Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu (1946 Views)

Tinubu: Peter Obi Denied Jesus Christ Three Times In The Bible (Video) / Three Times Nigerians Forced Buhari To Speak On Burning Issues In 2020 / FG Offices To Open Three Times Weekly From Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Metrixnews: 9:47am On Nov 12, 2019
Following criticisms that have trailed the non completion of Osisioma flyover by the Abia state governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, the state government has finally explained the challenges faced in bridge construction.

Speaking with newsmen, Governor Ikpeazu revealed that the cost of bridge construction differs from one geographical location to another.

He said in Ebonyi, the Governor only needs to do a stanchion for a flyover while in Abia, he will do 25 metres before he can erect a stanchion, which is almost the cost of three.

"The other thing that people don’t know is that what it takes to do a flyover in Lagos is different from what it takes to do a flyover in Zamfara. Even as close as I am, in terms of geography to Ebonyi; Ebonyi will do stanchion for a flyover. But I will do 25 metres before I can erect a stanchion, which is almost the cost of three. But my brother and friend in Ebonyi can do three flyovers with what it will cost me to do one. But that’s where I have found myself. Geography defines us as a people" he said.

Governor Ikpeazu also emphasized that all the access roads in Aba are courtesy of his hard work since he came on board in 2015.

He said, "Today, I can say that all the access roads you have into Aba are courtesy of our hard work between 2015 and now. Tonimas is accessible, Fox Road is accessible from both ends, despite the fact that Setraco is yet to hand over the road to us because they still have one or two things to do. I understand that some parts have developed a problem because there is an intersection leading to another road, leading to Osusu Road, which is a road that one of my predecessors in office commissioned three times, and yet when I went to start work on the road, I met a plantain tree in the middle of it. We are taking time to do the drainage on the road, but my joy is that whenever I take a stroll around there, I see old women praying for me and saying that with what they have seen already, they are sure the road I’m giving them will not collapse in their lifetime.

Source: https://www.abnews247.com/2019/11/abia-spends-three-times-what-ebonyi-spends-to-build-one-bridge-ikpeazu/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2019
Will you shut up idiot governor,and stop measuring your prick. What have you done to Abia state ? See his head like elephant

7 Likes

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by johnmartus(m): 9:56am On Nov 12, 2019
I just dey laff at these two rogue cheesy cheesy kerosne vs poultry.
Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Peacecore: 10:02am On Nov 12, 2019
Let's wait n c how PDP e_rats(aka wailers) will defend him dis time n blame bello n buhari for non performance of their beloved n best gov. of d yr

1 Like

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by omenka(m): 10:06am On Nov 12, 2019
Alaniyiokorausa:
Will you shut up idiot governor,and stop measuring your prick. What have you done to Abia state ? See his head like elephant
Rotflmao. cheesy

You're taking it too personal. If you had a governor like Prtom, what would you have done? This man is probably hundred times better than Ortom.

1 Like

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 12, 2019
Ebonyi 1 stachion....Abia 3 stanchion..
Stanchion Stanchion stanchion.
Oya ndi Abia pray that God will provide stanchion to finish Osisioma flyover...

Ndi ara n'abu...

3 Likes

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Peacecore: 10:22am On Nov 12, 2019
omenka:
Rotflmao. cheesy

You're taking it too personal. If you had a governor like Prtom, what would you have done? This man is probably hundred times better than Ortom.
That's Ortomatic in our brothers' voice few month ago
Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by ORIENTATION101: 10:35am On Nov 12, 2019
An oil producing state cannot complete a single flyover for 4 yearscheesycheesy owing more than 12 months salary 24 months pension grin

If ikpeazu won landslide .I think yeye Bello too can pull through

8 Likes

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by megacity: 10:38am On Nov 12, 2019
A fool will be considered wise if he shuts his trap
Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 12, 2019
- Federal allocation of Ebonyi and Abia are likewise not same...
- IGR of Abia and Ebonyi are not same aswell...

What really is your point Sir?

This may just be the Governor seeking excuse for failure.

5 Likes

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Mrmoore14(m): 11:03am On Nov 12, 2019
Nigerians will never learn, I have worked as a construction worker in aba and I understand exactly wat this man is saying.... the cost of construction varies frm locations..... in frm edo and I'm not trying to justify him but the man is real trying!!
Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Ttipsy(f): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2019
coming from a confused governor

u spend huge and u can't finish osisioma flyover for 4 years now.. all major roads in Aba are nightmare.

