Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers (3845 Views)

Why Is Tattoo Classified As Sin But Tribal Marks Aren't??? / When Do You Listen To Christian Songs / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Orikinla(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2007
Polygamy is actually not a sin.

There is no where in the Holy Bible that, it is stated that polygamy is a sin.

Only pastors, bishops and other ministers are commanded to be the the husband of one wife.

When Moses married another wife, God did not condemn him.
Jacob had two.
King David had many.
King Solomon had a legion of wives.

How many should Orikinla have?
One and one alone or plenty of fish. grin

So, if you are not a pastor, bishop or minister, you are not bound to marry only one wife.

God said, let us reason together.
So, I want to reason with my Almighty Father on polygamy by mutual consent.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Seun(m): 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2007
Go ahead and marry two or more wives if you want to. Make sure you don't deceive the first wife about your intentions.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by mrmayor(m): 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2007
Dude,you actually do have a sense of humour grin grin cheesy cheesy I have to rethink my opinion about you.I wonder what all the pastors in the house would think
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 03, 2007
Sorry but I have heard this opt out statement many times especially from people who have no self control over their sex life.

In every part of the bible the mention of wife is in the singular and not plural .

Eph. 5:23, "For the husband is the head of the wife ( NOT WIVES ), even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour

Eph. 5:31-32, "31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife ( not wives ), and they two shall be one flesh. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church."

I can go on and on , but Jesus Explicitly told us in no uncertain terms that marriage is for one man and one woman and that anything else is adultery.

It surprises me how people, especially from my igbo tribe, try to twist the scriptures to fulfill their own agendas.

It is not worth it, forbid the thought - It is a sure way down to Hell.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by stimulus(m): 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2007
@frosbel,

frosbel:

In every part of the bible the mention of wife is in the singular and not plural .

I concur o jare! And here's another to those you already cited:

I Cor. 7:2 -- "Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."

Orikinla:

@Orikinla, could you remind us who the two wives of Moses were? undecided
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by pilgrim1(f): 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2007
Polygamy is not a recommendation for Christians - whether ministers or others. Each man to his wife; each woman to her husband.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Ndipe(m): 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2007
Orikinla, where is it written in the Holy Bible that Moses had two wives?
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by IDINRETE: 12:53am On Aug 06, 2007
Ndipe:

Orikinla, where is it written in the Holy Bible that Moses had two wives?

THEN MOSES WAS CONTENT TO LIVE WITH THE MAN [i.e. Jethro the priest of Midian] , AND HE GAVE ZIPPORAH HIS DAUGHTER TO MOSES. AND SHE BORE HIM A SON,  EXODUS 2: 21-22 THE NEW KING JAMES VERSION

THEN MIRIAM AND AARON SPOKE AGAINST MOSES BECAUSE OF THE ETHIOPIAN WOMAN WHOM HE HAD MARRIED. FOR HE HAD MARRIED AN ETHIOPIAN WOMAN
, NUMBERS 12: 1  THE NEW KING JAMES VERSION.

Perhaps Moses might have divorced Zipporah before marrying the Ethiopian woman.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Vicjustice: 8:54am On Aug 08, 2007
Orikinla:

Polygamy is actually not a sin.

There is no where in the Holy Bible that, it is stated that polygamy is a sin.

Only pastors, bishops and other ministers are commanded to be the the husband of one wife.

Jacob had two.
King David had many.
King Solomon had a legion of wives.

How many should Orikinla have?
One and one alone or plenty of fish. grin

So, if you are not a pastor, bishop or minister, you are not bound to marry only one wife.

God said, let us reason together.
So, I want to reason with my Almighty Father on polygamy by mutual consent.

How much have you read the new testament and you found out that it's not written in it?
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57am On Aug 08, 2007
@Orikinla,

I can crack the joke that you are implying here and can see your sense of humour grin
You can also click on the link below and see another light hearted humour about what happened to a king who married four wives; grin   #17

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-69334.0.html

On a serious note Jesus our perfect example referred us to the beginning of the creation of mankind:

5 And said, For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be united firmly (joined inseparably) to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?

6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder (separate).
[/color][color=#990000]  Matt.19:5-6.

