Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,058 members, 7,956,949 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life (14636 Views)

Gbonka Ebiri Replies Sahara Reporters over Threat To Oba Of Benin / Nnamdi Kanu Apologises To Inspector Okon Over Threat To His Children / Edo Assembly Crisis: ‘oshiomhole 15’ Relocates To Abuja Over Threat To Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Racoon(m): 10:23am On Nov 14, 2019
This is the "hate speech" thing.They don't want any criticism.To think that virtually everyone in the APC has this hate speech spirit tells a lot about their hypocrisy.Very intolerant &oppressive govt.

3 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Enemyofpeace: 10:24am On Nov 14, 2019
Factfinder1:
Back to the days of tyranny
we never start, this one na rehearsal
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by SalamRushdie: 10:25am On Nov 14, 2019
He should be careful before they pull a Jamal Khashoggi on him

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Bruemath(m): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2019
SalamRushdie:
He should be careful before they pull a Jamal Khashoggi on him
that is it, let him be careful

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Eteka1(m): 10:34am On Nov 14, 2019
shehuolayinka:
United States of America based Nigerian academic, media scholar at Kennesaw State University, Georgia, Professor Farooq Kperogi has raised an alarm over alleged plot by one Dr. Bello Inua Anka to harm him in bid to silence his criticism of the administration President Muhammadu Buhari.

In a statement posted on his Facebook page, Prof. Farooq said he was being threatened over a video he shared on his facebook wall showing Buhari’s uncle, Mamman Daura celebrating his 80th birthday with (more than 30!) family members and government officials in a posh London hotel while people starve to death in Nigeria.

Titled “A Buhari Relative is Threatening Me Over the Mamman Daura London Birthday Video”, “I didn’t shoot the video. It isn’t exclusive to me. In fact, it had already done the social media rounds before I shared it on my social media handles.”

See his statement below…

A man by the name of Dr. Bello Inua Anka, who is married into the Muhammadu Buhari family, is threatening me over the PUBLICLY available video that I—and thousands of other Nigerians—shared on social media showing de facto president Mamman Daura celebrating his 80th birthday with (more than 30!) family members and government officials in a posh London hotel while people starve to death in Nigeria. (See screenshots of his threats).

He asked me— and reached out to a valued friend of mine to prevail upon me— to take down the video on the excuse that his children are in it and that they’re being endangered. How? As I told him, I haven’t seen anyone say anything about any child in the video. Everyone’s focus is on the hypocrisy of closing the borders at home, insisting that traumatized, poverty-stricken people live within their means, using security agencies to physically humiliate and harass poor people for eating foreign rice, etc. while Buhari’s family members, and a few favored ones, live off the fat of the land at home and abroad, even going so far as to celebrate the birthday of Buhari’s nephew in London— with ministers and senators in tow. Not even Jonathan was this insensitive and hypocritical.

https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/11/14/buharis-critic-kperogi-raises-alarm-over-threat-to-life/
If me can rent a space in any hotel to mark my birthday, what is wrong in that being done for an 80 year old grand daddy?
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Enemyofpeace: 10:42am On Nov 14, 2019
fredoooooo:
[s]This one just dey seek attention ... dey fight himself grin

The name Buhari dey pursue all of dem for dream and real life grin grin [/s]grin
waste of space
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by kizyalex10(m): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Electing buhari as the president of Nigeria is the worst calamity to befall this country
lol if it was a mistake why did he win d second term.this is clearly what naija wants and even if he comes bck d third term.he will ve voted in too.dont say rigging cos if he is clearly defeated.no way will he rig.dont blame buhari.blame d useless and gullible nigerian citizens
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Siberia01(m): 11:09am On Nov 14, 2019
Spatta:
For those who are too young to know Buhari, we were teenagers when this despot took over From Shagari through the arms, We thought he had something to offer, Then we were still buying Peak milk for about 3Kobo, we bought Geisha and for about 5 kobo, we thought the suffering was much under shagari, Umaru Diko had said then, that "Nigerians have not started eating in the dustbin" I wonder if anyone could remember that statement,
Then this despot came and trampled on the democratic system by overthrowing Shagari
There were fears in the Land, We could hardly express ourselves, If you speak up as an opposition, you will be arrested by the Military who were refereed to as "Kill and go" the brutalized Nigerians and killed maimed and raped,