No need to compare Ebonyi,, Ebonyi is not ur mate in terms of infrastructure
Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Ttipsy(f): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2019
Mrmoore14:
Nigerians will never learn, I have worked as a construction worker in aba and I understand exactly wat this man is saying.... the cost of construction varies frm locations..... in frm edo and I'm not trying to justify him but the man is real trying!!
trying where?? lol, trying indeed

1 Like

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by fergie001: 11:11am On Nov 12, 2019
I have absolutely no comment on this nonsense I just read...
Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by IGBOSON1: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
An oil producing state cannot complete a single flyover for 4 yearscheesycheesy owing more than 12 months salary 24 months pension grin

If ikpeazu won landslide .I think yeye Bello too can pull through

Leave 'oil producing state' out of the equation, because it has little or no effect on the economies of Abia and Imo due to the removal of high yielding oil fields from their states to neighbouring rivers state! This of course doesn't take away from the fact Abia and Imo have been terribly managed even with the opportunities they presently have!

2 Likes

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:16am On Nov 12, 2019
But my brother and friend in Ebonyi can do three flyovers with what it will cost me to do one. But that’s where I have found myself. Geography defines us as a people" he said.

Agreed Mr. Governor. Can you now show us the only one you completed with the cost of three?
Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by sweetonugbu: 11:25am On Nov 12, 2019
Failure personified

2 Likes

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Ojiofor: 11:46am On Nov 12, 2019
Peacecore:
Let's wait n c how PDP e_rats(aka wailers) will defend him dis time n blame bello n buhari for non performance of their beloved n best gov. of d yr

Have you ever seen anybody defending thief Ikpeazu?
If you find any Igbo man hyping Victor Failure Okezie Ikpeazu that person must be his PA like Ponponkon,I am one of his biggest critic on this platform and I am from Abia state.

4 Likes

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Ojiofor: 11:48am On Nov 12, 2019
Chai...Okezie Failure Ikpeazu have no plans to finish that flyover.What a shame to Ndi Ngwa and Abia state in general.

1 Like

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Officialcartel(m): 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2019
Issorite

1 Like

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by contigiency(m): 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
But the Ebonyi state governor has finished three since last year and he is doing the 4th one, yet you have not even done one. Oga governor you have no excuse.

4 Likes

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by contigiency(m): 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2019
Mrmoore14:

If you go to Aba and say that the man is trying, I can assure you that you will hardly come out alive.

1 Like

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2019
contigiency:

If you go to Aba and say that the man is trying, I can assure you that you will hardly come out alive.

Nothing will happen to him.
Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Anambralstson: 3:41pm On Nov 12, 2019
It's cheap to use granite in Ebonyi unlike other eastern States, all the granites use for roads constructions and others comes from Ebonyi state.

4 Likes

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by IGBOSON1: 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2019
Officialcartel:
Issorite

See Abakaliki looking like London! shocked

1 Like

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by IGBOSON1: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2019
contigiency:

But i thought Aba (Ngwa) are his people and fell over themselves to vote for him all in the name of ‘it is our turn’!? undecided

1 Like

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by thundafire: 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2019
Nigeria politicians with lies hmmmmm but u are blind to dey roads in aba
Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
Officialcartel:
Issorite

Very fine....

But this picture has been recycled over 1000 times on social media both day and night view.
Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Multiplier7(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2019
This man must go and wash his mouth for mentioning and comparing Ebonyi with that death trap road Abia.

Have he gone to Ebonyi before. That place is really awesome this day. Many states should emulate Ebonyi state on how to build bridges. Bridges that you will be passing and it will be like you should go and lie down and sleep under it.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2019
Multiplier7:
This man must go and wash his mouth for mentioning and comparing Ebonyi with that death trap road Abia.

Have he gone to Ebonyi before. That place is really awesome this day. Many states should emulate Ebonyi state on how to build bridges. Bridges that you will be passing and it will be like you should go and lie down and sleep under it.

grin grin

Okezie Ikpeazu over to you..
Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Multiplier7(m): 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Very fine....

But this picture has been recycled over 1000 times on social media both day and night view.

grin grin grin

Better thing good o and must be recycled.The bridge he was talking about...

Re: Abia Spends Three Times What Ebonyi Spends To Build One Bridge - Ikpeazu by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2019
Multiplier7:

grin grin grin

Better thing good o and must be recycled.The bridge he was talking about...

I talk am....same picture again.

Very fine...nice and wonderful....

We can rightly say that Ebonyi state is now Mini America...

That's nice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sowore Will Not Be Released Until 2023 / Uzodinma Once Accused Of Forgery & Infecting Godwin Ekenulo's Wife With AIDS / South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.