Those who want to follow the examples of marriage laid by David, Solomon and Jacob should also be prepared to live with the consequences that plagued their family lives grin

@IDINRETE

Moses was not married to two wives at the same period , the Ethiopian woman (Cushite otherwise nubian precisely) was married after Zipporah had probably died or divorced.  Rom.7:2,3;Matt.5:31,32.  (I am open for correction here if I am wrong) grin

@all

Check out the following references to give you an idea that God is against the idea of multiplying wives to ourselves both in the O.T and in the N.T.  Deut.7:1-4;Mal.2-14;Rom.7:2,3;Eph.5:31-33;Matt.5:31-32;19:3-9;Gen.2:24;20:3,7.

God bless you abundantly. smiley
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42am On Aug 08, 2007
I just came across this verse, so I thought that I should chip it in;

Deuteronomy 17:17
And he shall not multiply wives to himself, that his [mind and] heart turn not away; neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.
Deuteronomy 17:16-18 (in Context) Deuteronomy 17 (Whole Chapter)
   Does "king Solomon" ring a bell? wink

Therefore it is a sin to marry more than one wife(woman) otherwise God who constituted marriage in Genesis would have created Adam and Steve or Adam, Eve and Suzanne grin
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by TV01(m): 12:15pm On Aug 08, 2007
As you can see, Moses was way ahead of his time. The first man to have a BlackBerry grin!

OLAADEGBU:

Moses was not married to two wives at the same period , the Ethiopian woman (Cushite otherwise nubian precisely)

(I wonder how many lobbies I can upset with that one? Black, Jewish, Womens, etc cool)
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Ndipe(m): 10:08pm On Aug 08, 2007
The conflict that arose between Moses and his siblings over his marriage to the Ethiopian woman should serve as a lesson to some racists who view interracial relationships as deviating from the Word of God.

As for Orikinla claiming that Moses was polygamous, I did check, and it is probably likely that Zipporah died, prior to his marriage to the Ethiopian wife.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2007
@Ndipe,

Thanks for the clarification on Zipporah.  Remain blessed.

@TV01,

I made researches about who the nubians were apart from the fact that they were blacks I also learnt that they used to be the original occupants of Egypt before they were displaced by the present egyptians due to their idolatory, can anyone confirm or disprove this theory?

May God richly bless and keep you.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by pilgrim1(f): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2007
Ndipe:

The conflict that arose between Moses and his siblings over his marriage to the Ethiopian woman should serve as a lesson to some racists who view interracial relationships as deviating from the Word of God.

As for Orikinla claiming that Moses was polygamous, I did check, and it is probably likely that Zipporah died, prior to his marriage to the Ethiopian wife.

Abeg help me tell them. Not many people have the time to check on the lessons we should learn from issues in the life of leaders. All in all, I'm reminded of the following:

Hebrews 12:1 & 2
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Orikinla(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2007
I have to read your views well before my reply.

What matters most to God is obeying his commandments. And I did not read where God rebuked or condemned Jacob or David for having more than one wife.
Even Leah and her sister Rachel gave their maids to Jacob to marry and Jacob did not reject the offers and God did not tell him to return them.

There are so many widows in Nigeria and many are still young,
So, what should they do?
Become nuns?

There are more women than men.
The over 500 men killed during the last April elections in Nigeria had women and now the women are bereaved and lonely. And it would be wicked to starve them. So, why not marry them and since sharing is caring, we should be glad to share our love with them.

In traditional African society, widows are given to the husbands to care for them.
This is very realistic.

Most women who support one husband and one wife, do so out of selfishness.

Do you know what lonely women go through?

When you hook a man, you forget that he has actually left another woman for you.
And what should the forsaken woman do?
Look for another man?
What if there is none available on the loacation and in the situation?

I knew a lonely widow that always kept a banana in her bedroom and she never ate it.
Of course I know what she was using the banana for.

No wonder women love bananas.
It is very useful.

Monogamy is not realistic.

I will only stick to one wife in compliance with the rule of the Redeemed Christian Church of Church (RCCG).
But I will ask for the permission of God to practice Federal Charater in marriage.

7 wives would do.

1. Ngozi - Igbo
2. Inih - Akwa Ibom/Cross River
3. Ivie - Edo
4. Funke (Funky baby) - Yoruba
5. Lantana - Hausa
6. There is one from Benue and
7. One hot Kogi babe.

They will have 3 children each.

I have inherited 30 plots of land. So, we can develop the plots to a have an estate and have tenants to pay rent to give us enough money for other provisions and ventures.

