Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

How Do I Stop Betting? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Do I Stop Betting? (28032 Views)

Stop Betting On Football. Basketball Is The Goldmine / Will The Suspension Of All Sporting Activities Help Our Youth To Stop Betting? / Time To Stop Betting As Year 2017 Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by ITbomb(m): 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
Don't worry brother , when you win the million you win stop automatically. JUST KEEP TRYING grin
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
I have thought about this.

To kill a bad habit, you have to modify your environment. Say you want to cut down on tv, move the tv from the living room, or even sell it.

And that is where the problem is. To stop betting, you have to remove bet9ja from your environment. But I see more bet9ja than mtn umbrellas. I counted three on a single road this afternoon.

That does not include the pop ups on internet websites

You want to quit, you may have to move up north where I think but am not sure that they are conservative about betting and are hampering it’s proliferation.

I personally am really disturbed by the government’s obsession with revenue and their obliviousness to the growing gambling epidemic.

Young kids in secondary school are being ensnared into this.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by ahamonyeka(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
bet9ja we die there .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by drey076(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
grin
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by 0monnak0da: 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2019
Decolonel:
This I a serious habit you need to break. Otherwise, you will live your life full of regrets for not being able to save up money for your upkeep and your family needs.

This is what you to do:
Get a small saving box, you can either buy or meet a carpenter to construct one for you. Each day you have the urge to play bet, try to discipline yourself enough to put the money inside the saving box. Now listen, don't expect to quit betting instantaneously, trust me it won't work. Try to reduce the amount of money you bet per day. Then put the bigger amount in the saving box. By so doing, you would gradually stop betting and save yourself some shopping money for xmas
You sound like an expert

I am sure you must have helped many people with this formula ?

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by AvalonSpace(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2019
God will not respond because two altars with different purposes will not act on the same problem. Leave Sango completely out of this. Find a good and a down to earth girl and commit your money to her. She can save it for you and invest later. My friend did it, the lady saved for him, now he's about to put roof on his 3 bedroom bungalow. Before now, he was drunk. Money never stayed in his hands irrespective of the fact that he goes to work everyday. He's an iron bender.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Ribenny(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2019
... jxt pray to God.
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Starz825(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2019
novice22:
If God answers all prayer, I would have been dead because I told him to take my life if I ever go into betting.

I told Sango, god of thunder to take my life if I ever repeat my past mistake yet I am finding it very difficult to let go.

I think it will be easier for me to make heaven than to quit betting forever....I have done a lot of things to let go of my addiction, but none is working.

I believe a problem shared is half solved that's why I'm bringing this here.

Mod please a lost soul.
There is no future in betting...even if u chop 100m and u still dey in am....that 100m go still go down to am...

Sit down and have a meeting with yourself (don't know if that make sense to you cause I do it alot)...
Get a book and pen..

-Write those things u don't want again in ur life..
Anyone u realize it's ur addiction accept it to be ur weakness.. bring out ways u can cut it off
-Write out things u wanna start doing....get busy...if u are a graduate...tryna get a job that keeps you busy...and if u already have a job... keep away from any bet9ja shop or their online outlet....

Talk some senses to ur head by urself....

I repeat there is no future in bet...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Giftexx: 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2019
Conclude in ur mind that betting is scam!
*Game fixing and so on.*
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Nicklaus619(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2019
0monnak0da:
How is this comment useful to anybody

U lack patient go back and read the full text cool
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by aspiring44: 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2019
Sofagreen:

My brother it is well. If you're a Christian, just sincerely tell God that you want to stop and He should help you. Then you will take steps like deleting the app on your phone, quit visiting places that attracts you to do these bets. Break away from friends that do and most importantly study the word of God and meditate
You can Google and check for scriptures to help overcome the addiction, then sit down and read it, think it and pray it. God will help you. You know God still loves us very much in our mess. God will help you

Yes.

We won't know the gravity of our prayers until they are answered.

Prayers is like a sinking fund that you invest in which gives profit and confidence

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by omotowo2: 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
Niggae I am sure you mean baby. As in virtual game, colour colour or ajansare.

Bro.. The day I stopped virtual was my best day in life. I naked myself in front of my wife and son, then took a Bible and open it. Then, I caused my life and said anyday I play virtual, may I die in the next seven days and it really worked like magic. I can't even remember the day it crossed my mind to play virtual.

I only stake on normal booking and I have been cashing out big time. I stake responsibly. The maximum amount I stake on a good day is #1000 and that's ten tickets bro.

Try and use the living God to swear and see how it will work for u. Off your clothes and take a Bible for the oath. Swear you should run mad or die before seven days if you ever bet again.

Sango can't work for you.

But Yoruba says OMODE BUROKO, OBOJUWEYIN....sango may still strike you though

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Decolonel(m): 9:59pm On Nov 13, 2019
0monnak0da:

ou sound like an expert

I am sure you must have helped many people with this formula ?

So far, so good. A lot of people have quit betting through this method. But it works so well for people who genuinely want to quit betting

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Jerrygotswagg(m): 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
OP , my advice here is differ from the rest !! This is not a bad advice , so you know !! I will advice you to keep playing , don’t give up , believe in yourself that one day , you will hammer and it will surely come to pass !! But if you keep thinking a lot about the betting or the money you lose , then you won’t hammer ... A lot of people take betting as their job , because the are dedicated to it , they have hammer and built houses with it ... Bro take my advice , KEEP PLAYING!! It will be your season soon ....#ONGOD

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Nancy1986: 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
Lol
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Recruitmentedu: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2019
This guy. you are so funny.. guy like you go get sweet mouth die.. Una fit use sweet mouth kill woman for bet house.. see prayer.. grin grin grin
novice22:
If God answers all prayer, I would have been dead because I told him to take my life if I ever go into betting.

