Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

The need to endure and persevere in difficult times. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The need to endure and persevere in difficult times. (393 Views)

Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? / Are The Kids Good Enough Reason To Endure & Stay An Abusive Marriage? / She Stayed With Her Husband Through Difficult Times,Now This Has Happened To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The need to endure and persevere in difficult times. by partnerbizn5(m): 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2019
Life is difficult.
Scott Peck in his book"The Road Less Travelled" agrees; as that was his first sentence.

If you haven't thought about suicide before, it's either you have no big dream or haven't had any serious misfortune.

I still remember the UNN student's suicide note.

"They said they came looking for me. I didn't drown. I was the water"

With the above words, Emeka Akachi left this meaningless world.

The truth is that those who are in pains should endure. Nothing is guaranteed. No one is special. Anyone can die, have an accident or fall sick. You can lose your source of income or money in business. Life is uncertain.

St Augustine says that Grace does not prevent pains but gives the victim, the resilience to bear it.

In his book, "Man's Search for Meaning" Frankl V asserts that we may not control what happens to us in life but we can control how we react to it

The world is chaotic and in disarray. Nobody understands how the world works. Bad things can happen to good people. No explanation to this. It's part of the chaos in the world.

Before you finish reading this post, 25 people must have died from complications arising from lack of good water.

137 people commit suicide in the US every day. Yes every single freaking day.

No justice in the world.
A rapist and murderer can marry, have kids and become rich in life. Karma fast asleep.

A thief can steal your corn, plant it and it bears him fruits. Huge harvest. Karma will be sleeping.
No justice, for if there was justice, the earth ought to have known that the corn was stolen, and prevented it from germinating and bearing fruits.

Again, God is not omnipotent in the literal sense. HE is all these while being dressed in borrowed robes.

Don't argue this part if you are shallow or aren't conversant with Aquinas and Augustine's works in this area.

I will stop here before I make some people despondent.

Search for knowledge and meaning has dealt with me shaa. At times, I wish I could unlearn...
.It's well!

2 Likes

Re: The need to endure and persevere in difficult times. by Izzyovercomer: 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2019
Life sha. I now understood the meaning of depression. Depression is really a deadly disease.

Time heals.
Re: The need to endure and persevere in difficult times. by graciamore(f): 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2019
Depresion is real.. Is just God and prayers that helps pull true
Re: The need to endure and persevere in difficult times. by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2019
Life is truly difficult especially if you weren't born with a silver spoon

Hunger is real and depression is real. I have been privileged to experience death and it's not a pleasant experience. I will rather stay alive
Depression real but death is ugly.
I choose beauty, I choose to live

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ogbono Soup With A Twist! / She Needs Our Help On This Matter. / 30 Signs You're In A Toxic Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.