Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist (1942 Views)

Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi / You Must Unite To Win Elections - Bola Tinubu To Bauchi APC Leaders / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Frankdoz8: 7:05am On Mar 12, 2020
South South does not exist, Igbo, Niger Delta must unite - Urhobo activist, Oraka
Popular Urhobo social media activist, Mr. Magnus Oraka has declared that the South South geopolitical zone does not exist as one of the cardinal points known to geographic and was only created to cause division between the ethnic groups in the Niger Delta and their Igbo brothers in the Southeast.
Oraka who stated this in a video broadcast sent to this correspondent on Tuesday, also argued that those who also say they are Midwest are mistaken, as according to him, such is not in existence.
"If we agree that there are four cardinal points, certainly, an Urhobo man cannot say he from the Northwest; the Urhobo man cannot say he is from the Northeast, and the Urhobo man cannot honestly say he is from the Southwest," Oraka said.
"And those who are claiming Midwest, that mid means middle of something. But if you look at the map of Edo and Delta, is it in the middle of the West?
"It is amazing how we have called have allowed this simple compass nomenclature to be the basis for our division. Those who say they are Midwest, go and look at the map again."
Oraka emphasised that the name South South is bogus, noting that geographically speaking, those who call themselves South South are actually in the Southeast. "Now, there is also the bogus name called South South, which does not exist. I think it was the Ibrahim Babangida government that brought the six geopolitical zones. But you can see that up north, they describe themselves in proper geographical representation, the Northwest and the Northeast. That leaves us with the Southwest and Southeast. So, how can the two remaining zones be divided into South South, Southeast, middle belt and so on?," he wondered.
"If we agree that Southwest is where the Yoruba people are, then how did we get the Southeast, South South and Middle Belt? It is what they brought so that it will become a source of division."
The activist restated his call for synergy between the Igbo and the ethnic groups of the Niger Delta, asking that the seed of discord sowed be uprooted so that the groups can get their liberation.
According to him, "What they did was to pack all major Igbo tribes and call them Southeast, and today, the Igbo man thinks that Southeast represents the Igbo region. But Southeast is just a geopolitical region that comprises even what we call South South. So, when I say that the South South man is from the Southeast, he thinks I'm telling him to become Igbo. I understand the psychology, I used to be a victim of that too. But it's not true. I'm a proud Urhobo man and Urhobo is not second or inferior to anybody. What I'm saying is that we should come together."
He however, noted he could not be part of any organisation that "lacks the ability to be consultative," without mentioning the name of the organisation.

4 Likes

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Nwodosis(m): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2020
grin Igbos are made to be believed as the problem/enemies of the country, time has made many to know the actual tribe that is the problem/enemy of the country.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by helinues: 7:07am On Mar 12, 2020
sad
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Citytrend: 7:10am On Mar 12, 2020
Makes small sense. But not in this generation of Divide and Rule Politicians.

4 Likes

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by hammerU: 7:36am On Mar 12, 2020
A real Urhobo man, not the nairaland fake ones like efewestern.

We thank God for the real Urhobo men out there. We know they are in the majority.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by gidgiddy: 7:42am On Mar 12, 2020
The constitution of Nigeria does not recognize anything or anywhere called South South or South East

10 Likes

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Cyberterror: 7:45am On Mar 12, 2020
gidgiddy:
The constitution of Nigeria does not recognize anything or anywhere called South South or South East
Neither does it recognize secession by any group or component within it.

6 Likes

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 12, 2020
grin grin

Somehow, I know this is going to be Yoruba's fault.

Wait for it, they are coming...in 3...2...1...

3 Likes

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by jen4r: 7:55am On Mar 12, 2020
na today we know this, the sun will definitely and surely shine........

1 Like

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Officialgarri: 7:57am On Mar 12, 2020
I think it was the Ibrahim Babangida government that brought the six geopolitical zones
It was Abacha that brought the zones. However, geopolitical zones are not based on geographic locations, rather it was based on ethnic similarities

And I agree with Abacha that the zoning was done fairly. How do I mean?
There are two protectorates ; North and South.
Each protectorates were divided into 3 zones.

It is left for the southern zones to unite, instead of causing further division by declaring biafran secession or ijaw secession.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Sammy07: 7:58am On Mar 12, 2020
Lol..
South south self never unite. undecided
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by agulion: 8:03am On Mar 12, 2020
Very good talk, God bless you my brother, on uninated South we stand
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 12, 2020
hammerU:

We thank God for the real Urhobo men out there. We know they are in the majority.
lol, while the senator representing the entire urhobo nation just proposed a bill to beg for unity
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Area4Area: 9:05am On Mar 12, 2020
Officialgarri:

It was Abacha that brought the zones. However, geopolitical zones are not based on geographic locations, rather it was based on ethnic similarities

It is left for the southern zones to unite, instead of causing further division by declaring biafran secession or ijaw secession.
See them jubilating over a piece of news with no source and forming political analyst.

