Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Need Expert Advise! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Need Expert Advise! (913 Views)

I Need Expert Opinion On 08 Camry / Please Advise Me: 2008 Lexus ES350 Or Camry Spider / I Have A Budget Of 800k To 900k, Car Gurus Which Vehicle Do You Advise I Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Expert Advise! by Segloyd(m): 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
Want to change my car and thinking of buying either a 2008-2011 Volvo S60 or 2008-2011 Volkswagen Jetta.
Experts in the house, pls what can you say concerning the 2 cars.
Re: Need Expert Advise! by greggng: 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2019
Segloyd:
Want to change my car and thinking of buying either a 2008-2011 Volvo S60 or 2008-2011 Volkswagen Jetta.

I have nothing to tell you...when you need Toyota ..then I can encourage you to go ahead....I don't know why you should be buying a car that lots of people are running away from...enjoy yourself afterall na your money
Re: Need Expert Advise! by Segloyd(m): 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2019
greggng:

I have nothing to tell you...when you need Toyota ..then I can encourage you to go ahead....I don't know why you should be buying a car that lots of people are running away from...enjoy yourself afterall na your money

Thanks but am not a Toyota person.

1 Like

Re: Need Expert Advise! by Ogbunigwe2018: 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2019
Segloyd:
You only live once.
What doesn't Kill you, makes u tougher

1 Like

Re: Need Expert Advise! by greggng: 8:02pm On Nov 12, 2019
Segloyd:

Thanks but am not a Toyota person.

Then go for Honda the closest brother....also if you 've big money you can now approach Mercedes Benz for a classic car.

1 Like

Re: Need Expert Advise! by pennzo: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
Segloyd:

Substitute Jetta for Passat and go for either of it or the Volvo. Just ensure you engage a very good mechanic. I'd go for the Volvo! Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Need Expert Advise! by MedicH: 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2019
instead of op to justt jejely respect himself and buy a toyota with the rest of mind that comes with it na volvo and jetta de ur mind. very laughable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Expert Advise! by pennzo: 6:43am On Nov 13, 2019
There's nothing laughable about it. He has said he is not a Toyota person. People have preferences. The rest of mind you claim is only psychological and maybe economic. There are people in this country who haven't and will never drive a Toyota or any Japanese car for that matter. To each, his own.

6 Likes

Re: Need Expert Advise! by valarinz: 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
MedicH:
instead of op to justt jejely respect himself and buy a toyota with the rest of mind that comes with it na volvo and jetta de ur mind. very laughable.

Care to further explain how Toyota is a rest of mind as opposed to the "laughable" Volvo?

I ask cos my Toyota adventure didn't give me anything that remotely looks like "rest of mind", will like to hear your reasons for believing so.

Maybe by the time you're done, we who have been suffering hbp and stroke ontop Volvo will finally see the light and step over to it
Re: Need Expert Advise! by valarinz: 12:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
ibrahim2032:

Both very fantastic cars, but I will pick Volvo over Passat because if the Nigerian rewires, but note, they both do not have very good second hand value.

Just like here, this man gave his own reasons why he believes a Volvo is not a good buy, which is "second hand value".

At least, he has made some assertions, it's now left for OP to bring out his calculator and decide for himself which performs better based on intial price of purchase. Of course you won't expect to sell a used 04 Volvo S60 for 900k just like the Toyota camry of same year, afterall the toks of the S60 sells for same 900k or 1m while that of the Camry is well over 1.6m.

Also, not everyone buys a car with that mentality of selling after a while and using the proceeds to build house, some just want a car that performs for the moment

5 Likes

Re: Need Expert Advise! by diportivo: 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
op

kudos......na man u be

its normal for people to try and force toyota down ur throat....especially on nairaland

most of then haven't even owned other brands,but will join their friends in criticising the other brands......hypocrisy at its peak

as for ur question.....I wld rather you do the Volvo

going by the naija factor, its less problematic

3 Likes

Re: Need Expert Advise! by MedicH: 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
valarinz:

Care to further explain how Toyota is a rest of mind as opposed to the "laughable" Volvo?

I ask cos my Toyota adventure didn't give me anything that remotely looks like "rest of mind", will like to hear your reasons for believing so.

Maybe by the time you're done, we who have been suffering hbp and stroke ontop Volvo will finally see the light and step over to it

If u take a census of Toyota mechs and compare with Volvo which one u think will be higher.
Re: Need Expert Advise! by Segloyd(m): 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
diportivo:
op

kudos......na man u be

its normal for people to try and force toyota down ur throat....especially on nairaland

most of then haven't even owned other brands,but will join their friends in criticising the other brands......hypocrisy at its peak

as for ur question.....I wld rather you do the Volvo

going by the naija factor, its less problematic

I appreciate you all for your time.
Presently I drive a Mazda 3, some years ago when I bought the car, friends and family criticised it but today I can confidently tell you that Mazda is a nice brand.
Well, i like doing things differently from others so Volvo S40 on my mind..... I want to join the league of Volvo owners not minding criticism.

1 Like

Re: Need Expert Advise! by dannybrasky(m): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2019
Segloyd:

I appreciate you all for your time.
Presently I drive a Mazda 3, some years ago when I bought the car, friends and family criticised it but today I can confidently tell you that Mazda is a nice brand.
Well, i like doing things differently from others so Volvo S40 on my mind..... I want to join the league of Volvo owners not minding criticism.

