Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods (42794 Views)

China Reject Nigerian’s Loan Request Of N10.1 Trillion ($22 Bn) / BREAKING: All Foreign Observers, US, 20 Countries Reject INEC Results / Reps Order 400 Exotic Cars, Reject Nigerian Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Jabioro: 10:15am On Nov 13, 2019
Obiora Madu is a pathetic liar...the borders are closed nothing like partial closing,no goods going and out..all actions are halted...So where did you get your corconted,fabricated vibe from..

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Angelfrost(m): 10:16am On Nov 13, 2019
Thisis2raw:
pls kindly state some reasons?

Reasons??!... Where do we even begin...

1. Extremely slow response to economic conflicts of interest among member nations.
2. Inability to dole out sanctions to nations contravening laid down trade regulations.
3. Consistent failure to speak up for member nations affected by xenophobia in other parts of this continent.
4. Very poor showing, presence, and voice in the committee of nations across the universe.

Etc....etc...

For me, and many others, ECOWAS is just a name.... Not a force to be reckoned with or feared.

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 13, 2019
Thrash. Too many sponsored propaganda to pressure Nigeria to open border. In as much as I believe border closure is not the real solution, it remains the last resort in the face of smuggling as a result of incompetent and corrupt customs officials whose mandate is to man the border and do their jobs.

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Lordofthewest(m): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2019
Nah, I feed myself. I can feed you too if only you humble yourself and beg
SalamRushdie:

How are your parents ..it's clear they still feed U

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by SalamRushdie: 10:23am On Nov 13, 2019
Lordofthewest:
Nah, I feed myself. I can't feed you too if only you humble yourself and beg

Good thing you already know you can't feed me
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:24am On Nov 13, 2019
Angelfrost:

Reasons??!... Where do we even begin...

1. Extremely slow response to economic conflicts of interest among member nations.
2. Inability to dole out sanctions to nations contravening laid down trade regulations.
3. Consistent failure to speak up for member nations affected by xenophobia in other parts of this continent.
4. Very poor showing, presence, and voice in the committee of nations across the universe.

Etc....etc...

For me, and many others, ECOWAS is just a name.... Not a force to be reckoned with or feared.
Bro you are right, the inert organisation has outlived its usefulness and hence should be wound up.
ECOWAS is as dead as the League of the Nations.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by grandstar(m): 10:31am On Nov 13, 2019
The border closure was an errant and destructive action. I doubt that Trump, as eccentric and as unpredictable as he is would go this far.

What is even worse is that the border would only be opened 2 months on 31st January, 2020.

Buhari just threw the baby out with the "clean water". The border closure has no justification whatsoever.

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by segzy3(m): 10:32am On Nov 13, 2019
Angelfrost:
All these unnecessary fuss, and hate... South Africa did far worse with xenophobia, none of these cowardly nations did a damn thing in retaliation...

January 31st is not that far... Till then, y'all should go fvck yourselves!!!... Useless and slow continent!!!
who told u they will open the border by 31st?forget all the paper Speculation
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by dabossman(m): 10:34am On Nov 13, 2019
Notatribalist:
I stopped reading when I got to where it was claimed dangote cement rejected in Benin Republic. That's a complete lie, Benin has been exporting cement from China, they don't buy dangote cement.

The report is actually wishy washy. I was expecting to see real business people speaking and mentioning the goods they export. Instead, it's interviews with the CEO's of one Academy and another institute.

The reporter should do better.

4 Likes

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Notatribalist(m): 10:36am On Nov 13, 2019
dabossman:

The report is actually wishy washy. I was expecting to see real business people speaking and mentioning the goods they export. Instead, it's interviews with the CEO's of one Academy and another institute.

The reporter should do better.
dont mind them my brother

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by MentorNaija: 10:37am On Nov 13, 2019
While we ruminate on the impact this is going to have on our country, don't forget that having your dream business is easier than you think. Reap the benefits. Be a business owner. Secure funds to start your business.

Learn more; www.mentornigeria.com
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by seancombs617: 10:40am On Nov 13, 2019
Buhari go finish us for this country
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Wendybrown(f): 10:45am On Nov 13, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Ghanaians can go and die. Our border remaims shut till the zoo republic of Ghana puts an end to smuggling fake products into Nigeria.
Ghana is responsible for the Boko Haram activities in Nigeria.
Since we shut our borders bokoharam attacks have reduced grin grin
Just30 and GENEGIRIA

na trouble maker u be o
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:50am On Nov 13, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol they can dam the river BRo

I agree with you they can,but the question is do they have the political will to do it ? I don't think so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Innovate07: 10:52am On Nov 13, 2019
nototribalist:
If you believe this fake news you're on your own

the Borders are closed, Nothing goes out and nothing comes in.

how can they reject what they can't see. that border is not opening till 2050.

for example why should we use our Forex dollars to buy goods from europe and Asia and some people will now transfer it to Ghana. including fuel.