The Igbos will grow palm trees and my Malaysian girlfriend will teach them how Malaysia makes more dollars from palm oil than we make from crude oil. Cross pollination may occur in the process of the exchange program. Cross breeding pays.
Another Ramsey Nouah can make it in Nollywood and make us more millions.

The Akwa Ibom/Cross River will collect allocation from oil revenue and if the government fails to pay us, they can kidnap the foreign oil workers and a ransom of $500, 000 should be enough to build a gas station in Benin Republic to generate regular hard currency.
And they will also do fishing and sell dog pepper soup.

The Edos will grow rubber and banana.
No. I have banned any of my daughters going professional in Italy.

The Yorubas will grow Cocoa and collect Owo Ile Levies from the tenants. And produce Aso Oke for local and international market.

The Hausas must revive the groundnut pyramids in our estate. Two pyramids of groundnut would do. And help to do forex business with the dollars and pounds we make from our foreign trade.

The ones from Kogi and Benue will grow roots, pepper and other crops

Now you can see why and how polygamy actually helped our Nigerian economy to boom in the 1960s and 1970s until our traditional ways of life changed.

Who says plygamy does not pay?
Give me seven healthy and fertile women and give me 14 years to prove that polygamy pays.
If I fail, then i will settle for monogamy.
Finis.

Who can challenge me?

I prefer seven single village women who can farm and who can cook and keep on responding for four hours in the bedroom.
One woman a day.

We are going to live in the rural areas. And we are going to be devout Christians.
One family, and only one God under the sun.
And the ten commandments will guide and guard us.
Like the twelve tribes of Israel.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by pilgrim1(f): 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2007
Lol. . . I couldn't wait to smile at your post, Orinkinla. Your recommendations will be left to those for whom they are prepared.  grin But for now, let me offer this one:

Orikinla:

There are so many widows in Nigeria and many are still young,
So, what should they do?
Become nuns?

1 Tim. 5:14 -- "I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully."

Orikinla:

Do you know what lonely women go through?

I do. Do you?

Orikinla:

Monogamy is not realistic.

It is the best thing for REAL people. grin
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Orikinla(m): 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Lol. . . I couldn't wait to smile at your post, Orinkinla. Your recommendations will be left to those for whom they are prepared. grin But for now, let me offer this one:

1 Tim. 5:14 -- "I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully."

I do. Do you?

It is the best thing for REAL people. grin

So Jacob, David, Solomon and the others anointed by the Almighty God and had more than one wife were not real people.

In the name of monogamy, my father married my mother and left the woman who gave him his first child. And the child who is now 52 still feels that my mother deprived her of the love of living and growing up with her beloved father. She looks like him more than any of the other children. I would have preferred my father married my mother and her mother.
Her mother never married and had five other children for other men. Because, she felt betrayed by her first man.

When love is shared, it would be multiplied.

I like being honest.
If have an erection, I won't deny it even in public.
A man can love more than one woman.

My point is, a monogamist is not holier than a polygamist.
What matters most is to obey the commandments of God.
Thou shall not commit adultery is not thou shall not commit polygamy.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by pilgrim1(f): 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2007
Orinkinla tun dé O! grin

Orikinla:

So Jacob, David, Solomon and the others anointed by the Almighty God and had more than one wife were not real people.

Before you multiply your eyes on the 'wifery', let's read what came before those men:

Deuteronomy 17:15, 17-19
"Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose:
one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger
over thee, which is not thy brother. . . Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his
heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.

"And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him
a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites: And it
shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to
fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them"

Now, Deuteronomy came BEFORE David and Solomon - and that which came before them cannot be manipulated after their arrival.

What about Jacob? He actually came Before Deuteronomy was given; but did you hear what he said towards the end of his life? Here:

Gen. 47:9 -- "And Jacob said unto Pharaoh, The days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years: few and evil have the days of the years of my life been, and have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage."

Did you wonder that at the full ripe age of 130 years, the blessed patriarch Jacob had seen enough wahala with 4 women all at once? Of all the times I read in Scripture about the deportment of Jacob, he was angry at least two times (maybe more - I only remember two for now). Guess whom he was angry with?