The same Buhari was as weak as he is now, His strategy is to use a Yoruba man, who run the country on his behalf since he is not so intelligent but just being in the Army
He used Brigadier Tunde Idiagbon, Tunde Idiagbon was his Deputy, he was tough and very resilient, a no nonsense man. Buhari was just travelling around and going to where ever while endorsing whatever Tunde decide or opined

As has been done by the north, A southerner who is bright is always picked to help silence the Yorubas who are known to be too educated and well informed, they also appoint a representative among the Ibos to deal with the Ibos in the East
Buhari does not regard opinion, he trampled on all known rule of law and disregard every judicial [process just the way military does
The often forget that they were hired to protect the masses

Buhari of 83 has not changed any bit, he was as weak as water though he loves Power because they cannot survive outside the military, they have no training in any other skills other than to abuse citizens
Then another Brutal Monster Babangida ousted him and he became ashamed and developed enmity with Babangida which he held on to for so long and tried to get back to become President again and failed because Nigerians were well aware of his despotic reign

Let us leave another to talk about Babangida, a Monster who like Buhari should be in Hague answering for his crimes, But you know they cannot travel outside Power because they fear being brought to book.
Buhari failed thrice and wept with emotions we all remembered and a wicke Yoruba Lunatic who thought himself to be another Awolowo, deluded and deceived, an Oraguntan who once was Governor of Lagos, aligned to bring Military back into our life, Just because he wanted to booth out Jonathan who was an obvious Failure

The wicked Politician sold Buhari to us again and we are back to the the tyranny which we though is relegated to the dustbin of history
We are back to repression, we are back to subjugation, we are back to trampling, we are back to Abuse of Laws
while he feeds himself and his Family with the resources of Nigeria, travelling the world over as a Yoruba man "Osibande" is being used or misused
Nigerian must wake up to reject this Despot and collectively say No to oppression

The world is moving forward and progressing, Nations are building from the relics of their past
Nigeria still remain a disappointment to African countries
Many African Countries says, Nigeria's backwardness has affected the African man because we have the largest Population and Corruption which Sowore is fighting to Eliminate has plagued the country for too long and we are pathetically leaving a damaged country to our innocent Young citizens

. hmm my brother. Adolf Hitler has re -incarnated
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by musicwriter(m): 11:11am On Nov 14, 2019
I don't even know whether Buhari jazzed Nigerians to become president. Because everything happening now, already happened in 1983 when he was in power.

If he and his friends don't like freedom of speech, they should move to Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan. I will continue to enjoy freedom of speech online and offline, whether anybody like it or not.

2 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Goldencheese(m): 11:14am On Nov 14, 2019
Buhari should remember he rode onto power via his anti-corruption, accountability and prudence mantra. But all this while, we are yet to see these manifest by his government and APC politicians who are not living and behaving differently from the government they hastily replaced. He is everyday showing us what a charade his political values are.

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by engrfaruq(m): 11:14am On Nov 14, 2019
The right man for Nigeria is Atiku, but they've demonized him as though the culprits behind the demonization are saints....

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by sweetonugbu: 11:15am On Nov 14, 2019
kizyalex10:
lol if it was a mistake why did he win d second term.this is clearly what naija wants and even if he comes bck d third term.he will ve voted in too.dont say rigging cos if he is clearly defeated.no way will he rig.dont blame buhari.blame d useless and gullible nigerian citizens
I understand you perfectly sir, the masses also give room for politicians to manipulate the results, 1,500.000 people will register to vote and 600.000 will be accredited to vote but 390.000 will come out to vote. Rigging made easy
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 14, 2019
Factfinder1:
Back to the days of tyranny

I hope you are preparing for 3rd term.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Lokostic77: 11:34am On Nov 14, 2019
Spatta:
For those who are too young to know Buhari, we were teenagers when this despot took over From Shagari through the arms, We thought he had something to offer, Then we were still buying Peak milk for about 3Kobo, we bought Geisha and for about 5 kobo, we thought the suffering was much under shagari, Umaru Diko had said then, that "Nigerians have not started eating in the dustbin" I wonder if anyone could remember that statement,
Then this despot came and trampled on the democratic system by overthrowing Shagari
There were fears in the Land, We could hardly express ourselves, If you speak up as an opposition, you will be arrested by the Military who were refereed to as "Kill and go" the brutalized Nigerians and killed maimed and raped,

