Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

PMB Call 4 Mass Action In 2003 Is More Insidious Than Sowore’s Call 4 Revolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Call 4 Mass Action In 2003 Is More Insidious Than Sowore’s Call 4 Revolution (215 Views)

Ibrahim Gambari’s New Insidious Assault On The Media - By Farooq A. Kperogi / Onnoghen: Mass Action Can’t Change Course Of Justice — FG / Buhari Won The Elections In 2003, 2007 And 2011- Fomer US Ambassador Campbell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PMB Call 4 Mass Action In 2003 Is More Insidious Than Sowore’s Call 4 Revolution by shehuolayinka(m): 9:04am On Nov 14, 2019
PMB call for mass action in 2003 is more insidious than Sowore’s call for revolution – Political Analyst

Political Analyst and fixer, Matthew Chima Amadi says President Muhammadu Buhari call for mass action in 2003 when he lost the presidential election to Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is more insidious than to incarcerated SaharaReporters Publisher Omoyele Sowore call for revolution.

He said in a series of tweets on his official twitter handle, in reaction to Buhari’s administration continue incarceration of Sowore despite being granted bail by a Federal High Court for a second time, but he is yet to regain his freedom despite fulfilling his bail conditions.

Recall that Sowore was arrested in the early hours of Saturday, August 3, 2019, after announcing his plan to stage a nationwide protest tagged #RevolutionNow.

Sowore was subsequently flown to Abuja where he has been detained.

The refusal of the DSS to release Sowore as ordered by the court, has prompted nationwide outrage and protests at the agency’s headquarters.

The DSS on Tuesday, November 12, assaulted some protesters who were demanding Sowore’s release.

He tweets read, “As I sauntered towards the lifts at the Hilton around 1am late April in 2003, I wondered what was so urgent that warranted Baba summoning me that late. I knocked at his the door of his Suite and he personally ushered me in.I walked in to see Chief Tony Anenih also seated.”

“I bowed and greeted Chief Anenih and as was customary with me,I sat on the floor very close to Baba’s feet and looked down trying to avoid making eye contacts(my late godfather, Alh Garba Koko was like a father to me). Both men were pensive.”

“For a brief 60 seconds nobody spoke, then Baba said to me, “Amadi, Buhari wants to throw this nation into a crises. We need to have a ready troop of demonstrators to repudiate this his disgusting call. How fast can you put it together”.

I told him that was not a problem. I waited for Chief Anenih to say something but “Mr Fixer” kept mute. I then spoke again. “Baba, with due respect, can I express a difference of opinion?”

“Immediately, Chief Anenih who looked disinterested before this time became animated. Baba asked me to speak. I told both revered men that organizing a team of demonstrators to my mind was walking into Buhari’s trap.”

“I told them that one of two things could happen:a counter force would confront ours on the streets which could lead to violence or they would arrange theirs on another day & may have a larger crowd to surpass ours.”

“We have no right to prevent theirs from holding without being accused of stifling free speech. I advised that we should rather put in place a forum or an event organized by an independent organization but that would attract influential Nigerians and opinion leaders who would repudiate Buhari’s call and ask him to tow the path of constitutional order.”

“I argued that no political, religious,business or academic leader in Nigeria would openly back a losing candidate so there won’t be the possibility of a pushback from Buhari’s camp thereby leaving ours as the predominant narrative.”

“I also argued further that if our plan was successful, Buhari would be firmly on the defensive and would take the only honorable way out for him:approach the courts. I stopped speaking and bowed my head again looking at the floor. There was quiet.”

Then Chief Anenih spoke for the first time but only with a question directed at my godfather. “Can he be trusted to pull it off?” Baba answered him immediately.

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/11/14/pmb-call-for-mass-action-in-2003-is-more-insidious-than-sowores-call-for-revolution-political-analyst/

1 Like

Re: PMB Call 4 Mass Action In 2003 Is More Insidious Than Sowore’s Call 4 Revolution by netpro(m): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2019
Wailers falling over hill. Sowore should learn from his situation and move on. He is use his platform to push the agenda he wants. But trying to incite a civil unrest will not end well for everyone.

Listening to wailing anarchists is a sure path to destruction.
Re: PMB Call 4 Mass Action In 2003 Is More Insidious Than Sowore’s Call 4 Revolution by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2019
Buhari is a hypocrite, it's a known fact and I'm no longer annoyed by that. My annoyance is more on his hungry, suffering but pretentiously smiling supporters who see no wrong in an obvious wrong situation.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Fight Between Legislature And Executive Does Not Help Anyone - Lawan / Kogi West Rerun: Sen. Melaye Rejects Results, Says It Was Helicopter Election / UNIMED Receives Over 120 Million Naira Worth Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.