(a) his beloved and favourite wife, Rachel: "And Jacob's anger was kindled against Rachel" (Gen. 30: 2)

(b) his enigmatic father-in-law, Laban: "And Jacob was wroth, and chode with Laban" (Gen. 31:36)

Haba! Everything dey annoy Jacob! grin Why not? With 4 wives from one crafty father-in-law, a man should have enough wahala to last a lifetime. Even sef, it is not surprising that his anger rubbed off of his boys: "the sons of Jacob came out of the field when they heard it: and the men were grieved, and they were very wroth" (Gen. 34:7). grin

Okay, I've been teasing you so far. But let's go back to David and Solomon again. When Solomon had 1,000 women to himself, it is clear he was contravening Deut. 17:17 - and in process of time, his heart also was distracted in devotion to God (see 1 Kings 11:3-4).

Orikinla:

In the name of monogamy, my father married my mother and left the woman who gave him his first child. And the child who is now 52 still feels that my mother deprived her of the love of living and growing up with her beloved father. She looks like him more than any of the other children. I would have preferred my father married my mother and her mother.

I'm sorry to hear that; and I would still respect your family anyday.

Orikinla:

Her mother never married and had five other children for other men. Because, she felt betrayed by her first man.

I have a few friends with similar recollections. Although I could not help them about the way they feel (anger, bitterness, resentments), in my understanding, perhaps that is one more reason why sticking to one's sweetheart would be highly recommended.

Orikinla:

When love is shared, it would be multiplied.

Depends on whom we are sharing it with. Love cannot be 'multiplied' when some are left abandoned by the ones who are supposed to have loved them in the first place.

Orikinla:

I like being honest.
If have an erection, I won't deny it even in public.
A man can love more than one woman.

Like I said, your recommendation for those to whom it concerns. grin

Orikinla:

My point is, a monogamist is not holier than a polygamist.
What matters most is to obey the commandments of God.

We're all asked to walk in holiness; and one is not made holy on the basis of being married or abstaining from marriage.

Orikinla:

Thou shall not commit adultery is not thou shall not commit polygamy.

There's a law that is given against adultery; but no law was instituted to encourage polygamy.

It is just like arguing to say: 'thou shalt not tell a lie is not thou shall not commit perjury!'

Anyway, enjoy your life in Christ. smiley
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by seyibrown(f): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2010
'Adultery' is having sex with someone other than your 'wife' or 'husband'. Having sex with anybody else, 'second wife' or not, when you have not been seperated from your wife or husband by death, is adultery!
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by tpia5: 2:18am On Nov 28, 2010
Ndipe:

the midianites were said to be dark skinned, so it's quite possible the ethiopian or cushite woman being murmured about, was still zipporah, moses' wife.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by tpia5: 2:52am On Nov 28, 2010
so, poster, you're preaching the doctrines of demons.

not like you're a serious christian anyway so exactly how does the matter even concern you sotay you must open thread.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Ndipe(m): 9:49am On Aug 12, 2020
Probably. Some Christian scholars say so, others say they were two different women.

tpia5:

the midianites were said to be dark skinned, so it's quite possible the ethiopian or cushite woman being murmured about, was still zipporah, moses' wife.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by donnie(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2020
It is a Christian sin, NOT a sin against YAH. Before you attack me, I am not polygamous, neither do I plan to be. I only speak the truth as it is.

But before you randy men run off lusting after women, know that marrying multiple wives will not cure you of the lust that's in your heart. You'll just keep marrying... Remember Solomon? I know a man married to four wives who still lusts after young girls without shame. He even struggles to pay school fees.

Our ancestors even in the bible married, many times being led and mindful of the nations they were building with these women. Some married to establish ties or to extend their kingdoms as commanded by YAH.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 12, 2020
Well it's a crime against man and God!

Most people don't know that there are laws set to guide the Israelites until the coming of Jesus Christ, Jacob their father said "the staff of rulership will not depart from Judah until Shiloh comes, and to him the Obedience of all the peoples must belong" Genesis 49:10

Shiloh here refers to the Christ that Moses later prophesied will come and teach the Israelites how to gain everlasting life {Deuteronomy 18:15-19} the Israelites were expecting this Messiah (Christ) ever since then but Jewish Rabbis later began interpreting prophecies about the Christ to a point that they complicated everything so that the people can't grasp the purpose of the Christ anymore! undecided

So when the Messiah (Christ) finally arrived, even his antagonists realized that he is fulfilling all the prophecies regarding the Christ so they went to inquire from him this same issue. Matthew 19:3-6

Jesus Christ the son of God made it clear to them all that God's standard for marriage is MONOGAMY, he referred his listeners to the standard God set IN THE BEGINNING, one Adam and one Eve" Matthew 19:8

So if anyone wants to prove his Love for God, let him/her obey God's only begotten Son because it's only those who believe (trust) in his words can ever everlasting life! John 3:16 smiley
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by donnie(m): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2020
Maximus69:
Well it's a crime against man and God!

