Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job (11641 Views)

5 Habits That Will Increase Your Chances Of Landing A Job / Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? / 4 Attitudes That Can Increase Your Chances Of Landing The Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:44am On Nov 12, 2019
The world contains over 7 billion people. Chances are, at least 7 persons are aspiring for what you are aspiring for. Resources ( jobs) are scarce, hence there is the need to allocate the limited resources to the one that can utilize them the most.

Every industry has its own rules, jargon and guidelines. It is proper for you to acquaint yourself with the little etiquette that job interviews require. This might be the only distinguishing factor between you and the person sitting next to you at the interview.

Thank God your application has been considered. You have been applying with little or no success. The call to interview is an opportunity to show the employer that you are what you said on paper and much more. However, little things could jeopardize your chance of securing the job.

Employers usually have tons of applications to go through every now and then. Some of whom are more qualified than you. Hence, they are looking for means to cut down the stress.

In addition, the work environment is different from the normal environment you are acquainted with. Certain behavioral patterns have to be shown. Since the interviewers do not reside with you before now, the only way they could identify these desired traits is what they can see during the interviews.

Some interview etiquette

1. Calmness: There is the temptation to be hypersensitive during interviews. Your adrenaline could betray you sometimes and make your anxiety very palpable. But what you need above all else is your calmness. This will ensure that you don’t knock off the water during the interview. It also present a sense of maturity and makes it difficult for the interviewers to read your weaknesses.

2. Be a polite guest: Have you ever see a situation where someone comes to your house for the first time and started rearranging your house for you? It does happen; and that is a trait of a rude guest. Be careful not to be a commando in the interview room. Do not sit until you are asked to do so. And remember to thank them afterwards. Do not remove your smelly shoes in the interview room for any reason. Laugh with them if they throw some jokes your way. Put on a calm and polite disposition-they don’t care about the fact that you were jobless for years. Be a polite guest.

3. Avoid lies: Have you ever met some terrible liars? They are liars and they are stupid at the same time. Imagine someone telling you she has a Ph.D in English and cannot express herself in the simplest term in same. Do not lie to your interviewers. Some of them have interviewed so many people and they literally know what you would say next. A lady lost a job just because she said she could play chess. The interviewer brought out chess, gave her the black pieces and asked her to play first. She did and she lost the job. Be honest and be yourself.

4. Dress for the occasion: Ever heard the saying “dress the way you want to be addressed?” Well, it is almost a universal truth. Dressing scores you high at the interviews. However, you don’t have to put on luxury cloths. All you need to do is dress simple and smart.

Follow these simple guidelines and land yourself the job of your dream.

https://patrickokunima.com/job-interview-etiquette-4-attitudes-that-can-boost-your-chances-of-landing-the-job/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:46am On Nov 12, 2019
Add yours.
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by nony43(m): 7:44am On Nov 13, 2019
You created a thread and you are the first to comment, Buhari is watching you

5 Likes

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by livebyday(m): 7:44am On Nov 13, 2019
[s]
PatrickOkunima:

https://patrickokunima.com/job-interview-etiquette-4-attitudes-that-can-boost-your-chances-of-landing-the-job/

[/s]
More trash

Before you go for the interview call your contact who must be C-Level namely like the CEO, Chief people manager , General Manager Human resources, Executive director human resources etc

Your call should go something like this
"Good morning sir /ma, I hope you slept well ? I just wanted to tell you I was called for an interview today o .. to .... Company so I want to thank you for recommending me "
Trust me this person will say "don't worry my dear just go there ehn? And let me know how it goes .. how is your daddy and mummy ? ... You will.answerr they are fine.
then end the call "

If you like walk into the interview and answer every question wrongly you will still get the job!!!

I have seen this happen in Citi group, Conoil, Globacom, MTN, Zenith, Chevron, LNG, Sahara group , Diamond bank PLC, Danone, Nestle, Friesland etc

Anyone telling you knowing people doesn't give you the job is a joker

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by 1000LIKES(m): 7:45am On Nov 13, 2019
1. Know the boss
2. Know the boss
3. Know the boss
4. Just know the boss

4 Likes

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by YorubaPrince: 7:45am On Nov 13, 2019
As an experienced Finance Professional, Instructor and Manager >8yrs with a Global fortune 10 Corp. I've been involved in several interviews as a candidate and also employer. cool

Buff and pad up ur stories, theories, and analysis as long as you can strategically validate and back it up! cool

1 Like

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 13, 2019
Without lies you can pass a Nigerian interview . Do you tell your employer you took no leadership role in uni or nysc. No job for you

1 Like

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by ultimate77(m): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

I have had only 2 interview invitations and i got the both. Though i naturally keep to f all you listed but i doubt if they are the reason i got the jobs.
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by Wasky101: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2019
Ok
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by IvarTheBoneless: 7:49am On Nov 13, 2019
angry

BE BOLD. Show no fear. See my interview at NNPC.

Note : I didn't want the job... My guardian forced me to the interview.

Boss : "Tell me what you got ?"

