Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

What Do Nigerians Usually Forget But Should Not? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Do Nigerians Usually Forget But Should Not? (292 Views)

I Usually Pretend As Patient To Steal In Hospitals – Suspect / Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? / Why Are Criminals Usually Given Last Meal Before They Get Executed ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do Nigerians Usually Forget But Should Not? by Yusfunoble(m): 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2019
By: Victor Dirikebamor

When ever I'm traveling to the far north by road, I usually get to my destination in the middle of the night no matter how early I leave home and the only people I see on the road are mostly soldiers.

While the rest of the country is sleeping... snoring their guts out, these soldiers are out on the road protecting travelers and arresting bad guys.

But how often do we thank them?

How often do we appreciate positive efforts?

We are very quick to judge their misdeeds.

We never fail to vilify them but very slow in appreciation.

The death of 'Lt Col Muhammad Abu-Ali', nicknamed the 'war king' in 2016 while fighting boko haram shocked Nigerians who heard of his good deeds before then.

Abu-Ali was quoted as saying "If anything were to happen to any of his team it should rather happen to him".

He was a fine soldier.

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.

The truth is, there are many more men just like him, who have laid down their lives in service to there country.

While we sleep they are out there in the dark.

When we rise they are still there... Come rain, come sun.

Two of my secondary school mates went to join the army not long ago and presently they are incapacitated, unfortunately for them they were both posted to fight Boko haram.

One is partially blind...they shot one of his eyes out, the other is an amputee.

These are young men with their lives ahead of them but has been reduced to their present state because they chose to serve humanity.

We are angry that a single story is being told about Nigerians yet Nigerians tell a one sided story about their military, their police.

All we see and talk about is how corrupt the police is. We remember only the unnecessary tips they request from us. We remember only the illegal arrest. But most of us feel safe when we see them on the road, because at that moment robbers are likely not going to attack us.

We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.

No doubt, some of them are a disgrace to the country and the uniform they're putting on but having them around us is far better than not having them at all.

Sometimes people make fun of them, of their death.

“Boko haram don kill again o”.

“Soldiers dey die like fowl for North”.

“Militants don carry kill soldiers”.

Forgotten that it's human life we're talking about. They are someone's close relative. Our fellow countrymen. By the way as I'm typing this post:

Some are standing on the road in the bone shattering cold at pankshin in the plateau, some are on the dreaded creeks of the Niger Delta, others are at the scary hills in the West.

Some are chasing criminals, others are in gun battle right now, some might be getting killed right this moment, all in service to our country. while we lie in our warm beds.

It is often said that "in the land of the blind one eye man is the king".

The 'Nigerian military' and the 'Nigerian police' is not the best when it comes to discipline but it is certain that there would be no Nigeria without them! Those who genuinely serve our country deserve our prayers and appreciation.

God Bless Nigeria!!!

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
OAM4J

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-do-Nigerians-usually-forget-but-should-not

Re: What Do Nigerians Usually Forget But Should Not? by ITbomb(m): 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2019
In saner climes, when you are in doubt, the safest option is to ask the police or soldier.
Once you see a soldier, your safety confidence will be higher but in Nigeria, arrival of soldiers is the beginning of pandemonium.
Not to talk of soldiers burning villages with women and children, who does that and expect respect.
No, they want to be feared, not respected, so out of fear, we wish them Boko Haram. Sorry they are your friends
Re: What Do Nigerians Usually Forget But Should Not? by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 08, 2021
Yusfunoble:
By: Victor Dirikebamor

When ever I'm traveling to the far north by road, I usually get to my destination in the middle of the night no matter how early I leave home and the only people I see on the road are mostly soldiers.

While the rest of the country is sleeping... snoring their guts out, these soldiers are out on the road protecting travelers and arresting bad guys.

But how often do we thank them?

How often do we appreciate positive efforts?

We are very quick to judge their misdeeds.

We never fail to vilify them but very slow in appreciation.

The death of 'Lt Col Muhammad Abu-Ali', nicknamed the 'war king' in 2016 while fighting boko haram shocked Nigerians who heard of his good deeds before then.

Abu-Ali was quoted as saying "If anything were to happen to any of his team it should rather happen to him".

He was a fine soldier.

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.

The truth is, there are many more men just like him, who have laid down their lives in service to there country.

While we sleep they are out there in the dark.

When we rise they are still there... Come rain, come sun.

Two of my secondary school mates went to join the army not long ago and presently they are incapacitated, unfortunately for them they were both posted to fight Boko haram.

One is partially blind...they shot one of his eyes out, the other is an amputee.

These are young men with their lives ahead of them but has been reduced to their present state because they chose to serve humanity.

We are angry that a single story is being told about Nigerians yet Nigerians tell a one sided story about their military, their police.

All we see and talk about is how corrupt the police is. We remember only the unnecessary tips they request from us. We remember only the illegal arrest. But most of us feel safe when we see them on the road, because at that moment robbers are likely not going to attack us.

We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.

No doubt, some of them are a disgrace to the country and the uniform they're putting on but having them around us is far better than not having them at all.

Sometimes people make fun of them, of their death.

“Boko haram don kill again o”.

“Soldiers dey die like fowl for North”.

“Militants don carry kill soldiers”.

Forgotten that it's human life we're talking about. They are someone's close relative. Our fellow countrymen. By the way as I'm typing this post:

Some are standing on the road in the bone shattering cold at pankshin in the plateau, some are on the dreaded creeks of the Niger Delta, others are at the scary hills in the West.

Some are chasing criminals, others are in gun battle right now, some might be getting killed right this moment, all in service to our country. while we lie in our warm beds.

It is often said that "in the land of the blind one eye man is the king".

The 'Nigerian military' and the 'Nigerian police' is not the best when it comes to discipline but it is certain that there would be no Nigeria without them! Those who genuinely serve our country deserve our prayers and appreciation.

God Bless Nigeria!!!

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
OAM4J

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-do-Nigerians-usually-forget-but-should-not
.... Believe me you ! Nigerians like BAD NEWS and HATE PROGRESS in any way ! Nigerians are always happy to hear Bad things happening to their Country ? Hate to appreciate good things happening to their Country ! cool cool cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EKEDP And Police Causing Menace At Magbon,badagry Lagos / Police Arrest Six Over Murder Of PDP Women Leader In Kogi / Wife Kills Husband By Squeezing His Manhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.