Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice (11805 Views)

Bouncer Laments After His Car Was Disfigured By Boys He Bounced In Edo (Video) / Which Car Was Your First Car? / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by pattybf(f): 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
iyatrustee:
It can be corrected by the VIO officials. They will only require the customs paper to verify. It might however cost as much as a new registration so i would opt for a new one if i were in your shoes

I hope you have the sale agreement given by the previous owner or have you done change of ownership?

Seems the car no dey travel interstate, those highway boys for don milk you tire! cheesy

What has vio got to do with vehicle registration?
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by pattybf(f): 8:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
Guest911:
I bought a Toyota Camry 2008 last August. And the vehicle papers expired August too.

So I got to the VIO office to do brand new license plate and after cross checking, the chassis number on the car did not tally with the one on the current vehicle license. Even the engine number is completely wrong. Basically the current license doesn’t hold accurate info about the car. The only legit doc that tally with the car is the custom paper.

I’m not exactly sure what to do in this case, I’m thinking of a fresh registration but what if the previous owner made the mistakes but the other owner he got the car from correctly registered the car?

Contact me, let's find out what went wrong n possibly fix it.
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by iyatrustee(f): 8:30pm On Nov 18, 2019
pattybf:

What has vio got to do with vehicle registration?

In my part of Nigeria, they are responsible for issuance of number plates and vehicle license. Talking of Abuja
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by pattybf(f): 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
iyatrustee:

In my part of Nigeria, they are responsible for issuance of number plates and vehicle license. Talking of Abuja

Alright, I'm not sure how things r done in Abuja. In Lagos here, it is d Motor Vehicle Administration Agency ( MVAA). But surprisingly, many people talk abt d VIO, FRSC.
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by kolly1628: 7:33pm On Mar 14, 2023
Boss
Your location
Toosure70:
Bring it my office, I can help you out.
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by kolly1628: 7:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
Can I reach you on this?
pattybf:

Contact me, let's find out what went wrong n possibly fix it.
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by kolly1628: 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
Good evening Boss
Toosure70:
Bring it my office, I can help you out.
Re: My Car Was Incorrectly Registered By The Previous Owner. Advice by ospreywin(m): 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2023
You can contact me for the registration and correction

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Do U Spend On Your Car Monthly Or Annually / Lagos State Ministry Of Transportation Introduces The Electronic Billing System / Any Issue With Honda Civic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.