Me : " Your wife's p*ssy on my breath"

Boss : " No one has ever talked to me like that"

Me : "That's because their mouths were full with her box"

Boss : " You got guts... you are hired"

Me : " Shiit" undecided

4 Likes

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by ultimate77(m): 7:50am On Nov 13, 2019
livebyday:
[s][/s]

More trash

Before you go for the interview call your contact who must be C-Level namely like the CEO, Chief people manager , General Manager Human resources, Executive director human resources etc

"Good morning sir /ma, I hope you slept well ? I just wanted to tell you I was called for an interview today o .. to .... Company so I want to thank you for recommending me "

Some of these people you have mentioned are big disasters when you contact them. just do your thing. to work for a particular organization no be by force.
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by livebyday(m): 7:51am On Nov 13, 2019
[s][quote author=ultimate77 post=83980327]
Some of these people you have mentioned are big disasters when you contact them. just do your thing. to work for a particular organization no be by force.[/quote[/s]]

Sorry you didn't know any of them , you know an ordinary hr manager

Next time know the right person
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by stanley000: 7:54am On Nov 13, 2019
was reading an article the other day and 40% of job seekers claim to have landed a good job after a facial plastic surgery, this survey was in USA and it got me thinking, looks might play a bigger role in landing a good job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by ultimate77(m): 7:58am On Nov 13, 2019
livebyday:
[s]
Lol... What are you replying to?
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by Bewiseedet(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2019
Wallahi na true.
livebyday:
[s][/s]
More trash

Trust me this person will say "don't worry my dear just go there ehn? And let me know how it goes .. how is your daddy and mummy ? ... You will.answerr they are fine then end the
call "

If you like walk into the interview and and answer wrongly to all the questions you will get the job

I have seen this happen in Citi group, Conoil, Globacom, MTN, Zenith, Chevron, LNG, Sahara group , Diamond bank PLC, Danone, Nestle, Friesland

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by Crazytrump(m): 8:00am On Nov 13, 2019
Done all this and still haven't landed any job...God should just help us all

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 13, 2019
livebyday:
[s][/s]
More trash

Trust me this person will say "don't worry my dear just go there ehn? And let me know how it goes .. how is your daddy and mummy ? ... You will.answerr they are fine then end the
call "

If you like walk into the interview and and answer wrongly to all the questions you will get the job

I have seen this happen in Citi group, Conoil, Globacom, MTN, Zenith, Chevron, LNG, Sahara group , Diamond bank PLC, Danone, Nestle, Friesland

A friend of mine was high on weed before going for a job interview, they picked only 2 people among the multitude of people who came that day and he was one of them solely because he knew the branch manager and the other person knew the state coordinate. Let's pray for connect. He has being there till date, he didn't even study anything related to the job post.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by megl: 8:02am On Nov 13, 2019
D
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by Rapsodee(m): 8:05am On Nov 13, 2019
Being calm and a polite guest is important
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by SleekyP(m): 9:10am On Nov 13, 2019
true story undecided
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by mexioni(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2019
I disagree with you on no 3, at times you need to lie at the interview to convince ur employers, sebi they want smart and hardworking people, tell them what u have done in the past in your former place of work, u think they have time to go ask questions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by Ajibade123(m): 9:27am On Nov 13, 2019
See 8 ultimate ways to get the job without experience https://explicitsuccess.com/8-ultimate-secrets-get-a-job-without-experience/
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by Egalitarian1: 10:51am On Nov 13, 2019
livebyday:
[s][/s]
More trash

Trust me this person will say "don't worry my dear just go there ehn? And let me know how it goes .. how is your daddy and mummy ? ... You will.answerr they are fine.
then end the call "

If you like walk into the interview and answer every question wrongly you will still get the job!!!

I have seen this happen in Citi group, Conoil, Globacom, MTN, Zenith, Chevron, LNG, Sahara group , Diamond bank PLC, Danone, Nestle, Friesland etc

Hahahahahaha
Abeg my Belle oo! I just couldn't hold back my laughter especially the "how is your daddy and mummy? And you will answer they are fine"

1 Like

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by renewable1(m): 11:29am On Nov 13, 2019
You fink so? Huh?

Affordable solar combo to power your TV, decoder, sound system and fan for 8hours daily... Check my signature now
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by GREATESTPIANIST: 12:11pm On Nov 13, 2019
1000LIKES:
1. Know the boss
2. Know the boss
3. Know the boss
4. Just know the boss
Boss oshi Wo, get connected to God,
Get connected to God, cus when you makeGod ur no1 connection, all oda connections fall in place

3 Likes

Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by livebyday(m): 12:30pm On Nov 13, 2019
Egalitarian1:

Hahahahahaha
Abeg my Belle oo! I just couldn't hold back my laughter especially the "how is your daddy and mummy? And you will answer they are fine"

Abi na lie ?

Ask anyone who works in Deloitte how those who have a personal relationship with my mentor chief adeniyi Williams got in there

All these career advise are trash
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by llade(m): 1:52pm On Nov 13, 2019
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by Warith007(m): 2:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
Tina26:
Without lies you can pass a Nigerian interview . Do you tell your employer you took no leadership role in uni or nysc. No job for you
Are you saying it not right to mention your leadership experience? If you have one
Re: 4 Interview Etiquette To Boost Your Chances Of Landing The Job by Airoflaw(m): 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
nony43:
You created a thread and you are the first to comment, Buhari is watching you
this is hate speech punishable by death grin

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Research A Company Before The Job Interview / N-Power: Second Payment Processing / Work As A Freelancer, Boundless Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.