Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs (28534 Views)

Shehu Sani Reacts As Fashola Says "Some States Have Almost 24 Hours Supply" / We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says / Buhari's Administration Set To Fly After Initial Slowdown - Fashola Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by dante0147: 6:42am On Nov 13, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
I'm confident in Chinese constructors, i prefer them than Julius Beger who have gotten accustomed and afflicted with corruption in Nigeria over the years

Chinese construction companies are the same thing !! Bro you haven’t seen it all

1 Like

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by YorubaPrince: 6:42am On Nov 13, 2019
Of what significance is this project? How's Algeria an attractive destination for us?

Maybe to easily cross to Europe? Hmm... angry
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by xtrim1: 6:42am On Nov 13, 2019
Why will anyone want to drive to Algiers sef? Why not rail?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by wonder233: 6:43am On Nov 13, 2019
Pre 1994 in Rwanda, this was how the country was divided along ethno-political lines. Same thing is happening in Nigeria today: you criticize a poor government policy, you're tagged "wailer". Supporters of an administration feel they are duty bound to support whatever the administration does irrespective of it's merit or demerit.... Our own 1994 is coming.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by ZombieTERROR: 6:43am On Nov 13, 2019
cjudy:
grin

Another one. In DJ Khalid voice.

Them Don complete Benin-Lagos road? Ndi ara.

What about the communication minister that gave Telecom companies to reduce price of data within 7days?

7 days never pass nah...

E go pass by 2023

Person wey don collect bribe since... Close mouth

1 Like

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by YorubaPrince: 6:43am On Nov 13, 2019
bigtt76:
Of what benefit will this road be to us naaaa? The Seme-Benin border is in shambles likewise to other countries and more importantly, Buhari will close the border at the end of the day so what's the need? angry

Exactly... I ask the same question. angry

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by RTSC: 6:44am On Nov 13, 2019
Most of the countries on that map are high risk countries.

Though, it would make going to Europe easier.

After the road, it would remain just a bridge across the Mediterranean sea to Malta or Italy.

Once that happens, local man can go to Europe with his car.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by tweakdude1: 6:46am On Nov 13, 2019
princemillla:
Same way ecowas road was started and abandoned.
What's the fate of badagry express road to mile 2

Its better to finish ongoing projects and get accolades for a job done than have multiple unfinished work

on going grin
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by Jaqenhghar: 6:47am On Nov 13, 2019
Una never do Kaduna to abuja finish na Abuja to Algiers.
For what if I may ask. Shey na una dey jubilate at border closure?Una want isolate unaself

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by CrownPrincehawk(m): 6:47am On Nov 13, 2019
Successful completion of this project in due time will aid economic growth in sub-Sahara of Africa.
I pray the project isn't only completed on paper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by aod1(m): 6:48am On Nov 13, 2019
Asnafsaeed:
I'm confident in Chinese constructors, i prefer them than Julius Beger who have gotten accustomed and afflicted with corruption in Nigeria over the years
you dont know nothing my brother! If you know the amount of Ghana must go the Chinese drop ehn, you go run
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by chronique(m): 6:49am On Nov 13, 2019
Roads within the country are death traps and in sorry states but we are spending money constructing roads to link other countries. Why is this country so messed up like this?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by ussv: 6:54am On Nov 13, 2019
I hope they will allow free bilateral trade flow between the two countries ?
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by jamace(m): 6:56am On Nov 13, 2019
Why the road? Are we going back to the trans-saharan trade era?

Oh, I read that Fulanis are offsprings of cross marriages between the Berbers of North Africa and West African women during the trans-saharan trade era, and probably, Fulanis going back to their root.

It is really sad that with all the death trap roads in Nigeria, our govt is interested in constructing another trans-saharan trade route to Algiers.
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by mormoney85(m): 6:57am On Nov 13, 2019
cjudy:
grin

Another one. In DJ Khalid voice.

Them Don complete Benin-Lagos road? Ndi ara.

What about the communication minister that gave Telecom companies to reduce price of data within 7days?
understand him na

na coded talk be that, just add 0 to that 3 then you know the right date he just put it that way to avoid China, Japan, America, and Europe using us as a laughingstock
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by Tulsaguy: 6:57am On Nov 13, 2019
We have been constructing road since 1960. All our petrol dollars is spent on road construction. We are so rich at the same time we are the poverty capital of the world.

We walk on dollars, yet we don't have clothes on us, we can't eat, we can't even sleep with our eyes closed.

