Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,451 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts (25450 Views)

Hacker Group, Anonymous Takes Down Glo Website / Instagram Takes Down Tatafonaija Account / Instagram Starts Deleting Fake Accounts, Followers, Likes And Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by ikwedim(m): 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
Chai it will affect men in malays, Thai, indo and Philipo
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Celexralno: 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
Daviddson:
I wonder if Nairaland doesn't get ashamed of itself whenever it brings news of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram improvements and new features while itself remains the same for more than 14 years! cool

Why can't Nairaland have # and @ and the ability to block people from following you (at least to help that Michael who goes about opening new accounts every day to cancel people's posts, not to fully lose his sanity grin).

Imagine using Naira symbol as part of the logo of Nairaland as if it's a currency trading site. embarassed

Let's talk about your life now

What have you achieve??
So is bad telling or spreading good news around
Why you think too jealous.. I guess u may be, because you have nothing to offer

Agent of darkness
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Celexralno: 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2019
Daviddson:
I wonder if Nairaland doesn't get ashamed of itself whenever it brings news of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram improvements and new features while itself remains the same for more than 14 years! cool

Why can't Nairaland have # and @ and the ability to block people from following you (at least to help that Michael who goes about opening new accounts every day to cancel people's posts, not to fully lose his sanity grin).

Imagine using Naira symbol as part of the logo of Nairaland as if it's a currency trading site. embarassed

Let's talk about your life now

What have you achieve??
So is bad telling or spreading good news around
Why you think too jealous.. I guess u may be, because you have nothing to offer

Agent of bad talks
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by webngnews: 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2019
Oh
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Captiveportal: 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
And niaraland is happy moving this to front page ? When it's mates like Reddit ans quora are already making huge improvemens
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by samuelshosanya(m): 3:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
nice one...
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by NotFarFrom: 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2019
shadelek:
Any provision for hacked Facebook accounts and hijacked ones?
Yes. Open the account profile. Under the bio beside the Messenger side (at the right), you will see three lines. Touch the lines and select Report. Follow the prompt, and Facebook will deactivate any fake/hacked/fraudulent account,
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by TEYA: 4:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
Monaco2:
All my accounts are still active grin
Me too grin
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by faithsystem(f): 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
please i really need help, someone hacked into my facebook account and has been fraudulent with it. i now have another account. please how do i block the account as i don't have access/password to it anymore?.

please i need urgent help as so many of my friends and family has been victim of the fraud. thank you

NotFarFrom:
Yes. Open the account profile. Under the bio beside the Messenger side (at the right), you will see three lines. Touch the lines and select Report. Follow the prompt, and Facebook will deactivate any fake/hacked/fraudulent account,
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by BonPatrick(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
I lost 5 accounts this month
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Flytime: 5:54pm On Nov 14, 2019
Daviddson:

in addition to that emojis we are only limited to very few we can't even use those on our keyboard

2 Likes

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by jason89(m): 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2019
Nawa o..oja ti burst grin
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by senatepresido: 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2019
Jestin:
who still uses Facebook If u know u know
I know boss
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Jonovo98: 10:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
That one dey, mean while let me share this good news with you guys, my man just picked $30000 right now from his face book client. Praise master Jesus ..............,.
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by NotFarFrom: 9:47am On Nov 15, 2019
faithsystem:
please i really need help, someone hacked into my facebook account and has been fraudulent with it. i now have another account. please how do i block the account as i don't have access/password to it anymore?.

please i need urgent help as so many of my friends and family has been victim of the fraud. thank you

Chat me up on
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by bravesoul247(m): 9:49am On Nov 15, 2019
Billions?? shocked
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by faithsystem(f): 10:04am On Nov 15, 2019
ok

NotFarFrom:
Chat me up on 08088264050.
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by bravesoul247(m): 11:57am On Nov 15, 2019
Daviddson:
I wonder if Nairaland doesn't get ashamed of itself whenever it brings news of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram's improvements and new features while itself remains the same for more than 14 years! cool

I also think nairaland should improve too.

1 Like

Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by shomutuski(m): 5:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
My two accounts survived
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Blastedholligan: 11:31am On Nov 17, 2019
Wow! Billions of account? Its good cos those fake accounts are usually used for scam
Re: Facebook Takes Down Billions Of Fake Accounts by Blastedholligan: 11:33am On Nov 17, 2019
seunmohmoh:
I tried to enter the account I opened years back with fake details and they told me I can't access anymore. Lol. I'm surprised people still use Facebook honestly .
Facebook has the highest number of users worldwide.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Akure Mtn Office Today / My Windows Phone Has Ended Support For Whatsapp / Which Gionee Phone Is The Best You Have Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.