Most people don't know that there are laws set to guide the Israelites until the coming of Jesus Christ, Jacob their father said "the staff of rulership will not depart from Judah until Shiloh comes, and to him the Obedience of all the peoples must belong" Genesis 49:10

Shiloh here refers to the Christ that Moses later prophesied will come and teach the Israelites how to gain everlasting life {Deuteronomy 18:15-19} the Israelites were expecting this Messiah (Christ) ever since then but Jewish Rabbis later began interpreting prophecies about the Christ to a point that they complicated everything so that the people can't grasp the purpose of the Christ anymore! undecided

So when the Messiah (Christ) finally arrived, even his antagonists realized that he is fulfilling all the prophecies regarding the Christ so they went to inquire from him this same issue. Matthew 19:3-6

Jesus Christ the son of God made it clear to them all that God's standard for marriage is MONOGAMY, he referred his listeners to the standard God set IN THE BEGINNING, one Adam and one Eve" Matthew 19:8

So if anyone wants to prove his Love for God, let him/her obey God's only begotten Son because it's only those who believe (trust) in his words can ever everlasting life! John 3:16 smiley

Remove that your useless white Jesus out of the equation and read the scriptures again without your white Christian lenses on and see what you'll find. Polygamy is not in Oyinbo culture... Its in our Israelite culture because we are the people of the book. They should preach their population control and leave the Holy scritpures out of it.

Jesus this... Jesus that... was that even MESSIAH'S name? Are you telling me the Messiah was bearing a European name? Because letter J is not more than 500 years old. We know his name, and its a proper Bantu name.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
donnie:
[size=8pt][/size]

Remove that your useless white Jesus out of the equation and read the scriptures again without your white Christian lenses on and see what you'll find. Polygamy is not in Oyinbo culture... Its in our Israelite culture because we are the people of the book. They should preach their population control and leave the Holy scritpures out of it.

Jesus this... Jesus that... was that even MESSIAH'S name? Are you telling me the Messiah was bearing a European name? Becasue letter J is not more that 500 years old. We know his name, and its a proper Bantu name.

It's OK Sir, first use what you know to unite people from different races and make one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers with that knowledge of yours! wink
Don't worry about morOns like me, we are easy preys whenever we observe a gathering of PEACE lovers, we will start following your group gullibly just as i'm doing with JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES now, i'll even go out there to speak with my fellow morOns to come and join your group! cheesy
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by donnie(m): 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
Maximus69:

It's OK Sir, first use what you know to unite people from different races and make one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers with what you know.
Don't worry about morOns like me, we are easy preys whenever we observe a gathering of PEACE lovers, we will start following your group gullibly just as i'm doing now with JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES now, i'll even go out there to speak with my fellow morOns to come and join your group! cheesy

Thats the problem.... Christianity pursues the antichrist agenda because the plan of YAH is NOT for us to unite as one big happy family with other nations but to come out from among them and be separate. Uniting, whether through religion or polititcs is the plan of the beast system.

YISOLELE (ISRAEL) must be separate unto YAH, his laws, statues and commandments.

Deuteronomy 32:8
When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he divided mankind, he fixed the borders of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.

Leviticus 20:26
You are to be holy to me because I, YAHUAH, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own.

Holy means SET-APART... SEPERATE.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
donnie:

Thats the problem.... Christianity pursues the antichrist agenda because the plan of YAH is NOT for us to unite as one big happy family with other nations but to come out from among them and be separate. Uniting, whether through religion or polititcs is the plan of the beast system.

YISOLELE (ISRAEL) must be separate unto YAH, his laws, statues and commandments.

Deuteronomy 32:8
When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he divided mankind, he fixed the borders of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.

Leviticus 20:26
You are to be holy to me because I, YAHUAH, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own.

Holy means SET-APART... SEPERATE.

