Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network (2157 Views)

My Phone Got Stolen And Now This Is Happening To Me. / Important!! Don't Buy The Airtel Smartbox Router Or Mifi / My Experience With The Airtel Binge Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by aydi(m): 7:28am On Nov 13, 2019
In the past two weeks Airtel network has been SHIT .The network goes from 4G to Edge in a twinkle of an eye and remains at Edge for hours and then miraculously comes back to 4G.The past two days has been the worse of all,the network now fluctuates from 4G to Edge in minutes making my Internet experience really frustrating.

I am a heavy data user,i currently have about 68G on my line and i cant browse it's so annoying and embarrassing. My work depends on fast internet and airtel has failed me.

Over this period i have called customer care countless number of times and all i get is SCRIPT. " We are sorry for the inconvenience we are currently working on it". BITCH I've gat work to do. They seem very helpless and have no idea what is going on, I had to go to Airtel Head office in Wuse II Abuja for a more immediate action but the experience was the same.....SCRIPT AS USUAL " Your complain has been noted and we are currently working on it. 24 hrs has become 48, 72 and so on...... All information about my location has been given to airtel.

This is not the airtel 4G network i use to know something is definitely wrong with the network in my area and they have no idea what is going on.

Is anyone else currently experiencing something similar,kindly share your experience.
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by chariisGRACE(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2019
I taught I am the only one experiencing this sh*t. Airtel fall my hands down
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by aydi(m): 8:17am On Nov 13, 2019
Imagine being in an online video conference with foreigners and after giving your powerful introduction anticipations are high and then Airtel strikes! This was my experience, So embarrassing. Guys were like you don't even have a good internet connection in your country.
So embarrassing!
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 13, 2019
Me too!
Sometimes, it just blacks out. No network, no service, no internet.
But they're still the most the best service provider in my area so I've to stick with them.

But they should check and upgrade their services fast.
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 13, 2019
aydi:
Imagine being in an online video conference with foreigners and after giving your powerful introduction anticipations are high and then Airtel strikes! This was my experience, So embarrassing. Guys we're like you don't even have a good internet connection in your country.
So embarrassing!
Eeya
I hope this didn't affect your conference too negatively sha?
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by aydi(m): 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
It did oh,i got penalised.
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by dtnbaba: 7:41am On Nov 14, 2019
I had similar issues and sent a tweet to their twitter account and it was resolved. The surprising thing was they called me at different intervals to verify the status.

You can send a tweet to @airtel_care and the issue will be history.
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by Dolapo45: 9:36am On Nov 14, 2019
It may sound off the mark but I feel like Airtel actually put in effort in resolving issues customers have. I have received calls from them when I laid a complaint via their social media handles. In fact, I got a call from one of their senior staff. You may share your complaint with @Airtel_care on twitter. I can vouch for them when it comes to customer service and issue resolution.
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by aydi(m): 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2019
Okay i will
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by Sunkyphil(m): 3:17pm On Nov 14, 2019
aydi:
In the past two weeks Airtel network has been SHIT .The network goes from 4G to Edge in a twinkle of an eye and remains at Edge for hours and then miraculously comes back to 4G.The past two days has been the worse of all,the network now fluctuates from 4G to Edge in minutes making my Internet experience really frustrating.

I am a heavy data user,i currently have about 68G on my line and i cant browse it's so annoying and embarrassing. My work depends on fast internet and airtel has failed me.

Over this period i have called customer care countless number of times and all i get is SCRIPT. " We are sorry for the inconvenience we are currently working on it". BITCH I've gat work to do. They seem very helpless and have no idea what is going on, I had to go to Airtel Head office in Wuse II Abuja for a more immediate action but the experience was the same.....SCRIPT AS USUAL " Your complain has been noted and we are currently working on it. 24 hrs has become 48, 72 and so on...... All information about my location has been given to airtel.

This is not the airtel 4G network i use to know something is definitely wrong with the network in my area and they have no idea what is going on.

Is anyone else currently experiencing something similar,kindly share your experience.
does so at times here too but it is stable most times
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by DarkJeddi(m): 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
No network in my area for the past 4 hours..
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by aydi(m): 8:53am On Nov 15, 2019
Omo na turn by turn...it keeps going round.
Yesterday night was terrible, But this morning the speed is off the hook!
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by bravesoul247(m): 8:58am On Nov 15, 2019
But Airtel network is great in my area and it's super fast
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by OCTAVO: 9:56am On Nov 15, 2019
aydi:
It did oh,i got penalised.
Next time, please always have another network's data back up in Nigeria.
Sorry about your experience.
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by aydi(m): 6:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
OCTAVO:

Next time, please always have another network's data back up in Nigeria.
Sorry about your experience.

Yea Thanks, I now have MTN as a Backup
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by HarryDuce(m): 1:37am On Nov 16, 2019
Although MTN is not as fast as Airtel mostly in and around my locale, it is far more reliable than Airtel. Sometimes my data connection doesn't come on until I remove and insert my sim. Then there's the Edge wahala.

Airtel don do me strong thing. I'm wary of them.

Many people have positive things to say about 9mobile minus the data cost which is a huge negative. You should explore your options periodically.
Re: What Exactly Is Happening To The Airtel Network by edoairways: 7:02am On Nov 16, 2019
HarryDuce:
Although MTN is not as fast as Airtel mostly in and around my locale, it is far more reliable than Airtel. Sometimes my data connection doesn't come on until I remove and insert my sim. Then there's the Edge wahala.

Airtel don do me strong thing. I'm wary of them.

Many people have positive things to say about 9mobile minus the data cost which is a huge negative. You should explore your options periodically.
9mobile is the worst network I have ever used

(1) (Reply)

How To Create An Apple ID Without Credit Card / Opinion: Why Don't Phones Start Having Dual Micro SD Card Slots? / Which Is The Best Vpn App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.