Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Why Was It Diifficult For You To Stop Betting - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Was It Diifficult For You To Stop Betting (316 Views)

Will The Suspension Of All Sporting Activities Help Our Youth To Stop Betting? / How Do I Stop Betting? / Time To Stop Betting As Year 2017 Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Was It Diifficult For You To Stop Betting by lawrenzooo: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
Why is/was it difficult for you to stop betting? Come in and share your experience and how you overcame it. probably it did help someone

https://www.nairaland.com/5526973/how-stop-betting/2#84005343
Re: Why Was It Diifficult For You To Stop Betting by GuestLog: 10:15pm On Nov 13, 2019
My story is quite long but I'll shorten it.

I am a fast learner and a nerd who loves challenges and trends in the digital space. It takes me one or two days to understand any field of study. That was how I found myself with gambling. I wasn't a regular bettor, I was into arbitrage and betting systems which guaranteed minimal losses. Till the day I decided to bet with my house rent and wedding money. The kind of loss I made almost drove me mad. I fell ill that month and wedding was postponed.

Throughout 2016-2019 I have lost a huge sum to crypto currency and gambling. I became broke because my salary would always go for house keep and other needs but nothing to save because I would gamble it all away in a bid to "recover all I've lost".

On the month my wife was to give birth, I was so engrossed in betting and never made any savings. I saw hell and for the first time I convinced my self that I wasn't going to EVER be a useless father to my baby if wifey delivers safely. She did and we are blessed with a baby girl.

Officially, I stopped gambling the day my wife delivered in September. I deleted all apps regarding gambling, cryptocurrency, wasteful expenses and social habits. I've put my brain into more productive use by starting a hydroponic farm to put alongside my job and so far I haven't looked back.

My simple guide:

1: Delete all betting apps and related materials such as score apps, stats, bet calc, prediction groups & browser cookies, bookmarks and history from devices.

2: Find another passion that'll take your interest

3: Avoid quick money schemes.

4: Find a partner that will pray for you.

1 Like

Re: Why Was It Diifficult For You To Stop Betting by Godson32(m): 5:23am On Nov 14, 2019
Just see betting as a part time game for pleasure instead of a way of making millions

(1) (Reply)

Withdrawing From Lionsbet Winnings. / Italy Set New Records In 9-1 Win Against Armenia In The Euro Qualifying Game. / Sheikh Zayed, Owner Of Manchester City Sells 10% Of His Shares In The Club For $

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.