agencies wey no dey work at all, na only wen dey hear say governor is passing this way. Dem go come dey do eye service.

80percent of lagos's gutter is now fully blocked with pet bottles and nylons. Sanwo is only paying dem dem.

2 Likes

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by FakeManna: 8:01am On Nov 12, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Me myself and i also disagrees with that statement
[/s]
Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 12, 2019
slysdesign:
Well... its very clear... in Nigeria.. its APC or PDP. Which wouldnt be a bad thing if they were not both one and the same. Power drunk band of misfits

Govt of the people for the people. You can criticize all you want but the reality is that a govt is ALWAYS a reflection of it's people. It's fast dawning on some people that the real problem with Nigeria is that Maybe Nigerians deep down are not good people!!!!

3 Likes

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by lamideee(f): 8:16am On Nov 12, 2019
Esseite:

sakamanje
Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by akdjr(m): 8:20am On Nov 12, 2019
While I disagree also, Sanwo-Olu is just taking some baby step towards doing things right. But as expected from a party without direction they will always disagree even if the Government help them complete their national Secretariat that the money raised to execute the project was also looted by them.
Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by peeps4u: 8:21am On Nov 12, 2019
BrainBox4N:
APC playing good governance
PDP playing good opposition party.
That's all I just read. Good morning Nigeria.

Promo is On... Check images below

Good governance with all the bad roads in Lagos, high rates of crimes?

I'm not here ssy PDP is better or an angel but saying APC is playing good governance is quite alarming. Maybe your own definition of "good" is different.
Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by majamajic(m): 8:24am On Nov 12, 2019
Lagos roads are getting better under sanwo olu unlike under Ambode

sanwo olu inherited a lot of bad roads and uncompleted projects from Ambode

the issues of flooding he is tackling it well too, our gutters are free these few last months , on daily basis u see men inside gutters doing great jobs there , Ambode never did this

1 Like

Re: APC Says Lagos Has Become Better Under Sanwo-olu, PDP Disagrees by MetaPhysical: 8:28am On Nov 12, 2019
spokesboy:

Illiterate spotted! So reading and presenting a budget is now tantamount to releasing 1trillion? Nawa o shocked

grin grin grin
We are talking of Lagos politics, not your village council gathering.

Go and read the Governors statement on the budget and the projected revenue, there is deficit of over 90billion. After allocation the performance is going to be worse than the deficit. Lobbyists were not happy when Ambode was Governor....they couldn't reach him! They can reach Sanwo....their hernia is healing.... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio / Liberian President Suspends Son From Office / Nigeria To Dredge Calabar Port To Accommodate Large Vessels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.