Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

How Do I Place A Lien On My Debtor's Bank Account? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Place A Lien On My Debtor's Bank Account? (2140 Views)

See Condition A Debtor Gave A Man On Paying Back The Money He Owned Him (pics) / Debtor Strips Unclad To Avoid Paying Up After Running Into The Lady He Was Owing / First Bank Lien Taking Over 1month - A Big Flop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Place A Lien On My Debtor's Bank Account? by sjules(m): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2019
I lent someone a sum of money since June and he has refused to pay back. At a point in August, I seized his phone and demanded he pay my money. People in the neighborhood intervened and we settled on he paying a part monthly till he completes the repayment. But to my utmost surprise, he hasn't talked about it since.
I transferred the money to his bank account and I have evidence that he borrowed it, so I will like to know if there's a way to place a lien on same bank account.
Re: How Do I Place A Lien On My Debtor's Bank Account? by famouscargo4u: 10:32am On Nov 13, 2019
go to your branch manager with all your evidence. he will initiate a no transaction blockage on the account and forward same to the bank of the person.
Re: How Do I Place A Lien On My Debtor's Bank Account? by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 13, 2019
famouscargo4u:
go to your branch manager with all your evidence. he will initiate a no transaction blockage on the account and forward same to the bank of the person.

No branch manager will want to go to jail because of your personal transaction.

It is illegal to block a customer's account without either of:
1. Copy of court judgement in favour of placing a lien.

2. Letter from a law enforcement agency - usually the Police or EFCC.
Re: How Do I Place A Lien On My Debtor's Bank Account? by damble: 10:49am On Nov 13, 2019
A BANK MANAGING DIRECTOR SELF CAN DO NOTHING, LET ALONE A BANK MANAGER. IT IS ONLY COURT AND EFCC THAT CAN ASSIST IF YOU HAVE A STRONG CASE. THEY WILL INSTRUCT YOUR BANK TO LIEN THE ACCOUNT.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian's Madoff: Peter Ololo:-the Man Who Brought Down The Banks / Four Major Things You Must Do To Succeed Online / UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.