Hen nah! cheesy

Where is that SEPARATED group? So that i can join them! cheesy
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by donnie(m): 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
Maximus69:

Hen nah! cheesy

Where is that SEPARATED group? So that i can join them! cheesy

Why are you so adicted to religion? That is the witchcraft and decption of the beast system. Must you join a group?
REPENT and keep that commandments, that's all. I have real people around who believe the same things and we have studies and fellowship together.

Its not a religion, its an awakening.
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
donnie:

Why are you so adicted to religion? That is the witchcraft and decption of the beast system. Must you join a group?
REPENT and keep that commandments, that's all. I have real people around who believe the same things and we have studies and fellowship together.

Well work harder so everyone can see that it won't be arguement arguement arguement as you're always doing on Nairaland but reality reality reality where people can see the WITNESSES of your God Sir!

Until then i remain a bonafide member of JWs global family! smiley
Re: Polygamy Is Not A Sin, But Only A Recommendation To Christian Ministers by MuttleyLaff: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2020
Ndipe:

Dont mind Miriam, of course, Zipporah, was Midianite, but Miriam was trying to be derogatory, hence the reason why she deliberating called Zipporah, a Cushite. It is like, when racists, calls a black man, a nigger.

tpia5:

Ndipe:
Probably. Some Christian scholars say so, others say they were two different women.

MuttleyLaff:
In Exodus 4:25-26, the pronoun “You” (i.e. in the NASB) appears twice, the pronoun “He” and “him” appears once.

You are right that Zipporah, after performing the circumsion on their son, first threw the foreskin at His feet, then said about God, affirming that, He is a bridegroom of blood to her, at which, subsequently, God let him alone or spared his life (i.e. spared the life of Moshe's son). She had that satori that He is Jesus Christ

Reading Exodus chapter 4 contextually put things in their proper perspective

"1Then Miriam and Aaron criticized Moses because of the Cushite woman he had married, for he had taken a Cushite wife.
2“Does the LORD speak only through Moses?” they said. “Does He not also speak through us?” And the LORD heard this
"
- Numbers 12:1-2

It's from the exposure of Zipporah, being a pastor/priest's one of seven daughters (i.e. the daughter of Reuel/Jethro/Hobab, the priest and prince of Midian) and that her privy to the knowledge of the details of the Bridegroom, obtained likely from divining, as a result of past interacts with Moses, that made her have the understanding, revelation of who the Bridegroom of blood is, have the know how and capability to carry the circumcision

Numbers 12:1-2, is informing us that, Miriam and Aaron criticized Moses because of wife, the Cushite woman, an outsider. Zipporah is an archetype, a typical example of the Gentiles, who 2000 years will be grafted into the fold based on the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. This was a coded language of what was going to happen in the future

Also they were jealous of the Bridegroom revelation Zipporah received (i.e. Numbers 12:2), and why it wasn't them that had it

The shepherdess in Song of Solomon 1:5-6 is not a naturally black skinned person. She actually is an Israelite, just like the other womenfolk. She is a person of the Levant origin or from the Mediterranean Sea region

The shepherdess in Song of Solomon Solomon 1:5-6, a bonafide and confirmed Israelite, had to apologise to the women, for turning dark and/or for becoming darker than her other fellow light olive-skinned/light reddish brown skinned/light yellow or golden skinned Israelite womenfolk.

Yes, they weren't aware that they were given a glimpse of what the future would be or look like and so they unconsciously were fighting and/or kicking against it.

3/ What is Moshe simulating when he married Zipporah?
The simulation is this: Jesus’ Union with the Apostles in the building of the Church of God.He was simulating the future union of Jew and Gentiles and the time when it wouldn't matter whether one is a Jew or a Gentile

donnie:
Why are you so adicted to religion?
Sigh. The misguided soul doesnt know what pure and undefiled religion is, this is why he is asking why anyone can be so addicted to religion

donnie:
That is the witchcraft and decption of the beast system. Must you join a group?
REPENT and keep that commandments, that's all.
You are caught in one snare after the other, that could have been avoided in the first place, had you submitted to the ministration of the Holy Spirit

donnie:
I have real people around who believe the same things and we have studies and fellowship together
Blind guide, leading blind lemmings, over a cliff top edge

donnie:
Defo not religion, defo not awakening, but certainly treading the path that risks or leads to eternal damnation

(1) (Reply)

Christians: Where Is Heaven Located? / Leadership Training Programme At R.c.c.g Camp / Q & A: Why Christians Will Miss Rapture: Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.