The same Buhari was as weak as he is now, His strategy is to use a Yoruba man, who run the country on his behalf since he is not so intelligent but just being in the Army
He used Brigadier Tunde Idiagbon, Tunde Idiagbon was his Deputy, he was tough and very resilient, a no nonsense man. Buhari was just travelling around and going to where ever while endorsing whatever Tunde decide or opined

As has been done by the north, A southerner who is bright is always picked to help silence the Yorubas who are known to be too educated and well informed, they also appoint a representative among the Ibos to deal with the Ibos in the East
Buhari does not regard opinion, he trampled on all known rule of law and disregard every judicial [process just the way military does

Buhari of 83 has not changed any bit, he was as weak as water though he loves Power because they cannot survive outside the military, they have no training in any other skills other than to abuse citizens
Then another Brutal Monster Babangida ousted him and he became ashamed and developed enmity with Babangida which he held on to for so long and tried to get back to become President again and failed because Nigerians were well aware of his despotic reign

Let us leave another to talk about Babangida, a Monster who like Buhari should be in Hague answering for his crimes, But you know they cannot travel outside Power because they fear being brought to book.
Buhari failed thrice and wept with emotions we all remembered and a wicke Yoruba Lunatic who thought himself to be another Awolowo, deluded and deceived, an Oraguntan who once was Governor of Lagos, aligned to bring Military back into our life, Just because he wanted to booth out Jonathan who was an obvious Failure

The wicked Politician sold Buhari to us again and we are back to the the tyranny which we though is relegated to the dustbin of history
We are back to repression, we are back to subjugation, we are back to trampling, we are back to Abuse of Laws
while he feeds himself and his Family with the resources of Nigeria, travelling the world over as a Yoruba man "Osibande" is being used or misused
Nigerian must wake up to reject this Despot and collectively say No to oppression

The world is moving forward and progressing, Nations are building from the relics of their past
Many African Countries says, Nigeria's backwardness has affected the African man because we have the largest Population and Corruption which Sowore is fighting to Eliminate has plagued the country for too long and we are pathetically leaving a damaged country to our innocent Young citizens

kudos bro this is food for thought ,I knew all these things also but I thought Buhari had integrity and a sincere person that was why I voted for him in 2015 but his atecedents since then really proved me wrong,Buhari deceived us that he is a good man but I can see it, it's so obvious that is a bad man,he still has his huge followers Sha, people just love this man without any cogent reason
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:44am On Nov 14, 2019
A democracy with no criticisms and opposition is nothing but a comic relief.
What i'm quite sure of is "the devil has a way of taking care of his own"

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by tommy589(m): 11:56am On Nov 14, 2019
Spatta:

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by klax(m): 11:56am On Nov 14, 2019
Farooq we are aware of their plan it's their way and that is why the bastards are planning hate speech bill to turn every one to mumu.

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Debaiz: 12:04pm On Nov 14, 2019
fredoooooo:
This one just dey seek attention ... dey fight himself grin

The name Buhari dey pursue all of dem for dream and real life grin grin grin

Asin e.

Buhari has had critic since before he became president and till date I’ve never heard of anyone killed or even beaten for being a Buhari critic but he knows his illiterate followers are not really reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Pavarottii(m): 1:08pm On Nov 14, 2019
Spatta:

Ur post would av made sense if u didn't put Jonathan was an obvious failure... Please tell me how his he a failure?
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by TooMuchStuff: 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2019
Spatta:

U almost made sense until you claimed Jonathan was a failure. GEJ was weak as leader for a country like Nigeria but He remained the best since 1960. Have seen many leaders of Nigeria in all these years.
GEJ na correct Man wey no get liver but very good at heart.
GEJ was Never a Wicked Man unlike IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalam, Murtala and Buhari.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by fk001(m): 1:23pm On Nov 14, 2019
Spatta:

Sowore is a hypocrite.