You and the person you quoted are wrong about the zoning, it was late Alex Ekwueme and his group that divided the country into the 6 geopolitical groups.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/ekwueme-strong-pillar-national-development-yakasai/

3 Likes

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Area4Area: 9:13am On Mar 12, 2020
Cyberterror:
Thanks for giving him that, people like him have been begging for the SS to form their Biafra with them.
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by SoNature(m): 9:40am On Mar 12, 2020
hammerU:

I am still wondering why you guys are fighting so hard to get attached to the South South

If you say that Igbos are ingenious, what do we need them for?

As far as I am concerned, the fight for a better Nigeria is worthwhile than separation

3 Likes

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Officialgarri: 10:13am On Mar 12, 2020
Area4Area:
See them jubilating over a piece of news with no source and forming political analyst.

You and the person you quoted are wrong about the zoning, it was late Alex Ekwueme and his group that divided the country into the 6 geopolitical groups.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/ekwueme-strong-pillar-national-development-yakasai/
You can read but you lack understanding. Even the link you posted talked about zoning and rotation which is a normal thing in politics even in University politics.
But here we are talking about division into geopolitical zones. Did Alex create the zones?
Don't be quick to engage in matters you lack understanding of.

Here is to help you...

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by selemempe: 10:27am On Mar 12, 2020
SoNature:

I am still wondering why you guys are fighting so hard to get attached to the South South

As far as I am concerned, the fight for a better Nigeria is worthwhile than separation
good luck fighting for a better Nigeria with 270 very different angry tribes with Islamic, Christian and traditional believes

3 Likes

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Eteka1(m): 10:37am On Mar 12, 2020
Trash
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 12, 2020
Nwodosis:
grin Igbos are made to be believed as the problem/enemies of the country, time has made many to know the actual tribe that is the problem/enemy of the country.
MANY still don't know yet, until FULL AGENDA sweeps in

1 Like

Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Area4Area: 11:16am On Mar 12, 2020
Officialgarri:

You can read but you lack understanding. Even the link you posted talked about zoning and rotation which is a normal thing in politics even in University politics.
But here we are talking about division into geopolitical zones. Did Alex create the zones?

Here is to help you...
Who suggested the geopolitical zones and when was it now being now applied, was it during the time of Abacha as you said?
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by mrvitalis(m): 11:52am On Mar 12, 2020
Officialgarri:

Why must we be one Nigeria ? Why
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by mrvitalis(m): 11:54am On Mar 12, 2020
SoNature:

Access to sea that's all ...if niger Delta republic decide to go same time with igbos fine

Niger Delta can't be under Nigeria and igbos leave nah won't happen
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by gidgiddy: 12:06pm On Mar 12, 2020
Cyberterror:

But it does recognise the right of any group or any component to "agitate" for seperation
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by holicupp(m): 12:23pm On Mar 12, 2020
is like e don dey clear for every body eye small small we will get there by God grace
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by ObaOduaa: 1:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
grin grin

Somehow, I know this is going to be Yoruba's fault.

Wait for it, they are coming...in 3...2...1...
[/s]
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by ObaOduaa: 1:48pm On Mar 12, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

[/s]
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by Area4Area: 1:50pm On Mar 12, 2020
mrvitalis:

Access to sea that's all ...if niger Delta republic decide to go same time with igbos fine

[b]Niger Delta can't be under Nigeria [/b]and igbos leave nah won't happen
when did you consult them and they told you so?
What am I saying sef, Kanu said worse and where is he?
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by ObaOduaa: 1:55pm On Mar 12, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

Here is to help you...
[/s]
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by mrvitalis(m): 2:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
Area4Area:
when did you consult them and they told you so?
What am I saying sef, Kanu said worse and where is he?
People self ...I asked a question I have u answer now u are talking rubbish
Re: South South Does Not Exist, Igbo And Niger Delta Must Unite - Urhobo Activist by karnivorous(m): 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
on point the ibos and the tribes in the niger-delta region have similar culture and traditions proudly URHOBO

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Are The Results From Edo North? / Yorubas Say “go Back To Your Village”, But Accept Delta Oil / Who Is The Most Intelligent And Innovative Governor In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.