Buy your Volvo and enjoy Luxury without wahala. I know of 5 people in my street driving Volvo's both jeeps and saloon,funny enough I use to think they are unserious to have gone for a volvo. Truth is I see them driving same cars everyday, meaning it is serving them.
Not until u took a closer look into one xc90 interior and I was sold immediately. (Beautiful ride) For me Volvo is a yes even if I dont sell them grin

1 Like

Re: Need Expert Advise! by diportivo: 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2019
dannybrasky:

Buy your Volvo and enjoy Luxury without wahala. I know of 5 people in my street driving Volvo's both jeeps and saloon,funny enough I use to think they are unserious to have gone for a volvo. Truth is I see them driving same cars everyday, meaning it is serving them.
Not until u took a closer look into one xc90 interior and I was sold immediately. (Beautiful ride) For me Volvo is a yes even if I dont sell them grin

baba

in three years the family has bought two units of volvo from valarinz.....no complaints,no issues that will koja afarada

why we must all buy a Toyota is beyond me angry

it's also annoying that,a man has two options and we are trying to help him spend his money on something else that he doesnt even like...as if to say he no see Toyota for ground b4 he choose vw and volvo undecided

e get reason wey make me no own toyota....I don see my reason shaking in a long time....intact,topics like dis only strengthens my resolve grin

3 Likes

Re: Need Expert Advise! by dannybrasky(m): 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
diportivo:

baba

in three years the family has bought two units of volvo from valarinz.....no complaints,no issues that will koja afarada

why we must all buy a Toyota is beyond me angry

it's also annoying that,a man has two options and we are trying to help him spend his money on something else that he doesnt even like...as if to say he no see Toyota for ground b4 he choose vw and volvo undecided

e get reason wey make me no own toyota....I don see my reason shaking in a long time....intact,topics like dis only strengthens my resolve grin

If person no get money na em dey make am bank basically on Toyota. If other brands are as bad as people conclude,their companies would have folded by now. Like a mechanic I know always say,there are no bad cars but bad mechanics .

1 Like

Re: Need Expert Advise! by safari0412(m): 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2019
pennzo:
There's nothing laughable about it. He has said he is not a Toyota person. People have preferences. The rest of mind you claim is only psychological and maybe economic. There are people in this country who haven't and will never drive a Toyota or any Japanese car for that matter. To each, his own.

Thanks for educating them,I don't know why they all believe Toyota is the only good car brand.There are several Toyota cars at the mechanic's workshop.

2 Likes

Re: Need Expert Advise! by safari0412(m): 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
dannybrasky:

If person no get money na em dey make am bank basically on Toyota. If other brands are as bad as people conclude,their companies would have folded by now. Like a mechanic I know always say,there are no bad cars but bad mechanics .

���
Re: Need Expert Advise! by valarinz: 9:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
MedicH:

If u take a census of Toyota mechs and compare with Volvo which one u think will be higher.

You're not making sense, sorry

Take a census of Toyota mechs against rolls Royce mechs too, I guess the Rolls Royce owners are all not sleeping or having rest of mind too.

Now, brethren, let's take a moment and "laugh" at all Rolls Royce owners

grin cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Need Expert Advise! by dannybrasky(m): 11:57pm On Nov 14, 2019
valarinz:

Take a census of Toyota mechs against rolls Royce mechs too, I guess the Rolls Royce owners are all not sleeping or having rest of mind too.

Laughing @ Rolls Royce like.

1 Like

Re: Need Expert Advise! by MedicH: 12:06am On Nov 15, 2019
valarinz:

look at what this guy is saying like a day old. this op had to use an audi engine and put in a passat because according to him he couldnt find an engine for his passat and the mechanic couldnt figure out that the piece wont work until after he has mounted it put in all bolts and then one wire pops out. This same scenario cannot hapen with a regular toyota car in nigeria. that's my point take it or leave it.
Re: Need Expert Advise! by Nobody: 2:59am On Nov 15, 2019
Segloyd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FucT04Vo8go
Re: Need Expert Advise! by oshosegun27(m): 4:49am On Nov 15, 2019
Toyota is the default vehicle of choice for drivers who don't care for or understand cars.
They just want something to get them from point A to B.
Asides the very few nice vehicles from Lexus which represents a tiny drop in a sea of rebadged Camrys, Lexus just gives people with this mindset nicer looking versions of the same car, even using the same chassis and in some models the same suspension.

Someone will say Toyotas are cheap to maintain when the cost of original front shock absorbers for a 2007 Toyota Camry is well over 100k

MedicH:

look at what this guy is saying like a day old. this op had to use an audi engine and put in a passat because according to him he couldnt find an engine for his passat and the mechanic couldnt figure out that the piece wont work until after he has mounted it put in all bolts and then one wire pops out. This same scenario cannot hapen with a regular toyota car in nigeria. that's my point take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Need Expert Advise! by valarinz: 6:15am On Nov 15, 2019
MedicH:

Like I said earlier, you're not making sense. Seems like you're not so conversant with the auto industry, won't it be fine if you stopped typing now?

Passat and Audi, last time I checked is still same company, same as Toyota and Lexus. In both scenarios, vehicles from both companies will share parts, no biggie

From what you're asserting, he suffered from the services of bad technicians and not that the car itself is bad. Last time I checked there are thousands of bad Toyota technicians roaming the streets of our country.

As for the bolded, its now obvious you're embarassing yourself in full view of the world, I'll once more, suggest you leave the topic for those conversant in the industry to tackle

(1) (Reply)

SOLD...Clean Title 2005 Toyota Siena XLE / Carefully Used Toyota Camry 2012 SE For Sale / SOLD! SOLD!! 2008 Honda Accord V6 @800k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.