I told Sango, god of thunder to take my life if I ever repeat my past mistake yet I am finding it very difficult to let go.

I think it will be easier for me to make heaven than to quit betting forever....I have done a lot of things to let go of my addiction, but none is working.

Mod please a lost soul.
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by omotowo2: 10:02pm On Nov 13, 2019
Option 2.

Start flirting around with just a girl.

That will take your time and give u no room for betting. I am so sure she will not take you more money than gambling. This could even be your wife, girlfriend or fiance After work bro, always hang out with her. Before you know it, night Don come.

You spend less and you still bleep

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by chukwuibuipob: 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2019
wink cool u neva see chuchin.Rich gotten from betting dont last.Abeg,stake ur phone,mattress join

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by millionboi2: 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
novice22:

Mod please a lost soul.
reduce d amount u stake

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by iLegendd(m): 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
Don't stop yet — opening a bet shop is in my agenda since most of you don't want to hear word.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by GuestLog: 10:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
Please if you are reading this I beg you to stop. Delete all these prediction apps on your phone. Delete WhatsApp & Telegram groups. Delete Match stats & results viewing apps. Delete videos of betting and erase your browser cookies & betting sites.

This was how I overcame gambling. Tomorrow I will share my story hopefully it'll inspire others who are struggling with addiction too.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Recruitmentedu: 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
craze people plenty this site o.. so after the guy don commit suicide grin grin grin grin
TalkTalkTwins:
How to quit betting 101 grin

- Borrow #10 million from a bank
- Use #8 million to play sure game, ie just bet one game

If you lose, you won't ever bet in your life again. Na only money to pay dept you go dey hustle for.
If you win, you'd start up a reasonable business, and betting go commot your mind.

Don't thank me. What are friends for? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by RTSC: 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
aspiring44:

If its addiction it would have been better , but its habitual to you.

It takes the Grace of God to overcome the temptation aligned .

Try to avoid friends that plays - such friends are called bad influence .

If there is a betting kiosk close to you , avoid taking route that leads to it.

Don't open browsers ,apps relating to betting

Focus your energy more on things that will create positive impact in your life .

Betting is a time waster, money waster .

It reduces one's value , integrity overtime.

Its a big scourge that has enveloped the sociey

He should stop following sports temporarily too.

That is the main trigger for gambling.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by naturalwaves: 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
Several clueless people on this topic.
Well, the truth is that, betting requires a whole lot of work and it is not for the lazy people who want to make quick cash and not do the work.
In betting, they take the money of the foolish and give to the wise.
They also take the money of the senseless poor people and give it to the rich.
Like every other business, betting is a business and must be taken from a business point of view.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by philip0906(m): 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by InvertedHammer: 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2019
/
It is a big addiction.

The devil is a liar. The period you stop betting, someone close to you will win. Then you fall back into the trap. You can't stop betting if people around you are gamblers. It will only take a catastrophic event for you to stop.

/

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Emmatee1816(m): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2019
Brag to all ur friends and associates that u ld never indulge in it again.sayb t to them with pride.even offer them a bounty to mob u heavily whenever u re being caught in wherever shop.jus keep on saying it to any1 u come across....ND don't forget,say it to them with pride......dey ld actually mock u due to ur reputation in gambling but show Dem how desperate u are with it ....I gv u 1 months, d spirit of gambling ld evade you.whenever u wanna indulge in it u ld av a shameful feeling or better still u might b scared of d idea of being mobbed.....I am actually talking from experience.it really helped me....now gambling just seem so trashy to me.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by joshboss(m): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2019
Nicklaus619:
Dude u lack discipline that why you keep loosing money, me self dey bet but I have hot discipline,
1. I don't do virtual
2. I bet only on weekends
3. I budget 1k monthly for betting meaning I bet two games per weekend which is #100 x 2 multiple by 4 weeks which is #800
4. I do it for fun and I am not desperate to rebet when the turn out is negative.
Apply these steps and u go dey okay, sport betting has really helped me, nah virtual nah him dey kill u bros cool
Gerrarra here mehn shh. Lie lie kee you there

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by adonismuller(m): 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2019
Betting has just a green but no red ..once u start I can’t stop...

Just give your ATM or all Acess to your account to your wife of mother ....you can’t play bet when u are broke

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by lawrenzooo: 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2019
TalkTalkTwins:
How to quit betting 101 grin

- Borrow #10 million from a bank
- Use #8 million to play sure game, ie just bet one game

If you lose, you won't ever bet in your life again. Na only money to pay dept you go dey hustle for.
If you win, you'd start up a reasonable business, and betting go commot your mind.

Don't thank me. What are friends for? cheesy

Actually it doesn't work that way! if you loss and you get a million Naira rather than reduce your debt by 1 million you would rather believe that mancity would win liverpool last week so you would go for both team to score and mancity to win with the hope of getting 4 million but again you lose and now your are owing 9 million so the cycle continues.
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Wolexzy11: 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2019
May God help you
Re: How Do I Stop Betting? by Imefawulo(m): 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2019
This one is busy calling Sango, When Sango himself is now the brand ambassador of Bet9ja..When last did you hear thunder strike??..Sango wey dey give bet codes now..You better leave Sango out of this matter...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Forecast For Ghana/nigeria Lotto 5/90 Games From 20-23 Jan. 2013 / #UCLfinal: 5 Reasons Why Juve Will Shock Barca Tomorrow! / Ajax Players Dancing To Burna Boy’s, Song "on The Low"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.