Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,588 members, 7,840,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Nigerian Who Disgraced Us Abroad (2): The Case Of Professor Mark, DVC. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Who Disgraced Us Abroad (2): The Case Of Professor Mark, DVC. (1824 Views)

Stella Oduah Disgraced | Tunde Fashola Hailed / What Is The State Of Origin Of Professor Osinbajo, Osinbajo, Oshibajo, Osibanjo / Short Profile Of Professor Yemi Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Who Disgraced Us Abroad (2): The Case Of Professor Mark, DVC. by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am actually in one of the above fields and yes, it does take time but it is not hard, at least not as hard as you pretend it is, to put together a decent presentation in no time at all.

But I think in your bid to produce an excuse for the man, you forget that it is not the case that he did not have a prepared presentation for his lecture. No, he did have one prepared, he just had no clue how to present it. ROFLMAO

Please do not attempt to explain next how pressing 'F5', '--->', '<---' is also hardwork for this your professor. ROFLMAO!

But then you are assuming he prepared the slides himself. Maybe someone prepared the slides for him (I do that for my boss) and maybe showed him how it but being the conventional man he is, he didnt bother to learn!

There's more to a Power point presentation that pressing F5 and direction keys. You have to follow the slides and be able to go back if you wish. Beleive me, some poeple are just not used to that. They prefer a free flow and undirected method of making presentations. I know cos I work with one of such people. cool cool
Re: Nigerian Who Disgraced Us Abroad (2): The Case Of Professor Mark, DVC. by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2010
Well, if he did not want to be bothered with learning to use PowerPoint, then it would have probably made more sense for him not to show up with them in the first place. Imagine a college lecturer showing up with a robot to a physics/mechanics lecture and never actually doing anything with it, or referencing it in anyway. People will wonder why.

Honestly, using already prepared PowerPoint is really as simply as pressing f5 and the direction buttons. You can go back and forth with those so no need to worry much about flow when the control is still in your hand. One does not have to get it perfectly done, one just has to use the tools to do it right.
Re: Nigerian Who Disgraced Us Abroad (2): The Case Of Professor Mark, DVC. by igbobuigbo: 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2010
From his CV, the man was accomplished in his field of research. But the presentation was not about him but about education and collaborative research opportunities; something a university administrator should be abreast of. He simply did not deliver on that and was completely empty with respect to the use of power point for presentation. Looks like he came thinking he would be talking to a bunch of naija students or some pseudo intellectuals.

Dapo Bear, preparing pp presentations is one of the easiest things to do. A good delivery, however, depends on how you present it and how much of your message is driven home to your audience.
Re: Nigerian Who Disgraced Us Abroad (2): The Case Of Professor Mark, DVC. by Ibime(m): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2010
There's no excuse for anyone not being able to use powerpoint or at least prepare acetate presentation in this day and age.

I don't care if the dude doesn't use IT back home. Computers have proliferated in Naija the last 10 years and even illiterates dey use am.

On a similar note, thank God for lecture slides being uploaded to the internet. I don't know how some of us would have graduated otherwise. I feel sorry for Nigerian students who never had access to such facilities due to unis with lax IT infrastructure and IT-deficient Professors like Professor Mark.

And BTW, how is Prof Mark expected to carry out research and read peer journals if not online? Does he still get journals sent by post like our lecturers of old?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let Us Celebrate Hon Obahigbon By Speaking His Language On This Thread. / Katsina State Cpc Vs Gov. Shema’s Pdp / Chris Ngige For Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.