Why didn't he ask for revolution before election? Why must it be after he lost the election?
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Spatta: 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
Pavarottii:

Ur post would av made sense if u didn't put Jonathan was an obvious failure... Please tell me how his he a failure?

The reason Jonathan was a success to you is because you fed your family under his corruption, if I was President of this country, Jonathan will be answering questions on why under his nose there were names like Deziani or Dasuki, why billions were looted and mismanaged while he was as idiotic and weak
It is corruption that is shielding Jonathan even now because himself and every other President from Buhari should be properly investigated
If you know the Nigeria of our dream
You will not exclude Jonathan in what we have become. You are obviously young to know what a country aught to be
Go to Botswana and be ashamed
Go to Tanzania and hide your face in shame
Go to Rwanda of 1994 genocide and see what they have become
With the billions looted by these failed ex, stop commending failures and I repeat Jonathan is a monumental failure. He aight to have put his dignity in the right place of history
You must have forgotten how Patience Jonathan was even more powerful than the President
Nigerians wake up
It is time to end this shame and leave a legacy for our innocent children

2 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Spatta: 1:33pm On Nov 14, 2019
fk001:

Sowore is a hypocrite.

Why didn't he ask for revolution before election? Why must it be after he lost the election?

You don’t know Sowore. Go and find out about him. You will regret he never become your president when the corrupt people finish dealing with you

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Pavarottii(m): 1:46pm On Nov 14, 2019
Spatta:

The reason Jonathan was a success to you is because you fed your family under his corruption, if I was President of this country, Jonathan will be answering questions on why under his nose there were names like Deziani or Dasuki, why billions were looted and mismanaged while he was as idiotic and weak
It is corruption that is shielding Jonathan even now because himself and every other President from Buhari should be properly investigated
If you know the Nigeria of our dream
You will not exclude Jonathan in what we have become. You are obviously young to know what a country aught to be
Go to Botswana and be ashamed
Go to Tanzania and hide your face in shame
Go to Rwanda of 1994 genocide and see what they have become
With the billions looted by these failed ex, stop commending failures and I repeat Jonathan is a monumental failure. He aight to have put his dignity in the right place of history
You must have forgotten how Patience Jonathan was even more powerful than the President
Nigerians wake up
It is time to end this shame and leave a legacy for our innocent children
U must in a fairytale world ... Comparing nigeria to other countries.. Comparing all our past presidents .... JONATHAN is the best President we av had... So I will give him d accolade he deserves... If fools are still hailing buhari, den why won't I idolize GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Southsoul: 1:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
Buhari has said it that anybody that is tired of enjoying the next level can leave yet he close border and flew to London few days to our masquerade president's birthday Malam daura meanwhile his wife just came back from there kai our Mumu never do joor

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by fk001(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
Spatta:

You don’t know Sowore. Go and find out about him. You will regret he never become your president when the corrupt people finish dealing with you

I know him quite very well. But an activist should never indulge himself in politics.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by digitaltrades: 2:27pm On Nov 14, 2019
mitchyy:
Who send you?

Politics is just a dirty dangerous business

So he should just keep quiet and say nothing?

People like you are threats to progress
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by mitchyy(f): 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2019
digitaltrades:

So he should just keep quiet and say nothing?

People like you are threats to progress

What has speaking up done for us so far? Is Sowore not enough lesson that any criticism is deadly?
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Timfreds(m): 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2019
Threatening is Bubu trademark and his cronies.
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by Legendguru: 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
Oh
Re: Farooq Kperogi Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life by kutashi: 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2019
Spatta:

It's unfortunate that you still carry forward the hatred of 1983 to 2019! God's willing you will die of hatred! Awon ole ofon! Do you know since that 1983 the Nigeria case has been heading southward? Till he comes back! Nigeria Airways, Michellin, Dunlop, General Motors, Volks Wagen, Nitel, Nigerian textile among others were run down or sold for peanut! You did see anything wrong with that? You acursed already! Just live with it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gregory Ibe: Why All Parties Must Zone 2023 Presidency To South East / Olusegun Abraham Steps Down For Akeredolu, Declares Support For Him / Amina Mohammed: A Woman Will Replace President Buhari In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.