All African countries must keep what ever they import with their dollars and export things grown and produce in Africa. so therefore Benin republic keep your rice to yourself, Nigeria must sale their imported goods within Nigeria, and stop this wickedness of pushing it to Ecowas countries. when those goods are scarce back home the price goes high. what sort of wickedness is that.

let all Ecowas countries stress their own currency to bring in goods from Europe and Asia. period

Thank you for this very informed comment. Our greedy people are our own worse enemies. Greedy politicians, greedy business people, greedy commentators and reporters, greedy customs and police.
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:54am On Nov 13, 2019
Wendybrown:

na trouble maker u be o
Those 2 guys dey disturb our peace for Nairaland so make I pay back. grin
Even bible don comfam am say the wicked no go get peace

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:55am On Nov 13, 2019
#NIGEXIT ! Bleep ECOWAS! Borders remain closed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Innovate07: 10:55am On Nov 13, 2019
Racoon:
Buhari simply is badluck.Anything he touch just go bad.This is one of the economic & diplomatic repercussion of this ill-advised decision but zombies cheered him on

Now Nigeria is being isolated by brother African nations though they to large extend depend on us for their economic survival too.
Abeg where is MannaBBQGrill sad

What a very uninformed, Unpatriotic comment.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 13, 2019
See how they march beans which human beings will eat.
josephine123:
And our people are using beans to smuggle rice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1SriDrHHOc
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Innovate07: 11:01am On Nov 13, 2019
okewumi:
Thunder fire them all.

Many Nigerian investors are begins to bring their money out and invest because with border they believe their investment is secure. Smuggling is reduced.

I was told by a friend now that he works at CHELSEA FARM in anambra state. The owner chief patric chidolue bought hectares of land to plant Thailand rice. He brought expatriates farmers from Thailand to the country to plant and train Nigerians.

Do you know how many Nigeria being employed as we speak. Instead for some lazy youth to learn how to handle mechanised equipment, they lack ideas and skills to learn.

Who ECOWAS help. God
Bless President Buhari
God bless Osinbanjo
God bless Nigeria.

Beautiful comment. I like this re-awakening. If farming will bring jobs back to Nigeria again then I am all in for it. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by EdiskyHarry: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2019
when this APC government is done with Nigeria, Nigeria will never remain the same again, let some fools keep applauding failure and poverty, END WILL TELL
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 13, 2019
If the Chinese model has taught us anything, it's that if you make it cheap enough, people will smuggle it into their countries.
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2019
Notatribalist:
I stopped reading when I got to where it was claimed dangote cement rejected in Benin Republic. That's a complete lie, Benin has been exporting cement from China, they don't buy dangote cement.

Importing from China you meant to say.
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Notatribalist(m): 11:05am On Nov 13, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:

Importing from China you meant to say.
yes,thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by NigeriaIsDoomed: 11:06am On Nov 13, 2019
Innovate07:

What a very uninformed, Unpatriotic comment.
Very uninformed and unpatriotic comment I must say.
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Dikegodspower(m): 11:08am On Nov 13, 2019
Racoon:
Buhari simply is badluck.Anything he touch just go bad.This is one of the economic & diplomatic repercussion of this ill-advised decision but zombies cheered him on

Now Nigeria is being isolated by brother African nations though they to large extend depend on us for their economic survival too.
Abeg where is MannaBBQGrill sad

don't mind the dullard,, you are closing while we don't have what it takes to satisfy ourselves... this is the worst and primitive decision made by any president in the history of Nigeria , tomorrow they will call this statement hate speech
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by aspiring44: 11:16am On Nov 13, 2019
Thisis2raw:
am not in support of other countries dump contraband goods in Nigeria, but do you know we also export goods out of Nigeria? So it's only normal these other countries react back. My opinion is let's ECOWAS leaders sit down and have a round table talk

There is ECOWAS treaty in place.

Whenever we are to pay custom duty to NIGERIAN CUSTOMS .We pay as follows

Duty payable 0%5% 10% 20% 35 %

7% port surcharge

1% CiSS now PAAR

5& VAT

ETLS 0.5&

All these are component made up when making duty payment
So the ETLS stands for Ecowas Trade liberation scheme which is 0.5% of CIF. Value and no body ask how these monies are shared from the components.
Already customs are collecting both duty + CISS and we keep saying there is no money in the country . it was okonjo iweala that stopped the large scale corruption on duty payment during her reign then

7% goes to Nigeria port authority . what are they doing with it

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by bayulll011(m): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2019
Thisis2raw:
am not in support of other countries dump contraband goods in Nigeria, but do you know we also export goods out of Nigeria? So it's only normal these other countries react back. My opinion is let's ECOWAS leaders sit down and have a round table talk

use your sense please.
we export good out of Nigeria yes through the proper channel why can't they do same.

you all complain of unemployment and here is someone that want to improved our productivity you lot still complain.

if you want to import into the country use the appropriate channel not just dumb all goods that will not help our economy.
Vanguard who read their news paper these days cos they are full of fake news
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by Neshietdebayzman(m): 11:29am On Nov 13, 2019
Benjaniblinks:
angry

Na hunger go kee them
Then it is good for Buhari to kill us in emergency because we cannot tour London his second home for medical treatment, abi? Buhari ass worshipper!
Re: Border Closure: ECOWAS Countries Reject Nigerian Goods by colestephan86: 11:32am On Nov 13, 2019
1x2x3:
That's why I like Trump. He will hold those countries by their balls till they yield to his request. If Nigeria is gaint of West Africa then the president should remain firm with the border closure.
The only person that can advise Bihari to change his mind on the boarder closure is Godwin emefele, cos he is the person behind the closure. Even the senate and reps can do nothing about it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard / Wike Not Just FCT Minister, But My Adviser – Tinubu / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.