What do you call this?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by reservd(m): 7:01am On Nov 13, 2019
Why did they opt for roads, I feel an inter country rail system would be better

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by Musso16: 7:02am On Nov 13, 2019
Not true bro! Julius Berger is best and not corrupt like the others. Naija lacks maintenance culture. Plus I’m sure there don’t give bribe nor return to anyone! L

Asnafsaeed:
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by princemillla(m): 7:02am On Nov 13, 2019
iammo:
perhaps you dont know, but PDP party of abandoned project are no more in power

So it's pdp that's been in power since 2015? That badagry express road had been abandoned? Talk wetting u know. Nigerians are suffering on that road

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:06am On Nov 13, 2019
Audio road
Like Ghana-Lagos road ba undecided
A govt that is closing border wants to construct road to Algeria
Same govt that said they want to complete all ongoing projects before starting new ones
See how confusion is confusing the confusers

1 Like

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by airbrush: 7:06am On Nov 13, 2019
seunlayi:
I hope so

audio promise as usual
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by Btruth: 7:08am On Nov 13, 2019
princemillla:

Its better to finish ongoing projects and get accolades for a job done than have multiple unfinished work
a bi? and it was this same Fashola and his boss (Tinubu) that started that Badagry/Seme road. But that road is in a sorry state today.
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by Mordecai(m): 7:09am On Nov 13, 2019
What trade benefits does Nigeria get from Algeria? To warrant this prioritisation of the Algiers highway?
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by zone51: 7:09am On Nov 13, 2019
Why will I travel this road in 2days when flight can get me there within few hours?

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by obadesanre: 7:10am On Nov 13, 2019
May your days be long for saying this. Who do they think they are fooling? Even the roads within the country never get attention . Just come to Edo delta roads , it's a no go area. I used to think this Fashola is a right thinking person but now I see he is as confused as a lost cow. Our own Oshiomole is also not helping matters as well as our redundant senators and house of reps members . One day them go answer for their crimes against humanity
princemillla:

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by Tulsaguy: 7:14am On Nov 13, 2019
Kabongo1:
Confidently giving timelines over projects you don't control.

The thing surprise me ohh..
Maybe de just wan talk make we no say Dem no say anything.

Common national ID, they can't print for Nigerians. A government that can't print national ID is boasting of projects outside its shores....

Even GTbank has been begging me to come pick up my ATM. What Security does a national ID has that ATM doesn't possess? Awon oloriburuku somebori

We have only been constructing roads to their insatiable pot bellies since mungo park...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by naptu2: 7:15am On Nov 13, 2019
Wow! It didn't occur to me earlier that many people here have never heard of the Trans-African Highways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by lonelydora: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2019
Asnafsaeed:

Come and see the nonsense they are doing from Imo River to Eleme junction.

I prefer Julius Berger anyday anytime
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by Bluntemperor: 7:19am On Nov 13, 2019
If you can't make meaningful contribution on above Topics while add pepper to the injury?. what is nice in using Nigeria money for road leading to Algiers?.It is either money will be wasted or stolen or project abandoned at the end.Is it when Nigerians have not yet have balanced-diet you are executing project for other Africans? oh Big Brother Nigeria.Mr Fashola,you have enough roads that are bad within Nigeria to set right o.For instance,there is Ijebu-Ode-Ikorodu Road that is crying for Dualization since constructed over 20years ago,people here are really suffering.
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by Kakamorufu(m): 7:23am On Nov 13, 2019
y'all won't link abuja to lagos abi angry

1 Like

Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by jayson87: 7:26am On Nov 13, 2019
simple lagos to ibadan that started under obasanjo... fashola is yet to complete
Re: Fashola Says Abuja-Algiers Road To Be Completed In 3yrs by naptu2: 7:34am On Nov 13, 2019
Ok, I'm going to try and summarise because I've got to hit the road.

The idea of the Trans-Africa Highways was concieved in the 1970s. It's mainly being promoted by the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, the African Union (previously the Organisation of African Unity), the African Development Bank, etc.

These bodies realised that the construction of these highways was a way to increase trade and reduce poverty in Africa.

There are many highways in the project (I think there are 9, but I can't remember for sure). The ones that I remember right now (because they involve Nigeria) are the

1) Lagos - Mombasa Highway (it's meant to go from Lagos through Cameroon to Kenya).

2) Lagos - Dakar Highway (the Badagry Expressway is part of this project).

3) Lagos - Algiers Highway.

Please note that Lagos was the capital of Nigeria when these projects were planned in the early 1970s.

Also note that the fact that a highway is named Lagos - Mombasa does not mean that it is only useful for people travelling to Mombasa. People going to Cameroon or Congo will also use the road.

There's also a similar plan to build a transcontinental railway.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

British High Commission Officials To Meet Nnamdi Kanu In Detention / Udom Dismisses Rumours Floods Campaign With Atiku Branded Buses / Oshiomhole And Adoke Nearly Fought At Presidential Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.